Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Last edited by svxfiles; 04-18-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles

Tom!!

you could have taken the pics from a better angle!!! The 'crusher fodder' detracts from the over-all message!!! You'll never make it as a 'brochure' photog!!!!

You need to go back down and shoot the pasture and front yard!!!

Everyone will think the whole place is covered with DEAD aerostars!!!

Actually.they are full of subi-parts that need sorted!! and WILL be discarded as soon as the new buildings are in place!!!

The concrete turns 30 days old today!!! The guy that will install the lift will be here in 36 hours!!!! The guy that hauls the junk away has been a frequent visitor, and things are MOVING AGAIN!!!!

We spent all day saturday making ready for the "NEXT PHASE" and will be adding a plasma cutter to the list of things that we always wanted, but never had!!

The guy that has the paint for all the buildings that are not new, called today, and said that the paint has arived!! The windows came last friday, and the new 10X10 door was installed . The 2 gal spray outfit came in sat, and awaits the arival of the paint!!

A guy is coming wed to look at the tired old loader that has done all this work, and if he decides to take it home with him, I'm going to use the money as down money on a bobcat!!

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 05-02-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
You should meet my Hubby's biker friends. For weekend trips, the guys ride while many of the wives follow with the kids in camper/vans. Lots of room for not just coolers, but actual fridges They even bring along automatic coffee machines - the big ones that grind the beans and make coffee a cup at a time so it is always fresh!

Guess it's a slightly different breed of biker over here, at least the ones I've met
The ones I refered to would rather have an "easy way to water the pot plants", than a place to take a shower!!!

Everyone has their 'thing', and mine was to have a shower to actually BATH in!! The most expensive car they had was an old Ford Falcon that someone rescued from the crusher for $6.00!! The cockroaches there would carry all the groceries away before the table was vacated ( NOT cleared), and I decided that the east side of Cleveland IS where the nozzle would be placed, If the WORLD ever needed an enema!!!

These were NOT the people that I would like to immulate!! I thank God for the 'brief' experience, and the fact that my car had OVERDRIVE, and held together till I got back to the MOUNTAINS!!!!

I realize that all biker types are not like these, and If these people put all their wealth together, they couldn't buy a 92 Justy with rust!

They were , shall we say. portrayed in a different light, by a mis-guided person, that 'influenced' me to make their aquaintance... I came, I saw, I got the he!! out of there!!!!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 04-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I realize that all biker types are not like these, and If these people put all their wealth together, they couldn't buy a 92 Justy with rust!

Jerry
Well...we have a '93 Justy with rust! Guess that proves we really are a different biker type.

And, of course, we have an SVX too.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Well...we have a '93 Justy with rust! Guess that proves we really are a different biker type.

And, of course, we have an SVX too.
I am currently 'bike free', and was delighted to see that Goldwing go!!!
It was the WORSE bike I ever had!! ( not fun at all)

My favorite was a 72 Triumph Trident 750!! in BLACK!! Sweet bike! I rode my friends Sporty some, and it was good, but the Triumph was easier on the back-side for long rides.. A lot less vibration.

My next bike will most likely be Brittish, but I'm watching what comes out. They built a retro-looking Bonniville, last year, that looks like the 67 that was my first ride on a bike!

I need a touring bike,but NOTHING like the overstuffed goldwing things!!
Is that a Sporty you are sitting on??
(tried it, didn't like it!)

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-19-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Bipa

Yeah, I believe it is a Sportster from the early '60s. Belongs to a friend and the photographer thought that as it was gold, it would go nicely with my hair

Hubby actually sold his totally customised FX Softail about 3 years ago and got himself a brand new Buell. He says it handles much better, and is a lot faster. Frankly I'm getting a little worried, 'cause he's now pushing 200 km/hr on the Autobahn at times. With the older bike, he just couldn't go that fast At least when he's on a club ride, they stick between 90-100 km/hr because of the old-timer panheads. He rides tail because he's now the fastest.

The Buell is definitely not a touring bike. He's keeping it stock, which means the passenger seat might fit a 5 year old. I've never ridden it, even though Hubby keeps saying it's more comfortable than it looks. No thanks. For the last three years I've either joined one of the wives in a camper, or followed with the SVX Now he wants to get a Road King (but keep the Buell).

I've been toying with the idea of getting a bike of my own. I got in touch with Ridley but they don't have any presence in Europe yet. A friend of ours owns a motorcycle shop here in Germany and said he'd be willing to do the import for me. (although he was laughing really hard when I first showed him the Ridley specs, he did finally get interested enough that he contacted them about becoming Germany's first official distributor. But they say they aren't ready to expand yet.)

Hubby refuses to let me buy a Ridley, even though it looks almost identical to a Harley. I'm thinking the Auto-Glide Classic would suit me nicely, being fairly low so I can easily reach the ground, and pretty light so I could handle it by myself. Comes with a 750 V-Twin which is plenty for me.

Take a look, and you'll see why our friend continues to shake his head and laugh at me, while Hubby is slowly working his way towards becoming apoplectic.

http://www.ridleymotorcycle.com/

Last edited by Bipa; 04-20-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Yeah, I believe it is a Sportster from the early '60s. Belongs to a friend and the photographer thought that as it was gold, it would go nicely with my hair

Hubby actually sold his totally customised FX Softail about 3 years ago and got himself a brand new Buell. He says it handles much better, and is a lot faster. Frankly I'm getting a little worried, 'cause he's now pushing 200 km/hr on the Autobahn at times. With the older bike, he just couldn't go that fast At least when he's on a club ride, they stick between 90-100 km/hr because of the old-timer panheads. He rides tail because he's now the fastest.

The Buell is definitely not a touring bike. He's keeping it stock, which means the passenger seat might fit a 5 year old. I've never ridden it, even though Hubby keeps saying it's more comfortable than it looks. No thanks. For the last three years I've either joined one of the wives in a camper, or followed with the SVX Now he wants to get a Road King (but keep the Buell).

I've been toying with the idea of getting a bike of my own. I got in touch with Ridley but they don't have any presence in Europe yet. A friend of ours owns a motorcycle shop here in Germany and said he'd be willing to do the import for me. (although he was laughing really hard when I first showed him the Ridley specs, he did finally get interested enough that he contacted them about becoming Germany's first official distributor. But they say they aren't ready to expand yet.)

Hubby refuses to let me buy a Ridley, even though it looks almost identical to a Harley. I'm thinking the Auto-Glide Classic would suit me nicely, being fairly low so I can easily reach the ground, and pretty light so I could handle it by myself. Comes with a 750 V-Twin which is plenty for me.

Take a look, and you'll see why our friend continues to shake his head and laugh at me, while Hubby is slowly working his way towards becoming apoplectic.

http://www.ridleymotorcycle.com/
Looks good!! I don't need to go fast on a bike anymore!!( healing takes longer as you 'mature'?!) I just want to cruize back roads, and enjoy the warm summer nights!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 05-04-2006, 10:25 AM
There's a storm coming.

Here is a picture of Jerry's new lift. Installes yesterday. More pictures in my locker.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

^ Nice!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
^ Nice!
Check out the other pictures in that locker, Chi ke.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles
Check out the other pictures in that locker, Chi ke.
Tom!!
Thanks for the 'christening ceramony'!! It was the perfect end to a LONGGG awaited day!!!

We still don't have a roof over it, but it WORKS!! When the new building arives, that shop will be 62 ft long! Note that it is placed in the middle of the floor, to allow pleanty of room for prep and mini-meets!!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 05-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Tom!!
Thanks for the 'christening ceramony'!! It was the perfect end to a LONGGG awaited day!!!

We still don't have a roof over it, but it WORKS!! When the new building arives, that shop will be 62 ft long! Note that it is placed in the middle of the floor, to allow pleanty of room for prep and mini-meets!!

Jerry
The 'roof' is SUPPOSED to arive on thurs may 11, (crossing fingers)

I am going to pressure wash all buildings tomorrow, and the paint will be coming as soon as the roof does, so I can get the right color!!

I'll be getting the black and white flooring as soon as the inside walls turn white, and the cabinets are hauled out to the shed for a paint job!!

I figgured with the amount of scrap metal the ol' GMC is going to be hauling away, that this would be a good time to give the brakes an extreem makeover!! I recieved all new pads and shoes, hardware, metal lines, wheel cylenders, fuel filter, oil filter, and various items, to make him more productive!!!

He's been hauling things IN for over a year!! Now he's going to haul things AWAY!!!!!!!
I can't really complain about the ol GMC!! I have put a power steering belt, a lower control arm bush, a tail light bulb, and a quart of oil in it for 18 months service!!( and a LOT of GAS!!) he LIKES gas!!!

When this phase is over, I'm going to "PIMP" that rascal!! Then I will have to go buy another "work truck"!!!!
I had to buy the GMC, cause I "pimped" the 91 Dodge, and couldn't bring myself to 'hurt it' anymore!!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Tom!!

Jerry
New roof is INSTALLED!!!! Looks great!! Can't wait to start pulling wires!!!
This is going to be my most productive summer ever!!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
New roof is INSTALLED!!!! Looks great!! Can't wait to start pulling wires!!!
This is going to be my most productive summer ever!!

Jerry
Second new roof is installed! (Sat 6-3-06) both roofs..............$4,000.

18 yards of concrete,......................................... ........,,,,,,,,$1,900. 265 8" blocks,re-bar, sand,morter,12 bags of quickcrete................$754.
15 gallons of tan paint and 1 gallon of musket brown, ( only because I bought 100 ft of musket brown aluminum , and bent metal to cover a lot of the uglys)............................................ .......................$188.
440 ft of pebble tan, 5-V crimp metal to close in both shops.and hook them to the existing buildings......................................... ..$1,156
upgrades to the wireing to make the welders work in the new shops.$575
the 100 ft of musket brown aluminum mentioned before..................$148.
food and beer for the help.............................................. ..........$500.

Telling The garter snake that lived in my 65 cuda that he had to move, because the cuda is heading for the paint shop........................................pricel ess!!!!!

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 06-07-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Now with more color

where it should have been.

Quote:
Second new roof is installed! (Sat 6-3-06) both roofs..............$4,000.

18 yards of concrete,......................................... ........,,,,,,,,$1,900. 265 8" blocks,re-bar, sand,morter,12 bags of quickcrete................$754.
15 gallons of tan paint and 1 gallon of musket brown, ( only because I bought 100 ft of musket brown aluminum , and bent metal to cover a lot of the uglys)............................................ .......................$188.
440 ft of pebble tan, 5-V crimp metal to close in both shops.and hook them to the existing buildings......................................... ..$1,156
upgrades to the wireing to make the welders work in the new shops.$575
the 100 ft of musket brown aluminum mentioned before..................$148.
food and beer for the help.............................................. ..........$500.

Telling The garter snake that lived in my 65 cuda that he had to move, because the cuda is heading for the paint shop........................................pricel ess!!!!!

Jerry
I should have resurected this thread rather than hijack Tcat's
I guess we can use both.

Jerry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: