Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Update:

And the envelope please: we have a grand total of approx. $1200. Her you know what is mine now! Okay, here's how the story goes, and it's kinda long.

Sunday: I was still mad. So the first thing I did was go out to see if there was anymore damage. Sure enough, the fender is dented and chipped, a bumper mount (or whatever) is bent, so there is a couple of mm gap between the bumper and fender, and, for some strange reason, glass particles inside of both headlights. I have no idea how that happened, but it wasn't like that before. I ended trying to cheer myself up by going to WalMart to get some stuff for my injured baby, Armor All, Rain-X, etc... It didn't work, guess who just happened to be there. On the way back, I ran into a cop that is a friend of mine, someone whose opinion I trust. He pretty much reiterated what the accident officer had said, he just made it clearer. Yes, at $1K, a report must be filed, but an officer can do one for any accident. Thanks for serving, officer. Oh well. He told me just to let my insurance handle it, we have good people that wouldn't let us down. He also warned me about my plate covers...again.

Monday: Still mad, duh. So, I was off to work, and my wife was going to take the car to the body shop. Originally, the guy didn't want us to worry about the headlights, because without them, it would be under $1K, and would not qualify for a CarFax report. I told him that I don't plan on ever getting rid of the car unless it's totaled, so I didn't care about that. When my wife got home, she first called our insurance company to let them know. They said if we couldn't work it out with the woman, let them know and they'd go after her and her insurance. So then she called the PD to start the process of a report. They said we had to call the woman and set up an appointment. Thanks again, officers. So, my wife calls, and the woman is her same lovely self. She tells my wife that she's not doing any report, that she wants 3 estimates, and she wants her redneck mechanic to do the work because he can do it for about 1/4 of that price. Yeah, right. My wife calls our insurance back to find out what to do in this situation. They tell us not to worry, they'll take care of it. We have the right to choose any shop we want, and if she fails to show for the report, she'll be summonsed. Good enough for me, that'll just make my case better. Well, the woman must have had the same idea as my wife. No sooner than my wife hung up the phone, she calls back, sweet as can be, insurance info ready, pleading for us to go to a cheaper shop. Sorry, no deal. My car desrves the best.

So, tomorrow, my insurance is gonna call her insurance and get everything squared, including my rental (yeah, I know I have a spare car, but they don't ). The only thing I'm not going to have the shop do is the corner lense. I'm gonna spring for the extra myself and pick up a set of clear corners from Dayle. And hopefully, I can get it all done before the Tri-State meet.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 04-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
If the other party turns out to be a tasty chick, you might even get some liniment rubbed in
Okay, dude, ewww. BIG EWWW! Man, I wouldn't touch her with your jimmy, let alone mine.

Can't say I haven't had that thought before, though. The girl that totaled my first Subie, an '87 GL hatch, was pretty damn cute. And, I had her phone number! Found out she was engaged before I had a chance to call, though. Now that I think about it, it was probably for the best, I don't think I could date that bad of a driver (I was her second rear-end of the week ), especially one that drives a Racecort.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 04-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Update:

Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
And the envelope please: we have a grand total of approx. $1200. Her you know what is mine now! Okay, here's how the story goes, and it's kinda long.

Sunday: I was still mad. So the first thing I did was go out to see if there was anymore damage. Sure enough, the fender is dented and chipped, a bumper mount (or whatever) is bent, so there is a couple of mm gap between the bumper and fender, and, for some strange reason, glass particles inside of both headlights. I have no idea how that happened, but it wasn't like that before. I ended trying to cheer myself up by going to WalMart to get some stuff for my injured baby, Armor All, Rain-X, etc... It didn't work, guess who just happened to be there. On the way back, I ran into a cop that is a friend of mine, someone whose opinion I trust. He pretty much reiterated what the accident officer had said, he just made it clearer. Yes, at $1K, a report must be filed, but an officer can do one for any accident. Thanks for serving, officer. Oh well. He told me just to let my insurance handle it, we have good people that wouldn't let us down. He also warned me about my plate covers...again.

Monday: Still mad, duh. So, I was off to work, and my wife was going to take the car to the body shop. Originally, the guy didn't want us to worry about the headlights, because without them, it would be under $1K, and would not qualify for a CarFax report. I told him that I don't plan on ever getting rid of the car unless it's totaled, so I didn't care about that. When my wife got home, she first called our insurance company to let them know. They said if we couldn't work it out with the woman, let them know and they'd go after her and her insurance. So then she called the PD to start the process of a report. They said we had to call the woman and set up an appointment. Thanks again, officers. So, my wife calls, and the woman is her same lovely self. She tells my wife that she's not doing any report, that she wants 3 estimates, and she wants her redneck mechanic to do the work because he can do it for about 1/4 of that price. Yeah, right. My wife calls our insurance back to find out what to do in this situation. They tell us not to worry, they'll take care of it. We have the right to choose any shop we want, and if she fails to show for the report, she'll be summonsed. Good enough for me, that'll just make my case better. Well, the woman must have had the same idea as my wife. No sooner than my wife hung up the phone, she calls back, sweet as can be, insurance info ready, pleading for us to go to a cheaper shop. Sorry, no deal. My car desrves the best.

So, tomorrow, my insurance is gonna call her insurance and get everything squared, including my rental (yeah, I know I have a spare car, but they don't ). The only thing I'm not going to have the shop do is the corner lense. I'm gonna spring for the extra myself and pick up a set of clear corners from Dayle. And hopefully, I can get it all done before the Tri-State meet.
hey man, hope it works out well for you. hey by the way, your wife handled all that? does she have a younger sister that's just as cool?
Old 04-27-2004, 12:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X

I don't think I could date that bad of a driver (I was her second rear-end of the week )
No need to lower the tone of this thread

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I was realy concerned when I started to read your post. Then I was glad to learn that it was not very serious from a damage stand point. I am very glad to hear that it was not high enough to total out the SVX because that would really be sad. Well I guess that doesn't apply to you though. Heck your SVX is still worth quite alot with that low mileage. Sorry you got hit. Glad you were watching and real glad your not paying for the fix.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
hey by the way, your wife handled all that? does she have a younger sister that's just as cool?
Yeah, she's great, ain't she? My own personal secretary that I can't get nailed by with sexual harresment. I'm just lucky, I guess!

Yes, she does have a younger sister, but no, she's not as cool. My wife handled her accident too.

Quote:
Orignially posted by Andy
No need to lower the tone of this thread
You know what I'm talking about, smart***!

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
I was realy concerned when I started to read your post. Then I was glad to learn that it was not very serious from a damage stand point. I am very glad to hear that it was not high enough to total out the SVX because that would really be sad. Well I guess that doesn't apply to you though. Heck your SVX is still worth quite alot with that low mileage. Sorry you got hit. Glad you were watching and real glad your not paying for the fix.
Yeah, I know. All in all, considering stuff like what happened to Wiz, I'm very lucky. I thinks it's actually all the circumstances surrounding the accident that make me mad, not so much the damage itself. The simple fact that she kept trying to place the blame on me for something that could have been in no way my fault would have been enough to do it. I've driven my XT6 180mi each day round-trip to work for a year now, and I haven't had an accident in 7yrs. Even that one wasn't my fault, I was rear-ended while I was stopped for a school bus! And, why couldn't it have been the XT6 instead of the SVX? The SVX is the only nice car I've ever owned, I cherish that car! Oh well, it looks like it's all going to work out to my benefit, so I can't be too mad.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust