Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 04-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by scottheaney

As one of the SCOTTS I agree it is more than a little strange. Maybe this Omaha thing is contagious. Just talked to scottsubarus on the board yesterday for the first time. Sounds like he lives about fifteen minutes from me. Omaha is not a huge town, but I have only seen the other SVXers once or twice. At least his son's name is Jim (he is the actual owner of the SVX) which gives a little bit of "SCOTT separation".

These are definitely odd developments, but that is what is so fun about this network! We are a small SVX contingent here, but maybe as this rep grows we will rival the PA and Illinois folks.

Glad we could furnish the flash backs. Unfortunately most of these places you speak of are long gone. Crossroads is still kicking, but went through a very slow time 5 years ago. I don't know about the Joker, that very well could still be there. Council Bluffs still has a way of hanging on to those kind of places (major flash back atmosphere there for sure).

Nah. Joker's gone. Burnt down . . . twice, then, turned into a church (talk about poetic justice )

I was aware that all my old haunts were gone. I was in Omaha between Christmas and the New Year. We try to make it up that direction once or twice a year. Some of the grandbabies are still there. I still have one stepson living there (Kevin). He also lives between Blair and Omaha. Maybe, one of these days I'll make it out in the SVX and NOT the family van.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Scottsubarus

Lippits bottle shop and Hinky Dinky....did you eat at "Joes" in Hinky Dinky??? Joe Pauli was the owners name, where they made REAL french fies.

I wen't to the Joker a few times, but spent most of my time at
"The Depot" on the SE side of CB.

Sons SVX went down for the count again Jim drove 9 miles from school and pulled into the drive with smoke bellowing out from under the hood (tranny fluid) was thinking the worst until I got a closer look. It appears to be a power steering pressure line blew. Will make sure, and have one made here in town(cheaper than to order a O.E. one) ahhhhh the pleasures of owning exotic Subarus!! (Jim also has a XT Turbo that has only broken down on him, never me) I've told him that you have to "talk to the car" every so often. If all the local SVX's can stay on the road and running at the same time...we need to get together!

Scott S class of '77 Westside
Omaha
Old 05-13-2003, 01:21 PM
knight'92

I will check with the Wife, see when I good date would be to have a meet in the springfield/branson missouri area... maybe get some details and discounts on hotels and tickets to places..

I will work on that and see what I can do..
Old 05-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by scottsubarus
Lippits bottle shop and Hinky Dinky....did you eat at "Joes" in Hinky Dinky??? Joe Pauli was the owners name, where they made REAL french fies.

I wen't to the Joker a few times, but spent most of my time at
"The Depot" on the SE side of CB.

Sons SVX went down for the count again Jim drove 9 miles from school and pulled into the drive with smoke bellowing out from under the hood (tranny fluid) was thinking the worst until I got a closer look. It appears to be a power steering pressure line blew. Will make sure, and have one made here in town(cheaper than to order a O.E. one) ahhhhh the pleasures of owning exotic Subarus!! (Jim also has a XT Turbo that has only broken down on him, never me) I've told him that you have to "talk to the car" every so often. If all the local SVX's can stay on the road and running at the same time...we need to get together!

Scott S class of '77 Westside
Omaha

Never ate at Joes, but, Sam Jaquinta (sp?) used to drive me crazy doing the Hinky Dinky commercials. He would always end with ". . .and our XX are one of the reason why." I'd start screaming at the TV "Reasons! "Reasons!" it's supposed to be "REASONS!" My room mate thought I'd gone nuts.

As far as eating establishments go, we used to love to drive to Bellvue and eat at Stellas. Great ol' greasy spoon with ol' fashioned hamburgers.

Interesting to note that you graduated high school the year after I left Omaha. Also, I just noticed a new member: "Omahasubaru." You guys are getting up quite a contingient.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Scottsubarus

OmahaSubaru is Jon Simmons. He is president of the Impreza club of Nebraska. He is a very helpful person to anyone who owns Subarus...of any kind. He and his wife were just over this weekend and they were checking out my son Jims SVX. Johns wife would love to have one now (only a 5speed conversion)
She is the perfect wife for any Subaru guy....she loves the cars as much as Jon does, and doesn't pester too much when Jon wants to write a check for another mod to his project car...Lucky him!!! Whereas my wife askes "when will Jim be done spending $$ on his cars" (Jim is 18 and has 3 Subarus) I try to explain to my wife that he'll never be done! besides normal breakdowns, there is always something "fun" to buy.

Scott