IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
I just want an ED-209 that assembles itself from the trunk when you press the arm button on the remote.
That would rule!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
mark10t

two words-

TRUNK MONKEY!!

-Mark
Old 04-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Donate to the mod fund

Send a message via AIM to BigBlueSVX
Quote:
two words- trunk monkey
you beat me to it!
Old 04-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by mark10t
two words-

TRUNK MONKEY!!

-Mark
Yeah, I love that trunk monkey ad where rob, i mean the monkey was sitting in the back and reading a magazine. Some guy walks up and breaks the window to steal the car. The monkey knocks the dude out and proceeds to get 'rid' of they body by throwing the thief over the bridge. one of funniest thing i've ever seen.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver

I've had to do the same thing (stare at them till they make their move) a couple times. It's funny watching them wait 3 or 4 minutes expecting me to leave first. Each of the times in my case they have managed to get out very carefully (probably not parked quite as close as your guy), but I know they wouldn't have if I wasn't sitting in the car or standing there.

To answer your question though, if they had got out and slammed into my car, I would probably remain composed and go right up to them same as if I had just been rearended at a stop light. Damage is damage and something will have to be worked out between us. If they tell me to **** off, I'd try not to hit them, wait for them to walk away, and then ************* (edited for content)
LOL Now everyone's gonna wonder what I could've typed that was so horrible the head admin himself had to come in and edit my content.

Old 04-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

LOL Now everyone's gonna wonder what I could've typed that was so horrible the head admin himself had to come in and edit my content.
Huh - not sure - I remember reading it before the edit today but I cant remember what was bad enough for that.

You're a very bad man. A very very very bad man.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby

Huh - not sure - I remember reading it before the edit today but I cant remember what was bad enough for that.

You're a very bad man. A very very very bad man.
Yeah, very bad, can I slap Troy around with a large trout Matt???Please????????
Old 04-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Sorry Harry,
Troy was born on the same day as Kim so he has immunity from trout slapping. There's really nothing I can do.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Sorry Harry,
Troy was born on the same day as Kim so he has immunity from trout slapping. There's really nothing I can do.
lol, ok, so i'll slap him around while you and kim aren't looking

or maybe i can park next to him and stare him down.

Harry(starts staring at Troy in a not so fresh smelling kind of way)
Old 04-15-2004, 04:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
If you guys were in my shoes, what would you have done?
I might just leave. I try very very hard to park far away from every othercar on a lot, and if that's not possible I search for the one spot that's protected on at least one side or something.

I remember seeing an Excursion or some insanity like that with different colored paint all down the bottom half of the driver's door. It pissed me off just seeing that, even though I didn't witness an actual door hit.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
YES! I have been granted immunity by the Immortal One!

Your foul stenched stares can not hurt me, Harry, prepare to be whacked by a 40lb Pacific Northwest salmon! (Earl's got a whole hatchery full of 'em!)

Old 04-15-2004, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I might just leave. I try very very hard to park far away from every othercar on a lot, and if that's not possible I search for the one spot that's protected on at least one side or something.

I remember seeing an Excursion or some insanity like that with different colored paint all down the bottom half of the driver's door. It pissed me off just seeing that, even though I didn't witness an actual door hit.
You know what irritates me more than that Nick? People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts back into the cart corral. They load up their groceries or whatever and then leave the shopping car in the space, behind or in front of someone's car, or even in the middle of the thoroughfare. Sometimes I see carts that were left on a hill (yeah, really inconsiderate) crash into some parked cars.

If I see carts like that near the area where I have to park, I typically move them to safer spots. If I see someone just leave the cart in front of someone's car, I typically get their attention and tell them to put the cart in the corral (which to my amazement, people have actually followed my instructions although they didn't look happy).

What is very interesting is that most people that I have witnessed who are too lazy to take their carts to the corral are women between the age of 30-50. I've only witnessed a few instances where a male was actually that lazy.

One of these days, I'm going to get someone who will ignore me and try to get away. I'll just conviently move the cart behind them as they back up so that they hit that cart. Of course after I move the cart, I find a safe spot where I can find cover if they decide to open fire with a gun or try to run me over with their car...that's when the fun begins .

If anyone has seen the movie 'the whole 10 yards', I'm like Bruce Willis in the restaurant banging the head of an arse into the table for being rude to a waitress. That's me in a nutshell .
Old 04-15-2004, 04:51 PM

Quote:
YES! I have been granted immunity by the Immortal One!

Your foul stenched stares can not hurt me, Harry, prepare to be whacked by a 40lb Pacific Northwest salmon! (Earl's got a whole hatchery full of 'em!)
yes, but their numbers are dwindling because of a freak <cough> accident that wiped out half the population of the popular chum salmon in the hatchery which may lead to lower salmon breeding count for years to come.

here's my statement to the fbi:

"i didn't do it, you can't prove it, so f-you."

my trout will beat your salmon any day .
Old 04-16-2004, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

You know what irritates me more than that Nick? People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts back into the cart corral.
I once thought people in Georgia were especially bad about this, until I moved to Vermont for awhile...

Usually I park out in the hinterlands, but that's often to where all the loose buggies migrate. It's like my car's a big magnet.

dcb
Old 04-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Is there no safe place to take our cars? What has this world come to?!

-Chike

P.S. It doesn't matter if I park close to the store or out in 'China', there's always a new scratch or ding on your car when you get back. My wife's car seems to attract waaay more dings than my truck...I guess some people are afraid of 'truck' drivers and stay clear!

Quote:
Originally posted by dcarrb
Usually I park out in the hinterlands, but that's often to where all the loose buggies migrate. It's like my car's a big magnet.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)