Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 PM

Re: Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillms View Post
paid my last visit to the car today took lots of pics will post them... shes gone to insurance adjuster land tomorrow
I have posted on the site before the importance of always driving with the headlights on.

I have been wondering if you were driving with your headlights on?? Odds are that you were not.

I encourage everyone to do that simple thing. It certainly increases the odds that some nit-wit will notice that there is another vehicle in town!

We have a car that is lower than the average but headlights will show up real good. The HID lights take hardly any amps to keep on.

Everyone... Please... drive lighted and live!

Keith
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
I have posted on the site before the importance of always driving with the headlights on.

I have been wondering if you were driving with your headlights on?? Odds are that you were not.

I encourage everyone to do that simple thing. It certainly increases the odds that some nit-wit will notice that there is another vehicle in town!

We have a car that is lower than the average but headlights will show up real good. The HID lights take hardly any amps to keep on.

Keith
I'm not so sure about that. I drive all the time with the lights up, since Beirut, and it seems like other drivers gravitate to me more than not. Sorta like Deer in the headlights.

This is true for all the cars I have driven with lights up for many years.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
There is a nice 5spd for sale in CO
Bad timing. I think the humor can wait, don't you?
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I drive all the time with the lights up, since Beirut, and it seems like other drivers gravitate to me more than not. Sorta like Deer in the headlights.

This is true for all the cars I have driven with lights up for many years.
That is certainly a new perspective!

If that is the case, why do you keep driving with the "lights up"

Keith

To each his own...
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM

Guess I should have been more clear... I was referring to daytime driving.

Keith
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Guess I should have been more clear... I was referring to daytime driving.

Keith
No, I got that.

No offense taken, it just seems odd that, when I go out of my way to make sure people see me, they seem to head right for me, or still do stupid stuff thats close enough to get run through anyway.

I still think everyone should run with headlights on all the time anyway.

I started back in the 70's in an effort to increase my survival odds while driving during daylight.
When the barracks at Beirut was bombed in '83, the suggestion was openly made for people to do it out of respect, and that became as important to me since then.

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles

Last edited by ShiuludeSVX; 08-26-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX

VERY glad to hear that you both are ok after that. Such damage to such a sweet car. Always amazes me how sturdy our cars are in such a situation. Hope you find a suitable replacement.

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
No, I got that.

No offense taken, it just seems odd that, when I go out of my way to make sure people see me, they seem to head right for me, or still do stupid stuff thats close enough to get run through anyway.

I still think everyone should run with headlights on all the time anyway.

I started back in the 70's in an effort to increase my survival odds while driving during daylight.
When the barracks at Beirut was bombed in '83, the suggestion was openly made for people to do it out of respect, and that became as important to me since then.

Keith
Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Bad timing. I think the humor can wait, don't you?
I wasnt trying to be funny. Was just pointing out another svx. Since he stated he going to be looking for another one. Him and his gf are luck to be okay after accident.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 08-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
I wasnt trying to be funny. Was just pointing out another svx. Since he stated he going to be looking for another one. Him and his gf are luck to be okay after accident.
Cool.

A replacement would be a great idea.
Sadly, the one I was using for parts pulls finally got crushed {even though they knew I was still coming by for more}. Oh well.

I hope you find a replacement soon, and keep another from becoming soda cans, or frying pans.

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM

Hi,
Well thank God you are okay, I hope your girl will recover quickly.
peace
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX

Quote:

Keith

I have to agree with Keith here regarding staying lit at all times. After re-living the accident that took my '93 to the salvage yard a thousand times, at least, it's the only thing I could come up with that might have made a difference. The other driver said she "didn't see me" and turned directly in front of me, approaching at 45-50mph. We stay "lit" at all times now. I can also speak personally again to the safety virtues of the SVX, after walking away from said collision with only minor injuries. I'm glad you and your GF survived as well!!!

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket