How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Angry So the nice guy gets screwed

Is it just me or has the SOA Parts Dept. become the worst in the world (yeah, I've heard the horror stories of VW in the 80s). My SVX car cover arrived and I picked it up Friday, only to find that 1. There was no bag and 2. It says Impreza on it. Came packaged from Indiana that way.

It is the 3rd time in about a year that Subaru has sent the wrong freaking part with the right freaking part number on it.

So today I got the call from the Parts Dept at the local dealer to tell me that the SVX cover is no more. It is now on back order just like the grey floor mats. I hope the other two of ya who ordered after I ordered mine enjoy 'em as Subaru f***** me again!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I've had problems over and over again. It appears that all the Alternator plates in SOA's inventory are mislabeled. Every time I order one, I get a little plastic clip that holds the heater hose on.

I have a few plastic bags with the correct part number and the description of "Alternator Plate" with a heater hose clip in it

I gave up.

Good news is if I ever break a few heater hose clips, I'll be all set.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

If you think your local Subaru parts dept is the only ones to screw up, you haven't visited my old Chevy dealership. Back in the early 90s I owned a Lumina. I'm not proud of it, but I needed transportation. There was a problem with the driver side power window, so they fixed it under warranty. I got the car back and found that they had cracked the plastic door panel. So they ordered a replacement. The part came in and it was for a Lumina APV (minivan) door panel. Not even close. So they reordered the part. A passenger side door panel arrived. Wrong side. They placed the order again. Finally got it right. The funny part is that it took over a month and the Lumina assembly plant was about 10 miles down the road. I could have drove over and picked up a new part in about 30 minutes.

Matt
Old 06-15-2004, 04:06 PM

I said nothing about my local parts department but then again I WON'T set foot in Lancaster County Motors. It is too much trouble for them to open up a book to look for a part number if it isn't on the computer. SOA is the ones who are screwing up not the dealership. The box has the SVX number on it, svx cover instructions but an Impreza cover.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:37 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

dude, nice guys always get screwed in the long run... It's just how everything is...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-15-2004, 05:41 PM
red95svx

Sorry to hear that.

The SVX car cover doesn't come with a bag. It's a seperate piece.

Dave
Old 06-15-2004, 09:28 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
My local dealer tried to sell me a whole window regulator assembly for $150 when the sleeve-lock broke. The parts dept guy told me that although subaruparts had the sleeve-lock seperated in the diagram, it was not available as a single part.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Sorry to hear of your troubles benebob.

I'll say this, some parts depts can be a real pain in the rear but others are staffed by honest people who are straight-forward with you. Dave (red95svx) and Adrien (Subypartsgirl) are some of the nicest Subaru parts dept managers I've come into contact with...

Hey I've had my own horror stories, like my local Scoobie Stealership trying to sell my a $10.19 oil filter the other day!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-16-2004, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
Sorry to hear of your troubles benebob.

I'll say this, some parts depts can be a real pain in the rear but others are staffed by honest people who are straight-forward with you. Dave (red95svx) and Adrien (Subypartsgirl) are some of the nicest Subaru parts dept managers I've come into contact with...

Hey I've had my own horror stories, like my local Scoobie Stealership trying to sell my a $10.19 oil filter the other day!

-Chike

It isn't my local parts dept at all. It is SOA that is sending them the wrong stuff.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by red95svx
Sorry to hear that.

The SVX car cover doesn't come with a bag. It's a seperate piece.

Dave
Mine came with the bag.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Green1995SVX

Mine came with a bag too.

I've been getting my parts from Langston Subaru in Pittsburgh recently. Adrien in parts has been fantastic, and even sold me a dog guard for my legacy yesterday for $10! (List is over 30)

Mike
Old 06-16-2004, 03:16 PM
tancred

I waspopular at the mazda dealership, I would come in and buy RX-7 parts like their was no tomorrow, they soon learned my name and model. lol, "I will take everything on your computer screen that falls under that ENGINE section"

Old 06-17-2004, 03:00 PM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Mine came with the bag.

Interesting. My catalog says the bag is seperate and not included with the cover.

Dave
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 PM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
My local dealer tried to sell me a whole window regulator assembly for $150 when the sleeve-lock broke. The parts dept guy told me that although subaruparts had the sleeve-lock seperated in the diagram, it was not available as a single part.

Yeah, that's wrong. It is available seperately, and there are plenty of them around. However, there are some occasions when parts that are listed seperately are sold out temporarily or no longer available. Then you would have to buy the whole assembly.

I had a customer yesterday who needed a rear window motor for his 99 OutBack. It turns out that the original motor is no longer available. The new style motor is a little different and as such will not work with the old style regulator. So in order to make everything work you need to by both the new motor and the new regulator!

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 06-17-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:47 PM

My subaru dealer is awesome. Arlington Auto Mall in Arlington, TX.

They always find my parts at a good price.. get them quickly w/o charging me shipping or weird crap and offer free advice.

Ie: I recently heard that wonderful pop on my drivers window...from my other vehichle experiences I called for a new regulator and they told me not to buy it and buy the sleeve lock regulator instead. saying it was a 99% chance that it was it that faild and the regulator is fine.

They also give me a call when a part arrives and are always professional and curteous. I hate dealing w/ any dealer but them and it prolly shows. They have many SoA awards for their parts department on display at the counter. Guess I am lucky to have them in the metroplex.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: