Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
building more AK47's

Angry Stupidity rises again!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20...BhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
Proves that it really not all Bush's fault WTF was she thinking. They need to drop these retards down in the middle of this disaster and leave them for a week and see how they fare. Thank god I know how to hunt,build a shelter,purify water and protect myself
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
I like the last line: even in a hurricane the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:37 PM
SVXtra

And what would you expect from her? Her husband lost his reelection bid in large part because he had no domestic policy's.

Her son has no energy policy, no domestic policy and no policy for ending the war in Iraq. At least we have a new FEMA director, as of today. Its no wonder the poor women [figuratively speaking] is confused about the poor.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:15 PM
SVX Appeal

Wow. That has so much slant to it. You can tell that nearly everything was taken out of context. Although it's certainly very possible that there's truth in the article, there's no way you could filter it out of the garbage. Without seeing the tape, we'll never know what she actually meant. Still, a very scathing surmises.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:11 AM
Certified Porschephile

You expected fair and balanced reporting? I guess they don't teach that in college anymore. Seems like if you are a reporter you get to decide how the readers/viewers will be presented with the "information". Must be the michael moore school of journalism. Like all the Bush hates n****** BS on the concert to help the affected in New Orleans. Yep, he's a Texas redneck and made the Hurricane hit the ghetto.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
You expected fair and balanced reporting? I guess they don't teach that in college anymore. Seems like if you are a reporter you get to decide how the readers/viewers will be presented with the "information". Must be the michael moore school of journalism. Like all the Bush hates n****** BS on the concert to help the affected in New Orleans. Yep, he's a Texas redneck and made the Hurricane hit the ghetto.
Amen (to the White Male God, of course)

Sorry, just had to throw that in there.

Completely lopsided, slant-eyed journalism in the worst tradition of Michael Moore. News media is amazingly left-winged, and I remember a "study" (you know you can always trust statistics ) that showed that the majority of journalists felt they were neutral, while the majority of the public saw them as left-leaning.

That said, I do think that Barbara Bush was a fool to express her views in public like that. I'm sure almost everybody, and every public figure, has some very un-PC views about different things. But if you want to remain popular, you better keep that yap shut. Having been a first lady, she was a complete idiot for saying that. I don't care whether you're trying to put a positive spin on the relief work or boost morale, she should have known the race and class lines being drawn by the media when it comes to Katrina victims, and kept that in mind when choosing her words. I have no doubt that her son and she, along with most of the Bush dynasty, are pompous asses who knows little about making it from rags to riches and the plight of the poor. But I can probably say that about 99% of the politicians out there as well, Democrat or Republican.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
I watched an interview with Laura Bush about the hurricane this morning. She did not even know the name of the hurricane, referring to it as Hurricane K...K...Karina (twice).

Shows that George isn't the only Bush with his head up his ass.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: