IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 11:30 PM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
instrument panel frustrations

First let me bang my head on the wall.............I successfully removed my instrument panel to check my bad light bulbs.
Problem is, I can't seem to get the thing to line up with the three connectors on the back of the panel. Stupid me....got frustrated, forced part of it in place and broke the two top tabs on the front of the panel!!......#1) Does anyone want to sell another panel to me?........#2) What's the easiest way to put it back in?........

Let me guess and say I should have left it connected and not pulled it out all the way..........but I followed someones instructions and they took it out completely.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:55 PM
It's just a phase

Registered SVX
Okay.....actually I answered my own question.....the key is to make sure all three connectors that hold the wires are straight...I had one that was slightly loose and crooked, so none lined up..........thankfully I fixed it today!...........

although........anyone know why my ABS light stays on?.....I think previously the bulb was burned out.....and I switched some bulbs.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:12 AM
calmone

you may have a bad abs sensor. they are on each wheel, internal, and can be a bit of a bear to get to and test. if the sensor is busted, the abs light will go on and the abs will not engage.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The ABS computer is under the passenger seat. See http://svx-iw.com/ (click on codes) for information as to why the light is on.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:25 PM
It's just a phase

Registered SVX
The one thing I definately need to do is get new rotors and pads on the rear........Dealership said I have 15% left....they were going to charge me 500+!!!!.........I'll do it myself to save some money........but I want to say the abs is on for that reason......I'll check under the passenger seat though................Thanks!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The ABS doesn't care how much brakes you have left. There's another sensor for that.