Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
92 ebony LS-L w/81k miles and fresh service

Location of the SVX: Erie, PA

Year:1992

Model:LS-L

VIN:I'll get back to this

Manufacture date:Later

Paint Color: Ebony

Interior Color: Dark Grey

Miles:81k

Options: The usual

AWD or FWD: AWD of course since it's a 92

Modifications: None other than a transmission cooler installed

Major service: I will be completely going through this car before it is sold. Spark plugs, All oil seals and gaskets, all fresh vacuum lines, iris valve, PCV valve, knock sensors and anything else under the intake manifold will be replaced. Fresh timing belt including all idlers, OEM water pump and thermostat will be installed. I will also replace all Rubber Coolant hoses, power steering and transmission hose (see service as high pressure power steering hose is newer) If I do not receive a deposit on this before I do a transmission, it will get a stock geared rebuild with 10k miles on it

If someone is wanting either a 5 or 6 spd swap, or a 4.44 swap, I will do so following a NON-REFUNDABLE $1000 deposit for a 4.44 swap, $2000 Deposit for a 5 spd swap or $4000 deposit for a 6 spd swap

Before My purchase, the following has been done (most recent to past)
Front Brakes Replaced(pads and rotors), both belts replaced-76,915
Left Wheel Bearing AND housing replaced-76,848
Kumho Tires -74,921
High Pressure Power Steering Hose, Transmission Speed Sensor Replaced~72,000
Left Rear Wheel bearing replaced-71,020
NEW Harmonic Balancer/Crank Pulley-67,137
Front Axles changed, Valve cover gaskets-53,429
Cooling system flushed, Transmission Fluid Change, Rear Diff Fluid change, Brake fluid flush/bleed-53,417

Engine Condition:Excellent, Will have all fresh seals. It has been serviced with Synthetic oil since at least 1999 as the previous owner was very particular, supplying his own oil and filters to his service shops.

Maintenance Records: Extensive. There is more than just what I have listed above including many receipts for oil changes, other inspections and checkovers. Along with the Original Window sticker, original Bill of Sale and original Odometer disclosure from the original purchase

Transmission condition: Current transmission began slipping in 2nd gear about 2000 miles ago. I will be replacing with a 10k mile rebuilt transmission or see major service section or read below for possible 4.44 or m/t swap

Glass condition: Excellent condition, minimal streaking on windows which I will see about getting polished out

Type of tire and remaining tread: Kumho Solus 215/55/16 (previous owner ended up going with stock 97 size for one reason or another) with 85% tread remaining (Installed at 74,921)

Type of wheels:stock, dark silver 92 style wheels in excellent condition

Interior condition:9-9.5/10. The original owner was a psychiatrist and had the car garaged at home as well as garaged at his office. He was also a man small in stature so the bolsters and cushioning in the seat is in excellent condition

Body condition:8.5-9/10- Does have some scuffs on the bumpers from being a city car. NO RUST and I will be having the entire body buffed and a fresh coat of wax

Known defects or problems: There will be none following the service completion (Only the transmission at the moment anyway)

Comments about the car: This will be one of the best serviced SVX around. The original owner was a Washington DC psychiatrist who took meticulous care of this car until he assumed the transmission had died. I was able to change the fluid and filter and get a bit of life out of it for last summer. Upon agreeing to purchase the Turbo SVX formerly owned by Phil Gantz aka Phastsvx, I realized that I will not be able to take care of and enjoy this car as it deserves to be and thus, me selling it. I will be going through and doing every bit of maintenance so that it should essentially be, a trouble free SVX for many years and miles.

Asking price: $7500 OBO with stock trans, $7500 Firm if you prefer a 4.44 trans($1000 non-ref deposit required), $8500 Firm if you prefer a 5 spd swap using a 2007 WRX transmission rebuilt 50k miles ago ($2000 deposit required), and $10,500 if you prefer an STI 6 spd swap. ($4000 deposit required)
If you don't like the price, save your comments as are the rules. This will have every bit of maintenance up to date and is well worth the money. Even with 2nd gear slipping, I still drove it on long trips and was always a joy to drive. I am sure that I will miss this car and truly hope someone will take very good care of it.
Contact me here, my email which is nategustafson13 at gmail dot com (hopefully that keeps the damn bots away) or else you may text me at (814)six 5 one- 1 five nine 1 for any questions/comments/etc.

This is the only picture I have at the moment.(crappy cell phone pic) Upon the full detail, buff and wax, I will be having many more pictures taken. Also, I will be putting a fresh coat of paint on the center caps to color match the wheels.

Last edited by 1986nate; 03-21-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:09 AM

Registered SVX
Re: 92 ebony LS-L w/81k miles and fresh service

That is a beautiful car... Good luck with the sale
Old 03-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

I hope you get your asking price. SVX buyers need to learn that you get what you pay for.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 03-22-2014, 03:57 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I hope you get your asking price. SVX buyers need to learn that you get what you pay for.
Gene
Thanks Gene. I've had a few people with high interest but unable to come up with any cash as of yet. The getting what you pay for is a definite true statement. I've had plenty of people mention that they've spent well over the asking price of this with a 6 spd on their own SVX in just a short year or two. Things add up quickly, even if doing the work yourself as there can be so much that you don't know what you're getting into.
I am considering personally mechanically warranting the car for possibly 3 months at the asking price but am sort of sitting on the fence of that one for various reasons....
Old 03-22-2014, 06:01 PM

Registered SVX

Get what you pay for. Seen so many get a great deal on an SVX for $2,000 and then spend $3,000 and a lot of trouble keeping it running. I spent good money on mine and glad I did. I have a good dependable car for 4 years so far. Some one buys that from you they are getting a car they can drive for years. U pays your money now or later. MHO
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 AM

Registered SVX

Pics can be found here
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 PM

Registered SVX

bumpety bump... Over the next couple weeks I will be completing the maintenance and transmission. I am negotiable on the price and may "warranty" the car under the right circumstances.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

D.C.?? How this one slip past me?

Beautiful car!

GLWTS, Nate!

Cheers,
Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
D.C.?? How this one slip past me?

Beautiful car!

GLWTS, Nate!

Cheers,
Bill
Bill, it was complete accident/chance/luck that I came across it just minutes after being posted on the forum a few years back. Great deal and even better was the 3 hour chat with the original owners and all of their stories and love for the car.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:13 PM

Registered SVX

Sale Pending
Old 05-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Sale Pending
Congratulations hope it goes to a good home.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007