Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
<<Can I break into your SVX?>>

Not any more I reprogrammed it Friday.

Doug
I'm glad that you reprogrammed it. On the morning we were leaving the Holiday Inn (Morgantown), Brian and I were walking across the parking lot and when he pushed the remote to unlock you car it also unlocked mine
We were not able to repeat it
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 05-29-2002, 10:09 AM
SVXCH

120'000 miles

Hi folks

I have on mine 192'000 km = 120'000 miles.

The Subaru dealer , where I give my SVX for maintenance, has also clients with more then 250'000 miles.

Subaru is Subaru

Greetings from Switzerland

Kusi
Old 05-29-2002, 01:12 PM
LearJeff

Wink

It's nice to hear about all the high mileages on SVX's. I just hit a milestone, too. My odo just clicked over 650 miles this morning! And my tranny is still holding up!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LearJeff
It's nice to hear about all the high mileages on SVX's. I just hit a milestone, too. My odo just clicked over 650 miles this morning! And my tranny is still holding up!!!

Thank's Jeff. That means there *is* hope for us low mileage guys.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-30-2002, 10:42 PM

Re: 200,000 miles!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vern!
Hit 200,000 miles on the odometer today, at around 2:30PST. I can finally say my engine is broken in.
Congrats.
Forgive me for asking, but I just have to. Is your engine still quiet?
Dave

Last edited by DavieGravy; 05-30-2002 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Ok, now you got me curious. In what way?

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by Vern!
- 2 radio antenna masts (Trying to impress someone and ended up breaking it. Twice. In exactly the same way.)
Old 05-31-2002, 07:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
FYI: I think the OEM remote either does some sort of code hopping or something else different. One night way back when I first bought the car, a friend who worked at a car security shop was showing off the code grabber his shop got and I was curious to see how it worked so he tried it on the SVX. He turned it on, I locked and unlocked the SVX and the unit said that it had successfully grabbed the code, then he tried to send it and the SVX just sat there...quietly. He thought that it didn't grab the code right and we repeated the procedure a couple more times with the same results. Then he thought that it might have been broken and tried it on his own alarm and it worked the first time! I had also noticed that if I pressed the remote button a few times while out of range, it would usually take several presses of the button to disarm once I got back in range. The Alpine code hopping alarm I replaced it with behaves in the exact same way. Apparently, it has to do with the alarm needing more codes in the sequence to resync to the remote.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by montypython
I'm glad that you reprogrammed it. On the morning we were leaving the Holiday Inn (Morgantown), Brian and I were walking across the parking lot and when he pushed the remote to unlock you car it also unlocked mine
We were not able to repeat it
Old 05-31-2002, 01:36 PM
Vern!

Re: Re: 200,000 miles!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

Congrats.
Dave
Depends on how long it has been running. On a warm day after it has had a good 20 or so minutes to heat up (sometimes I can hear the 24 hydraulic valves clicking away until the oil warms) the engine is pretty quiet at idle. Not electric car silent like it was when the car was new, but it does not sound like there is anything wrong either.

Keep in mind that I have an aftermarket exhaust. At idle you don't really notice that it is running until I shut it off, the frequency of the exhaust noise is low and quiet enough that it does not intrude on conversation in normal tones. At 4500RPM I am usually too busy driving to notice that I have a hard time hearing what my passengers are saying.

Other details I left out:
I bought the car brand new in October 1997; The 201,650 miles on the odometer and the buttprint in the driver seat are all mine.

I have made it a point to (almost) always let the engine warm up before getting on the throttle. I try to make sure the engine and exhaust are fully warmed up before shutting it off if after "short" trip (no starting the car for only 5 minutes and then shutting it off cold).

Except for break-in, nothing but synthetic oil. Mobil-1 up to about 105K(?) miles and nothing but redline sisnce then.

Up until about 5 months ago I used the car for wangan and touge style racing on at least a weekly basis (270 miles in under 3 hours and mountain roads posted for 40mph at 90mph) I rode her hard, but never put her away wet.

I have all my maint. records and no plan to sell my SVX.

Eventually I will have to get a second "beater" car to drive as I expect the engine rebuild and 5-speed transmisison swap to take a few weeks to complete.

Last edited by Vern!; 05-31-2002 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:41 PM
SVXCH

Re: 200,000 miles!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

Congrats.
Dave
Short answer:

YES !

Greetings

Kusi