Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-16-2001, 02:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
AutoFest

Hey, when is everybody planning on getting to this shindig? I know Randy and Steve live real close by, but I have a fair drive ahead of me (7-8 hours).

Our producer is asking us to submit a request for any vacation time we want to take between now and SPRING, so I need to know when we're planning on being there.

The registration info says the show starts at 3PM on Friday, which means I at least have to take Friday off. Maybe I'll just leave really effing early on Friday morning.

Not that I've even made a hotel reservation...I wonder if I can still find anything I can afford.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-16-2001, 03:49 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I'll be about five blocks away when the show starts (3pm on Friday), cuz my office is downtown. I'll probably hit registration on my lunch hour. I haven't made any reservations either. I'm close enough to drive home each night, but, i've kinda been waiting to see where you outtatowners were staying before I made my decision. Steve posted some "relatively inexpensive" motel locations on the Autofest Update thread.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-16-2001, 04:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I'll be about five blocks away when the show starts (3pm on Friday), cuz my office is downtown. I'll probably hit registration on my lunch hour. I haven't made any reservations either. I'm close enough to drive home each night, but, i've kinda been waiting to see where you outtatowners were staying before I made my decision. Steve posted some "relatively inexpensive" motel locations on the Autofest Update thread.
If your office is so close, why are you bothering to make hotel reservations in the first place?

Edit: Something occurred to me. Once we register and park our cars for...well, for display...are they stuck there until the end of the event? That would explain why you want a hotel room and that would also mean I need one for myself - and relatively close, too.

Maybe I ought to bring two-wheeled transportation with me...of course, that means I'd need regular pedals with clips and a lock...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 08-16-2001 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

If your office is so close, why are you bothering to make hotel reservations in the first place?

Edit: Something occurred to me. Once we register and park our cars for...well, for display...are they stuck there until the end of the event? That would explain why you want a hotel room and that would also mean I need one for myself - and relatively close, too.

Maybe I ought to bring two-wheeled transportation with me...of course, that means I'd need regular pedals with clips and a lock...
Nope, we won't be stuck. In fact, there's a "cruise" on Friday night and (I think) on Saturday. After the cruise, we'll head for the hotel. I had thought about sleeping at the office, but, being Shari's birthday and all, on Saturday, I thought better of it.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-16-2001, 11:52 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Aredubjay and I each live about the same distance from the event, but in different directions. I'll be taking Thursday off to shine up the car. Since I work evenings, I'll also be taking all of Friday. I believe that we'll have free access to our cars at all times, but if there's much movement (as I'm sure there will be) it may not be held in the same place next year. If you happen to need (2) wheels when we get there for anything, I can bring you an MTB (or a unicycle, if you only need 1).

I live just off of Route 1 in Illinois. If you think you might get there early, or you'd like to drive in together, I can send you my address and PH# by PM. Or we could just arrange to meet in Princeton, IN or something.

We thought about spending the weekend in a hotel, but then we'd have to kennel the dog (maybe even 2 dogs, as we're going to see another greyhound this weekend).

Ahm gittin' reel antsy now!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 08-19-2001, 10:14 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Okay Pham. Here it is. If you're wondering what Autofest is - click this!
http://wwwmyclassiccar.com
Click on the AF button.
While you're there, click on the wrench, then arrow down to 'Photos'. My SVX is 'Feature Car of the Week' for June 6th (?).

Speaking of which. Sunday, the 30th is Sherry's (Aredubjay's wife) birthday. The following day, October 1st, is my wife's birthday. Are we gonna do the cake and ice cream thing? If so, I'll order the cake for Saturday afternoon. My birthday was today. Sharon got me another greyhound. (Great dog! Blue - with white paws.) She deserves cake and ice cream.

For anybody thinking about a dog. Retired racers come highly recommended. This is our fourth. (Two presently.)

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 08-20-2001, 08:13 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
Okay Pham. Here it is. If you're wondering what Autofest is - click this!
http://wwwmyclassiccar.com
Click on the AF button.
While you're there, click on the wrench, then arrow down to 'Photos'. My SVX is 'Feature Car of the Week' for June 6th (?).

Speaking of which. Sunday, the 30th is Sherry's (Aredubjay's wife) birthday. The following day, October 1st, is my wife's birthday. Are we gonna do the cake and ice cream thing? If so, I'll order the cake for Saturday afternoon. My birthday was today. Sharon got me another greyhound. (Great dog! Blue - with white paws.) She deserves cake and ice cream.

For anybody thinking about a dog. Retired racers come highly recommended. This is our fourth. (Two presently.)

Steve
Actually, Steve, Shari's birthday is Saturday, the 29th. But, we could still have cake and Ice Cream on Sunday as a "middle ground" birthday party. We'll also have to have lunch at Milano on Saturday. It's right on the walkway. They have a killer Carbonaro and great Lasagna. You can get the "Daily Special" which consists of either a Megaplate of one pasta dish or a sampling of ALL the pasta dishes, a salad and a 2 rolls smothered in pesto for only 5.25.
Subaru Ambassador