How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to AnthraXFan Send a message via Yahoo to AnthraXFan
Power windows not working

Ugg... having some problems with my SVX. I have a 1996, SVX L series. I've read about the problems with most people having the power seat and sunroof not working as well, but I don't have those two options even in the car. I've checked the fuse under the hood (i believe it was SBD-1), and checked the one under the dash (fuse #15) and both tested fine.
The car is currently at Subaru in Grand Rapids, MI.. I figured it might be a problem with the relay, and well, it might be. After using two hours of work so far ($180 labor), they think there's at least a problem with the relay. They said that the contacts are corroded, and they cleaned that up. One of the workers there has an SVX as well.. they took out my relay, put it in his car, windows don't work. Put his relay in mine, windows still don't work in mine. Put his relay back in his car, all good to go...leads them to believe something else is broken as well. They think they'll need to order a new relay today, not in stock... Does anyone have suggestions? I gave them authorization for another 2 hours, and they'll let me keep the loaner for another day. Possible problems in the door panel? I dunno..any help would be great.
Oh, and yes, I checked the "power window lock" and that's not engaged

Go to my Site!

http://www.railroadfan.com
Old 03-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
what do they have a buch of cave men working there? it takes them 2 hours to test a relay??? all they would need to do it run a jumper wire where the relay is and keep testing to figure out where power is being inturupted at.... if they think it is a wiring issue, or just test the motor its self first to find out if the motor is even working
need work done? Have tools will travel