IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
as the weather improves....

I actually do have a life!! It was just put on 'hold' till last monday!! With the arrival of spring, came 'spring fever', and the activity that had been tabled..
I spent last saturday on the tractor prepairing for the arival of the new 10,000#, a -sym, lift!! And the building that will cover it! We have to get ready for a concrete pour, and the block laying, so the guys that install the building have a place to put it!!
I had to get a tire repaired on the loader, FIND all the tools I havn't used since the last 'pour' 4 years ago, and make all necessary arangements..
I had to get the electrician down here for an estimate, order a new garage door and windows etc etc!!
All that said,, there will be an 'absence' of subi-crosser, till all this stuff is 'in the can'.
Ordered the new spool gun, to give the mig aluminum capibilities, and look forward to the busiest summer of my LIFE!!!
I will continue to 'LURK' and will throw out a little 'sage advise' from time to time..
BUT, the rest of the time, I am going to be throwing sparks, mud, rubber,putty dust, and hopefully NOT parts into the air!! (last year, I threw some yellow fiberglass, but will try not to do that again)!!!

I am registered for the saturday auto-cross in cumberland, (mothers day weekend). I don't have any idea which subi will go with me, but one of them will be there!!! Might even have to be Tom's 'tire warmer', for the supercharged SVX!!!

I might even work in a little sleep!!

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-23-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:30 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I am registered for the saturday auto-cross in cumberland, (mothers day weekend). I don't have any idea which subi will go with me, but one of them will be there!!! Might even have to be Tom's 'tire warmer', for the supercharged SVX!!!

Jerry
Take my Claret for a spin Jerry
That ought to wake you up!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I got tired and lazy just reading this.

Good luck!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
I actually do have a life!! It was just put on 'hold' till last monday!! With the arrival of spring, came 'spring fever', and the activity that had been tabled..
I spent last saturday on the tractor prepairing for the arival of the new 10,000#, a -sym, lift!! And the building that will cover it! We have to get ready for a concrete pour, and the block laying, so the guys that install the building have a place to put it!!
I had to get a tire repaired on the loader, FIND all the tools I havn't used since the last 'pour' 4 years ago, and make all necessary arangements..
I had to get the electrician down here for an estimate, order a new garage door and windows etc etc!!
All that said,, there will be an 'absence' of subi-crosser, till all this stuff is 'in the can'.
Ordered the new spool gun, to give the mig aluminum capibilities, and look forward to the busiest summer of my LIFE!!!
I will continue to 'LURK' and will throw out a little 'sage advise' from time to time..
BUT, the rest of the time, I am going to be throwing sparks, mud, rubber,putty dust, and hopefully NOT parts into the air!! (last year, I threw some yellow fiberglass, but will try not to do that again)!!!

Jerry
Winding down....

got up at 5:45 am, packed daughters lunch, woke daughter, and hauled her to school. Went to local (non-discount) parts house and ordered a 'hen's tooth', a waterpump for a Continental 6 on a 1952 fork lift.
Next I went to the insurance company that handles Grundy antique ins and bought some coverage for the yellow truck on my pic.
As I was setting there, the shipping co called about the lift... I left where-ever it is coming from today, and will arive on fri or monday!
I went to the supply company ( NOT LOWES, OR ANY OTHER BIG NAME- LOW QUALITY outfit)!!!!that had ordered my garage door, and gave them a 'wish list' for tomorrows delivery. I then went to SVX files shop for a short visit.
(I spent all day saturday on the ol' Case front loader moving dirt, so the concrete guys could do their thing..)
I then went to the electritians place and paid him for the necessary up-grades to the old shop, so we could hook the new shop up.
I then ordered the blocks, sand, moarter, re-bar, gravel,Wood for the forms and 'retained' a block layer...I jumped back on the Case for a while, and then I took a 45 min nap, and went to work for 8 hours!

It is very tired out, I think I will fall down for a few hours!!!
Jerry

PS, ( it's a secret), SVX's are 'leaking' onto my farm, Could this be the beginning of a new '4:44 swap-stop?????You know, that would break my heart!!!

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-27-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Winding down....

got up at 5:45 am, packed daughters lunch, woke daughter, and hauled her to school. Went to local (non-discount) parts house and ordered a 'hen's tooth', a waterpump for a Continental 6 on a 1952 fork lift.
Next I went to the insurance company that handles Grundy antique ins and bought some coverage for the yellow truck on my pic.
As I was setting there, the shipping co called about the lift... I left where-ever it is coming from today, and will arive on fri or monday!
I went to the supply company ( NOT LOWES, OR ANY OTHER BIG NAME- LOW QUALITY outfit)!!!!that had ordered my garage door, and gave them a 'wish list' for tomorrows delivery. I then went to SVX files shop for a short visit.
(I spent all day saturday on the ol' Case front loader moving dirt, so the concrete guys could do their thing..)
I then went to the electritians place and paid him for the necessary up-grades to the old shop, so we could hook the new shop up.
I then ordered the blocks, sand, moarter, re-bar, gravel,Wood for the forms and 'retained' a block layer...I jumped back on the Case for a while, and then I took a 45 min nap, and went to work for 8 hours!

It is very tired out, I think I will fall down for a few hours!!!
Jerry

PS, ( it's a secret), SVX's are 'leaking' onto my farm, Could this be the beginning of a new '4:44 swap-stop?????You know, that would break my heart!!!
Blocks arrived today, 'pour' set for monday, wiring upgrades 'in the can',garage door delivered, HENS TOOTH delivered and installed, lift coming tuesday, buildings coming NEXT tuesday, sleep coming in blocks of 5 hours or less, work hitting 'all the time', A lot to deal with for a guy over half way to 106 years old!!!

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-01-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I hope I have that kind of energy when I grow up. I guess I just need some tools and alot of broken stuff, then Ill be set
Oh...If your MIG welding aluminum...Hopefully it isnt anything that holds a heavy load. Prettymuch every aluminum MIG weld I've seen was either broken or damn near it. Sometime down the road yo might want to invest in a TIG welder, if your doing alot of aluminum work
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-01-2006, 09:35 AM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
I hope I have that kind of energy when I grow up.
Grow up
Apparently you have not met Jerry!

He's just a big teenager like some of us other old guys!

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 04-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
I hope I have that kind of energy when I grow up. I guess I just need some tools and alot of broken stuff, then Ill be set
Oh...If your MIG welding aluminum...Hopefully it isnt anything that holds a heavy load. Prettymuch every aluminum MIG weld I've seen was either broken or damn near it. Sometime down the road yo might want to invest in a TIG welder, if your doing alot of aluminum work
We have a guy that has a tig,but the 35 mile 'round trip' sucks!!, we just want to do 'light' alum.so we don't have to run to town. ( we be 'country' )...

Suburban, suburbia?(redneck)

Jerry

Jerry
Old 04-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles
Grow up
Apparently you have not met Jerry!

He's just a big teenager like some of us other old guys!
I REMEMBER when Elvis released 'Hound dog', but can't remember what I had for breakfast!!! OHHH , It was LUNCH that I had for breakfast!!!!
It's Christmas morning!! The CEMENT truck will be coming in 6 hours,The forms are in, and the re-bar in place and I can't sleep!!!!
Saturday nite, I parked the loader about 7:30 pm, got off, sat on the wall next to the 'scene' where building number 2 goes, and WentTo Sleep sitting up! It was about an hour later that the 'night time birds song' made me realize that I should try going to bed!! I went to bed at 9 pm tonite, so the night would pass faster, but it only worked till 1:30am,

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-03-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
I REMEMBER when Elvis released 'Hound dog', but can't remember what I had for breakfast!!! OHHH , It was LUNCH that I had for breakfast!!!!
It's Christmas morning!! The CEMENT truck will be coming in 6 hours,The forms are in, and the re-bar in place and I can't sleep!!!!
Saturday nite, I parked the loader about 7:30 pm, got off, sat on the wall next to the 'scene' where building number 2 goes, and WentTo Sleep sitting up! It was about an hour later that the 'night time birds song' made me realize that I should try going to bed!! I went to bed at 9 pm tonite, so the night would pass faster, but it only worked till 1:30am,

Jerry

Guess no one cares!!! I.m done boring everyone w the details!!

Jerry
Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 AM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
We care, Jerry.
And pictures are worth a thousand words.
So, by Monday night (I'll try for this weekend) I'll come out and take some pictures.
I'll even bring BEER!
BEER, MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 04-10-2006, 02:38 AM
One teal and One yellow

I care too, Jerry.

You're in oldtown, you're 90 some miles from me...like Tom said, you could be one of my options. Because you have the garages, most importantly you have a lift there! Because I think I myself have broken up with the Red Hill Auto Center...on the 3 repairs, spent like thousands and thousands of dollars, I didn't have any great experiences.(the last worst thing on the last swap was my tranny drain plug WAS hand-loose - dripping tranny fluid......) I don't think I was treated fairly enough on some events and they're not being friendly enough...heck, I just didn't want to give a scene there because I'm drivng a subaru, I'm driving SVXi, I want to represent my color, my race, I'm responsible...I'm trying to be nice even in the not happy situations for those reasons and alot of reasons....heh-heh, don't hijack your stuff...

but, like tom said, the pictures worth millions of words. If I'm free and/or at Tom's place, I would like to visit your place...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-10-2006, 03:21 AM
Bipa

Quote:
I care, too! Just that after reading what you've done, I'm just plumb tucker'd out and need a nap. Hmm....kinda like "sympathetic labour pains"?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
I care too, Jerry.

You're in oldtown, you're 90 some miles from me...like Tom said, you could be one of my options. Because you have the garages, most importantly you have a lift there! Because I think I myself have broken up with the Red Hill Auto Center...on the 3 repairs, spent like thousands and thousands of dollars, I didn't have any great experiences.(the last worst thing on the last swap was my tranny drain plug WAS hand-loose - dripping tranny fluid......) I don't think I was treated fairly enough on some events and they're not being friendly enough...heck, I just didn't want to give a scene there because I'm drivng a subaru, I'm driving SVXi, I want to represent my color, my race, I'm responsible...I'm trying to be nice even in the not happy situations for those reasons and alot of reasons....heh-heh, don't hijack your stuff...

but, like tom said, the pictures worth millions of words. If I'm free and/or at Tom's place, I would like to visit your place...
I will only be doing welding and bodywork, ( that's where my roots are),I did really good bodywork, and some really nice paint for most of my life. I even had a car on the 'DuPont calander once', and a 37 Benz that went through Harrah's auction!!! I gave that up to take a job with 'the man' that paid the bills, and covered all the RX that my wife needed..While all that was happening, I was winning "beater" compititions with the stuff I drove, because all the effort went to where the money was coming from!!
I'll be making my shop (s) available to Tom for all other Subi-related things!! The campfires and camping are 'complimentary', IF the campers bring beer, marshmallos, hotdogs, and occasionally, GOOD STEAKS!!!

We KNOW how to 'respect' a really good cut of meat, and the proper handeling of such items!! Delmonico, NewYork strip, etc are NOT wasted on us!!!

Stop by!!!

Grand opening is set for June 1'ST', unless we can get rid of the deadwood before Memorial weekend!! Then we will party on that weekend, and let the 'formal' opening for the next week!!!

Been spinning our wheels for 10 years, this is the first "spring" worth celebrating!!!!

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-10-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
I care, too! Just that after reading what you've done, I'm just plumb tucker'd out and need a nap. Hmm....kinda like "sympathetic labour pains"?
If you need your beer to be room temp, let me know!! I'll set a case in the 'shade' for anyone that comes to visit from Germany!!

Jerry

Jerry