Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Certified Porschephile

Wars happens, borders change, that's part of life. Alsace and Lorraine have gone from German to french so many times, they really don't care what flag flys over the post office anymore.
Since the economy and job outlook in Mexico is so much better, move back. Oh, that's why you came here in the first place? So follow the rules.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
While spending the day on my knees...yesterday, I was thinking...not just that I was almost done with the floor, but also about this.

When I first heard of the protesters I thought the legals were nutcases, they thought that they were being targeted! I thought that they missed the word "illegal"...but now I realize that the media just says it real quiet in hopes that no one will hear it...

Wrong...

The legals are being targeted, they are the ones harboring illegals, they don't want to be arrested for helping their illegal friends what we need is an ellis island terminal, want to come here and work? you can! Set up stations allong the border, come in, sit down, pays your money, get your green card, and go to work! Cheaper than a cayotie (sp?)
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to TheRightWingSVX
Question I agree with Electro...HUH?

[QUOTE=Whichever side Bush is on.... I'll take the other side. /QUOTE]

I have to agree with you Electro Bush is on the wrong side of this!
I know it is hard to believe but it is true. Can you imagine what would happen if they gave 11-20 million people citizeship,(aka VOTING rights) or a fastrack to citizenship, and these people have no loyalty to the USA but rather to MEXICO. That would have a profound impact on our country. I like what Representative Mike Pence (IN) had to say about this. This is from his website:

PENCE SAYS “A NATION WITHOUT BORDERS IS NOT A NATION”
Congressman Lauds Passage of Border Security Bill

Pence addresses the press

Washington, Mar 27 - Congressman Mike Pence delivered the following remarks on the House floor prior to the passage of the Border Protection, Antiterrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act in December:

"As the grandson of an Irish immigrant, I believe in the ideals that are enshrined on the Statue of Liberty in New York City Harbor. America has always and will always be a welcoming nation, welcoming under the law any and all with courage enough to come to this shining ‘City on a Hill.’

"But a nation without borders is not a nation.

"Across this country Americans are anxious about the security of our border. Night after night they see news images of people sneaking across the border in the dark of night. They hear tales of people paying thousands of dollars to so-called ‘coyotes’ to smuggle them into the country. They worry that drugs will make their way into the hands of their children more readily, and they rightly fear that our porous borders make it more likely that terrorists will cross with deadly intentions against our families.

"This year alone some 115,000 illegal aliens from countries other than Mexico have been apprehended by our border patrol, and simply, as an ordinary American, I share this concern. That’s why I support the legislation before us today.

"Estimates vary, but it is generally accepted that around 11 million illegal aliens are living in our nation today. The great majority of these people entered America by making an illegal border crossing. We cannot allow this trend to continue.

"In today’s legislation, the Department of Homeland Security is required to develop and submit to Congress a comprehensive strategy for securing the border, including surveillance plans, a timeline for implementation, 1,000 additional points of entry inspection personnel, and 1,500 additional canine units and beyond.

"Also, importantly, this legislation takes a giant step towards ending the current practice of what is known as ‘catch and release’ that plagues the border by requiring mandatory detention of illegal border-crossers until an immigration removal hearing can be held. As part of a well-developed strategy, the bill mandates that Homeland Security use every available detention bed and authorizes new detention space.

"Finally, this bill addresses the need to enforce our employment laws by instituting an employer verification system whereby employers will be required to submit information to the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration for verification. Providing this verification system will ensure that only Americans and legal visitors to the United States of America are living and working in our nation.

"We have before us today an important first step in securing America’s borders and stopping the flow of illegal immigrants into our nation."

SmallCar Shift Kit
K&N
Iridium Spark Plugs
All Mobil 1 synthetic oils
Almost 160,000 miles and never ran better!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:01 PM

This issue is a curious political conundrum. Conservatives want tighter control of U.S. borders, yet conservative businessmen yammer about how immigrants will do work Americans allegedly won't do (read: Don't take away our cheap, off-the-books labor pool). Liberals tend to support extending the American brand of liberty to all comers yet have a problem reconciling that ideal with lost American jobs and eroding wages. Interesting to hear the talking-points from across the spectrum.

dcb
Old 04-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

[QUOTE=TheRightWingSVX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichever side Bush is on.... I'll take the other side. :D/QUOTE

I have to agree with you Electro Bush is on the wrong side of this!
It cost me 20 dollars to get this guy to agree with me.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Bipa

[QUOTE=Electrophil]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWingSVX

It cost me 20 dollars to get this guy to agree with me.
aaahhhh.....so that's the secret....
Old 04-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Did any of you watch the 100,000 illegal Mexicans and others storm Chicago, Illinois March 10, 2006? How many Mexican insurgents stand on American soil? At last count, in excess of 9,000,000 illegal Mexicans! It’s the largest invasion force without firing a shot EVER on American soil.
"MY WARNING REGARDING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION"
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin290.htm
By Pastor Chuck Baldwin

"We Have Got to Eliminate the Gringo"
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd180.htm
by Devvy Kidd

Not on My Watch
http://www.newswithviews.com/Daubenmire/dave18.htm
by Coach Dave Daubenmire

Invasion by Invitation
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty140.htm
by Frosty Wooldridge

Merging the U.S., Mexico & Canada
http://www.newswithviews.com/Mason/rusty2.htm
by Rusty Mason

I guess I'll never understand why this is even an issue. You want to work here, you get a green card, you pay taxes into social programs. Public Libraries, public streets, and public parks aren't cheap to maintain. You want to vote, learn the national language and follow the guidlines to become a citizen. It's really that simple.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-04-2006, 02:25 PM

It shouldn't be an issue at all. But we keep granting "amnesty" and starting all over every few years.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:40 PM

i have to aggree! Reagan signed the 80's legislation to grant millions of illegals amnesty. And he said at the end of his Presidency that it was the greatest mistake of his Presidency! When will we learn from our history?
SmallCar Shift Kit
K&N
Iridium Spark Plugs
Old 04-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
When will we learn from our history?
Um... Never?
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I guess I'll never understand why this is even an issue. You want to work here, you get a green card, you pay taxes into social programs. Public Libraries, public streets, and public parks aren't cheap to maintain. You want to vote, learn the national language and follow the guidlines to become a citizen. It's really that simple.

Doug
Umm....since when does the US have a national language?

The last time someone tried to make English ... err... sorry... American the official language, the bill didn't pass.

(Of course, I might have missed some new bill that managed to squeeze through lately, so do please correct me if I'm wrong! )

Last I heard, some group was trying to make the US officially bilingual, with English and ... you guessed it! ... Spanish.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:10 PM

There actually is legislation that is currently being debated that will make english our national language and from what I understand i actualy has quite a bit of support.
SmallCar Shift Kit
K&N
Iridium Spark Plugs
Old 04-04-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
There actually is legislation that is currently being debated that will make english our national language and from what I understand i actualy has quite a bit of support.
I support it 100%. English is our language. Any other languages should be saved for the opera.

Even on a business standpoint.... English is the most known language in the world. Why would we give that up?

Old 04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Certified Porschephile

It's funny, when the Irish, Italians, Germans, french, Russians, Czechs, etc... came to the US they all learned English to survive. Now we have the influx of Mexican (who generally work) and Puerto Ricans (who generally don't) who refuse to learn the language and demand bilingualism. even the damn box of Goldfish we bought the other day is in both. Catering to the lazy and arrogant will be this nation's downfall. I actually agree with "Furious" president Bob on this one!

Also English is the International language of commercial aviation. No matter what plane you fly on in the world, the pilot and tower speak English.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Bipa

Isn't the English language wonderful?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: