Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Superbeast

I belive I've solved the Loyal issue. So don't knock em until you've tried...mine

And where were we? Oh yeah! Like i've said befor I thing the the Tribeca is a great idea. Sure the market is flooded with this type of vehicle but Subaru hasn't made one yet. I've often found myself wishing I had a few more seats or more room in my car. A few times I have had to stick people in the rear section of my wagon to fit everybody, but would I ever go out and buy a minivan? HELL NO!!! I've even thought of making my own 7 seater Subaru creation. (Hmmm, an SVX minivan might be cool?)

And my wife drives a P.U.. A rather useles P.U. with only 4 seats and a bed that big enough to take up interior space but small enough to be of any real use. But it is pretty fast.

As far as I'm concerned my BRAT is all the P.U. I would ever need on a regular basis. I've used that thing to move friges, couches, beds, beer, and people, I love it. The only time I ever need a "real" truck is when I need to tow a trailer.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano
Soooo,,,if internal combustion & lead acid batteries are doomed, what is the next best option????????? Power cells???? hydrogen combustion????

Some SUV/PU owners are mainly concerned with saftey, THEIRS!!!!!!!!

Have you aired your concerns to members of Congress?

I have a Silverado that I could live without, however, it's the car my wife drives & I want her as safe as possible.

You have many, many good posts, I am surprised at your stand on big vehicles. How do you justify your racing efforts compared to granny going shopping in her 8 foot high Ford Super Cab?
Power cells and hydrogen even worse. FYI it takes more energy to make enough hydrogen then the hydrogen produces and of course this is in 10% hydro plants, 50% coal and other natural product cooking plants or enviromental and 40% nuclear.

They may be blindly concerned with their safety but the statistics don't dictate the same. We'll use your wife's Silverado (provided it is a 2003 or newer) as an example. If not then it fairs far worse! It has a higher DPMD (deaths per mile driven) than every single buick, all but the chevy cobalt/cavalier in the Chevy family of current vehicles and is about mid pack on the Pontiac list since of course Pontiac builds excitment!

I air my concerns every time I vote . Some how I'd say that a letter or two to Senator Dick Santorum who makes Rush seem more liberal than all of France doesn't seem like a worthwhile endevor.

As for my racing efforts, it is more about passion than much else. I truely believe that the SVX is one of the worthy cars of our era, the only way to keep it in the minds is to drive, race, and win with it so it will be remembered just as the Triumphs, MGs and Jags or the 50s and 60s were. Of course they had their issues but today many survive simply because it was the car that many kids then wanted but couldn't afford. Besides, I already stated the mileage I average which I know Granny and her 8 foot truck couldn't compete with. That does include my work truck in there and the miles it is driven to and from events.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
Well I know I have fit more stuff into my Pathfinder then ever fit in either of our two Legacy wagons. It has more ground clearence and has a low range for when I was driving it in deep mud up to the frame rails last year. I like our Forester, my wife loves it, but I highly doubt it would have made it through the same trails I went through. Those people who never drive thier uber-SUV's on the GRASS because it gets it dirty don't need one, but I at least try to use it for what it was designed for. Did I need to drive those trails? No. Do people need 62" plasma TV's? No. Do you need a SVX when a Civic 4 door gets better gas milage and is more pratical? No. We can go on and on with this one. When you move from the US to the Ukraine and they tell you to drive this Lada, in only grey, with no air, I'm sure you'll re-think the whole your stupid for driving a SUV theme. Freedom is about choice. Plain and simple. Want to be an ignorant liberal democrat? That's your right. Want to be a self absorbed tree hugger? Go ahead. Want to be a red neck? It's all you buddy. I'd hate to live in Utopia where everyone looked alike, talked alike, and thought alike.
Somebody got up on the wrong side of Rush this morning! Maybe you need it b/c you have too much baggage to carry around. As for the low range, that's there for people who can't drive w/o it! I never touched it in my BRAT unless I was pulling an idiot with a stuck SUV out of a ditch with all 73 hp and 200k. Give me the wife's forester. I'll get it through everywhere you're Pathfider will provided they are both fitted with the exact same tires without a scratch. I'll even go some places you'll have definate issues with your compass in the Pathfinder. Oh yeah, and the nice thing about a Legacy is that it has a roof rack which is totally usable and doesn't affect the handling so much to require a roll-over warning label if used.

It isn't the vehicle its the skill of the packer, driver and of course the trusty navigator.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I have yet to see a Tribeca on the road.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano
snip...

Some SUV/PU owners are mainly concerned with saftey, THEIRS!!!!!!!!

...snip
And that's one of my main problems with SUVs. People buy them because it makes them feel safe if they get in an accident. There's 3 problems with this:
1. They would feel plenty safe if they learned how to drive right in the first place.
2. Tied to #1, if they were confident in their driving ability they would feel safe in any vehicle.
3. How safe are they for the mother with the infant in the back seat of her micro-sized (compared to some SUVs) Civic?

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Certified Porschephile

You are starting to sound like those idiots who burn new SUV's on dealer lots because they cause pollution, only to cause more pollution by burning it. You still haven't answered my point about the SVX. There is not one of us who NEEDS one, but merely WANTS one. I like my Pathfinder and I have one. I use the 4wd and get it dirty. That's my choice. It's you that seems to be on the soapbox of late. I still think if you have an issue, it should be with the over $50k SUV crowd. Then it's plain old pointless to own one. The Escalade makes no sense at a 20% premium over an identical Yukon. The Navigator looks cartoonish.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:11 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
The Escalade makes no sense at a 20% premium over an identical Yukon.
That extra 20% is the bling-bling tax

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 AM

Quote:
You are starting to sound like those idiots who burn new SUV's on dealer lots because they cause pollution, only to cause more pollution by burning it.
Actually it wouldn't cause more pollution by burning it than would be produced by even a hybrid over 100k.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:22 AM

m2c- I'm not a mitsu fan but i have to say the new Ecilpse is not to bad !!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94svxred
m2c- I'm not a mitsu fan but i have to say the new Ecilpse is not to bad !!
I think they are fugly in person.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: