How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 11:52 PM

Subaru Svx Exsust System

hi all i wana know what the best Exsust System for subaru svx and with good praice i would like to know what do everyone recommends
Old 02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
#073 of 301

I, and many others, have opted for the stebro cat back system at www.stebro.net. You can always get items from Dayle at www.planetsvx.com, then have a local shop bend up some pipe too.

Edit: Also, this topic has been covered 100s of times over. Check out the Search button at the top.
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Nice that I finally convinced you to post on this forum Shabib. Your best choice is the Stebro.
BTW, here are Shabib's SVX pics http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...verSpear|33968

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dza
I, and many others, have opted for the stebro cat back system at www.stebro.net. You can always get items from Dayle at www.planetsvx.com, then have a local shop bend up some pipe too.

Edit: Also, this topic has been covered 100s of times over. Check out the Search button at the top.
he is still new to these forum scripts, just give him some time and he will feel like home...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
exsust

Sorry, had to.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
exsust

Sorry, had to.
haha, I want to see you write some Arabic, Brian

Old 02-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Now, I know there was a story behind Shabib...but I cant seem to remember it. Anyhow, as far as exhaust systems goes, I know a few members here are using a custom Magnaflow system. Its probly the best for the money that youll spend. the stebro system is expensive.
Id be curious to see some dyno tests to see which exhaust system works best between the stebro cat back, the full magnaflow, or the stock exhaust. but thats just me, I want numbers more than a testimony
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Now, I know there was a story behind Shabib...but I cant seem to remember it.
Thanks to Hocrest, I was able to contact Shabib. He pointed anther forum where Shabib posted and it was showing his msn...

Old 02-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Nice that I finally convinced you to post on this forum Shabib. Your best choice is the Stebro.
BTW, here are Shabib's SVX pics http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...verSpear|33968
Nice looking SVX.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 02-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
The problem with the Magnaflow kit from Dayle is that it has a single inlet single outlet cat. You want a double inlet cat, which is the OEM configuration. It is just inherently a lower pressure drop configuration according to several folks with whom I've discussed this. Also, if you search the web, you can find really low prices on the Magnaflow resonators, mufflers and cats. Following are the model numbers for the resonators and muffler. I don't know the model number for the two into one cat. (these are stainless steel model numbers)

Magnaflow 14416 Resonator 2-1/2 in. inlet/outlet
Magnaflow 14266 Camaro style muffler One-into-two; 2-1/2 in. inlet; Two by 2-1/4" outlets.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 02-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Cheap Shot!!!

"exsust
Sorry, had to.

Very cheap shot and without any consideration for the target. I see Americans on here everyday that spell as bad and use terrible grammar. Like SilverSpear said--how much of ANY other language do you speak--let alone, Arabic?

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
the easiest system is starting to look like a dual inlet/single outlet Magnaflow cat dumping into a single input/dual outlet Magnaflow muffler (the one they sell for Camaros) and just get rid of the resonator between the two. The only "creature comfort" issue that has been coming up is when you cut out the primary cats. Once they're gone, there is a resonance that shows up between 2700 and 3200 rpms.
-Bill
p.s. go with 2.5 inch inlet/outlet on the cat and muffler

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-24-2006, 09:15 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
... Once they're gone, there is a resonance that shows up between 2700 and 3200 rpms.
The resonance depends on where the y-pipe or 2-into-1 cat is placed. The further back its placed, the lower the rpm where the resonance would occur. I get a slight resonance between 2400 rpm and 2700 rpm.

I think that the resonance can be removed pretty easily too. If the primary pipes between the header and the 2-into-1 cat (or y-pipe) are different length, then that will stop the resonance. I think that a 4" difference should do it. A slightly different routing of the two pipes should be able to produce that difference.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade

Magnaflow 14416 Resonator 2-1/2 in. inlet/outlet
Magnaflow 14266 Camaro style muffler One-into-two; 2-1/2 in. inlet; Two by 2-1/4" outlets.
And the cat to get would be the Magnaflow 94007 (dual 2" inlet, single 2.5" outlet).

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:44 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
the easiest system is starting to look like a dual inlet/single outlet Magnaflow cat dumping into a single input/dual outlet Magnaflow muffler (the one they sell for Camaros) and just get rid of the resonator between the two. The only "creature comfort" issue that has been coming up is when you cut out the primary cats. Once they're gone, there is a resonance that shows up between 2700 and 3200 rpms.
-Bill
p.s. go with 2.5 inch inlet/outlet on the cat and muffler
I have that resonation with my magnaflow system that Subafreak put on. Kinda buzzy sometimes from inside the car but it sounds good when it passes you.