SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 10:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Stupidity Reigns Supreme

I have such a jerk. Coming back from the supermaket early this morning, I srewed up royally. I was in my '92 Pearly playing with the radio buttons as I was leaving the supermarket parking lot. I was not looking where I was going. I hit the curb scraped the right from rim slightly and shredded the sidewall of the right front Yoko AVS dB tire. I finally got the car jacked up, The Yoko off, and the doughnut on. Of course there was only 35 psi in the douchnut. I limped 1/4 mile to a gas station and inflated the doughnut up to 60 psi and drove home. I quickly put all the frozen food in the freezer.
Luckily, I still had one of my old Toyo Proxes T1-S tires mounted on a spare right side '97 rim. I mounted the Toyo on the '97 rim on the '92. I like the lighter color of the '97 rim better than the darker '92 rims on the Pearly.
Both the Toyo & Yokos are used and the outside diameters of the tires are almost identical +/- 1/16" .
I will keep the Toyo on the '92 untill all 4 tires wear out,. than I will get 4 new Yoko AVS dB tires. I did notice that the Toyo tire is a lot nosier than the the Yokos.

Larry III
PS: My Sicilian grandfather used to call me "STUPIDO" (pronounced STEW-BEE-DOUGH) when I was a kid. I guess he was right..
Old 05-26-2002, 11:24 AM
punisher

Yeah man, you really need to pay attention when you're operating a 3500 lb machine. It actually really annoys me when I hear about people getting into accidents because they were messing with the radio or on the cell phone or some bull**** like that. Be thankful it was only a friggin tire. Learn from the mistake and move on. When the car is moving, keep your damn eyes on the road at all times.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:25 AM
alacrity024

we all make mistakes, larry.. it just so happens that sometimes they cost us a few dollars. while i'll be the first to admit that taking your eyes off the road is stupid, dangerous and potentially very costly, i will also be the first to admit my hypocrisy--there are too many neat gadgets & gizmos inside the SVX. i think that if i had a turbocharged car with one of those nifty little apex'i boost computers, i'd be dead in no time.

now that you need new tires, go for AVS Sports

-adam
Old 05-26-2002, 06:02 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Larry,
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I know how you feel. I've made stupid mistakes, and will probably make a few more. I also like the lighter wheels (I have 94's on mine -- not stock )

Punisher,
We can all appreciate your opinion, BUT, we would ask that you be a little less abrasive in your expression of it. The language you've used is totally unnecessary and the brash attitude is unappreciated (your post was reported to me). Please take a few moments to rephrase your post, using the edit button, and please refrain from such abrasive posts in the future. Once the post is rephrased, I will delete my post. If it is not rephrased, I will remove it and my post.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-26-2002, 06:57 PM

Registered SVX
Randy,

I did not find punisher's post offensive and he directed it at me. Of course I may be reading the "cleaned-up" version of it.
I did something really stupid and, in my mind, should be chastised for it.

Larry III
Old 05-26-2002, 07:57 PM
greg

Attitude Adjustments!

Aredubjay,
I understand that you, as well as others do not like the tone that punisher took in his post, but I have made a post and you have had an equally demeaning tone to a response. You know that I am not a moderator but at the same time I did not appreciate your tone: in a post concerning the '03 SVX, I mentioned the XT6, the original 6 cyl. sportster and you were rude in replying: "duh, this is the SVX network"... or something like that... Well if there is no room for talk of other natures I highly recomend that your moderations take place in private or you include talk of the SvX while moderating since this is the "SVX network"
Or an appology to me would be appreciated, that really hurt my feelings! I think everyone should be able to post opinions!
Sorry if I have been out of line but I think if attitude adjustment is in line for one... it should be in line for all!

-G
Old 05-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Boone

SVX'in,
Read your post and Aredub's quip again. As I remembered, there is nothing rude or ill tempered about it. Even a grinny. I can't see how you could feel badly about it. $.02 B.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=2

Larry,
Consider yourself chastised. At least you didn't damage the rim too much. B. (checking my donut pressure)

Last edited by Boone; 05-26-2002 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:14 AM

Registered SVX
Boone,

Is your doughnut filled with jelly, spicy apples, or Boston cream?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Larry III
Old 05-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Boone

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Is your doughnut filled with jelly, spicy apples, or Boston cream
Hmmm... Doughnuts.

http://www.elliskaiser.com/doughnuts/philosophy.html

I'm partial to both spicy apple and Boston cream. Mebbe the Boston cream should go in the tranny.

In honor of the day my donut is getting filled with 60 psi of the pure clean air of this free country, brought to us by those who have served and sacrificed.

http://eserver.org/history/gettysburg-address.txt

B.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Attitude Adjustments!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX'in
Aredubjay,
I understand that you, as well as others do not like the tone that punisher took in his post, but I have made a post and you have had an equally demeaning tone to a response. You know that I am not a moderator but at the same time I did not appreciate your tone: in a post concerning the '03 SVX, I mentioned the XT6, the original 6 cyl. sportster and you were rude in replying: "duh, this is the SVX network"... or something like that... Well if there is no room for talk of other natures I highly recomend that your moderations take place in private or you include talk of the SvX while moderating since this is the "SVX network"
Or an appology to me would be appreciated, that really hurt my feelings! I think everyone should be able to post opinions!
Sorry if I have been out of line but I think if attitude adjustment is in line for one... it should be in line for all!

-G
G,
If you feel an apology is in order, I offer it. My aplogies. My reply, as Boone pointed out, was not intended as a slam. You asked the question, "why is the SVX such the emphasis here" or, something to that effect, and I made, what I thought, was a humoruous reply, in pointing out : "Um . . . possibly because this the 'SVX World Network' ". Again, my apologies, I did not mean to hurt your feelings.

Even so, I did not use language such as punisher's to make my point. It's his language that was in question, not his opinion. It was unnecessary and not acceptible. My attention was brought to the post by another member, so, It is not my offense that "reigns supreme" but, response to the members requests.

Larry, you may not have found the post offensive, but others did, and reported the post. You SHOULD be chastised, but, there's no need for that kind of language, nor attidude.
Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by Aredubjay; 05-27-2002 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:10 AM

Registered SVX
Randy,

There are only 2 words in Punisher's post that may be considered offensive. One is b*llsh*t and the other is friggin.
I do not think these of these words as offensive, especially in today's culture.
Hide a tape recorder on top of the lockers in any high school. Then listen to the language that American youth speaks. I think you are in for a shock.

As I reviously said, I may only be seeing the edited version of punisher's post; not the original .

Larry III
Old 05-28-2002, 08:34 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Randy,

There are only 2 words in Punisher's post that may be considered offensive. One is b*llsh*t and the other is friggin.
I do not think these of these words as offensive, especially in today's culture.
Hide a tape recorder on top of the lockers in any high school. Then listen to the language that American youth speaks. I think you are in for a shock.

As I reviously said, I may only be seeing the edited version of punisher's post; not the original .

Larry III
Again, Larry, I was responding to other's offense. I'm not surprised by the language, I have heard, and hear worse, every day. It is inapropriate. Pure and simple.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-28-2002, 09:57 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert

Larry III [/B][/QUOTE]

Larry, if we recorded ANY "yout' speak" from any recent age, ours included, I doubt that it'd be suitable fare for viewing on a public forum. Granted, while the words themselves weren't invented by the present generation, the tendancy to scatter them about like confetti in front of anybody, anytime, is just one more reflection of the "in yer face" attitude that seems to prevail today. Once upon a time the "F'" word had significant meaning, & was reserved for very special, uh...occasions. Now it seems to be just an adjective to be inserted when the speaker has the lack of mental capacity to conger up any reply beyond "Whatever".
Pardon the rant of an old fart (did I say fart?) I meant to say f**t.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:46 AM

Registered SVX
Ron,,

'friggin' is slang for freaking.
Doesn't your 'Box-O-Funk & Wagnalls' define the terms ?
Also, the corporate world is full-o-BS, as anyone who is a 'Wordsmith' knows.

Larry III (aka: Stupido)
PS: I have come to realize that the corporate flaks from SIA and SOA are also full of IT.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:

Doesn't your 'Box-O-Funk & Wagnalls' define the terms ?

LMAO!

-Mike

PS - I'm a kid that trys to keep my language in check. There's just no reason to say that stuff, and it makes you sound uneducated.