Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 07:22 AM

Smile Happy New Year European SVX friends

Hi everyone

Just to wish everyone in the Euro forum a Happy New Year and I hope that everyone has good health, good luck and increased prosperity in 2012.

Take care everyone.

Phil.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Re: Happy New Year European SVX friends

And a Happy New Year to you too. Some prosperity would do me, nevermind an increase!
All the best,
Steve
Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 AM

Happy New Year to you all and I hope you are all at one with the Universe (my Zen leanings coming out there)
I see Steve is still pleading poverty despite being the principal of a Motorcycle Retail Empire. Are you still smoking around in that old Jag al la Arthur Daly Steve?
I had a small SVX meeting at my humble abode last Sunday with new member Phil and established member Arthur coming round to my place to throw some light on a fault code Phil has with his car.
Are we going to meet up again this year before some of us will have to get there on our bus passes? It was suggested Sunday that this years Japfest which is held at Castle Coombe might be an idea, but I'd still like to meet up at Cosford again perhaps we may be able to start saving now and do the two.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:48 PM

Well you've cheered me up no end Dave. I thought I ran a 'not for profit' green transport centre.
I would certainly have a go at Cosford if it's on.
All the best,
Arfer
Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM

Good to hear from you again Steve hope you are well, as Arthur UK has suggested Japfest which is held on Saturday 12th May this year could be a good meeting place as its easy to get to and what would be stopping us holding two meets in one year? So we could also try for a Cosford meet later in the year.
I seem to remember some owners from a Welsh village where a few of them own SVX's were going to Japfest a while back but I failed to meet up with them so again if they are going it would be good for us all to meet there.
I've not returned to SVX ownership and still have the Esprit V8 and just recently managed to track down a near concours 1994 Renault Alpine A610 which I just had to add to my small collection.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM

Dave, is the Alpine a GTA V6 Turbo? I have a pal who's just come out of prison (VAT matters, allegedly, nothing violent) who maybe still has one, regn 365GTA. Forgot to ask when I saw him. I drove one years ago and have been tempted, as they are sufficiently weird for my taste...and being an ex Reliant apprentice not too dissimilar to a Scimitar in many respects. Actually Dave, I'm being romantic, they are both fibreglass which is really the only common feature.
Is 'Japfest' the place to show the public our advanced and complex grand tourers? Somehow I feel we would get lost in the dyno shootouts and hissing blow off valve stakes. Cosford is just more worthy in my eyes. That's 'rich' coming from me I know, Joe Devine kindly took my SVX and even more kindly cleaned the bugger!
What do you think?
All the best,
Steve
Old 01-21-2012, 02:25 PM

Sorry, Dave, almost forgot. If there is a 'do' at Cosford this year will you be staying at the same posh hotel? If so, a hand up the stairs would be much appreciated as Joe told me your performance with the waitress was well worth watching, and I completely missed out last time.
Cheers,
Steve
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 AM

Yes Steve you have probably summed up Japfest in most respects but it is a central haven for Jap car owners, and the SVX owners will probably have to be consigned to a corner of the field where we can stick our Gazebo up and sip Pimms whilst taking in the smell of burning rubber of idiots going round sideways on the Castle Coombe circuit a bit like I did last year in my Esprit but I was not actually trying to do that. If Cosford this year is o.k. with everyone (well at least all four of us) then lets do it. I'll still be staying at the nice Hotel, and I'd better not mention the suite I've booked in a 5 star Grand Chateau for this years Classic LeMans although they do mention a 24 hours masseuse available which might be right up your street and it would be a waste not to use the services provided wouldn't it.
Oh and the one I bought was the A610 which is the final series which had brakes that work and doesn't make your teeth chatter on A roads.

Last edited by DJW svx; 01-22-2012 at 05:24 AM.