How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-09-2003, 10:51 AM
RCBrady85

Angry Egged!

Hey all, been a while since I last posted.. but yea.
My beloved SVX got EGGED a few nights ago! @$(&%@!!!

I'm pretty sure someone at my school's trying to piss me off. Drove my parents up to the grocery store thursday night, got groceries, forgot them in my car. Friday morning, i wake up, go to school, park at the student parking lot, and then get to class. Later in the morning my dad must have remembered the groceries, so he went to the parking lot and took the spare key and got the groceries out of the trunk, but when he got to my car, there was an empty egg carton sitting on the hood of my car!!! What the hell?! Later that night i went to a school football game, didnt notice anyone staring at me or anything, stayed pretty much out of sight from everyone, and then after the game i went to a friends house to spend the night. wake up saturday morning to find my car egged to hell! pissed! one hit rear windshield, second hit left side rear window, another hit left side of trunk, and a 4th hit the top of the spoiler, right end.

Eggs froze to the car and when i put it through the car wash, some paint came off! Need to know a way to seal up the chips so that when it rains it doesnt start to rust and get all messed up... anyone got suggestions? damn high school kids cant handle seeing a beautiful car, so they egg it.. f**k

Ryan
red 96 SVX, 39k miles. (wow)
Old 11-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Shot king

Angry

Wow man, all i can offer is my sympathy . Damn these punx
Old 11-09-2003, 12:27 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Find the SOBs and hang them from the balls.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-09-2003, 12:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Damn, that sucks. I hope you find out who did it. I've been paranoid about that. Especially since people around here like to use baseball bats and not eggs.

Happened to a friend of mine, some guy bashed up his windows and mirrors. He found out who did it and has something very nasty planed for that guys car. These people are all high schoolers. Figures. I just wish that when people had a problem with eachother they delt with it face to face insted of this lets bash up his car then run crap.

This is why I always arm my alarm when my car is not within eye sight. I suggest you just get some touchup paint for your car. My local Subaru dealership has it. I'd assume there is one somewhere near you. They may have some. Ive got a few chips on my car that I need to touch up soon.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Shot king

Angry

My Cherokee has gone thru more abuse from vandalism than anyone i know. Its been egged, keyed, tires flattened and o yeas the big one sugar in the gas tank. While my nicer the vehicles go untouched. The only thing i can think of is the former owner must have pissed alot of people off and when they see it parked in town and they still associate with him but its been bout a year and a half since the last act so maybe they figured it out by now. Man i better stop talking i'm getting angry
Old 11-09-2003, 01:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
I'd like to think of some way to charge the exterior of my car with a pulsing (to save battery power) high voltage low amp current to give any wanna be vandels a nice shock. Make it activated by the alarm/remote. But I fear that would mess up the internal electronics. I was thinking of a small tesla coil. I have a 75000 volt one. But they can mess up computers.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
I'd like to think of some way to charge the exterior of my car with a pulsing (to save battery power) high voltage low amp current to give any wanna be vandels a nice shock. Make it activated by the alarm/remote. But I fear that would mess up the internal electronics. I was thinking of a small tesla coil. I have a 75000 volt one. But they can mess up computers.
I would think that would be a little difficult to do... and how much would the "skin" actually conduct... could start producing some serious heat with the resistance. It would be kinda cool, though. Just wouldn't want to be giving someone a ride... they grab the handle before disarming... oops! Also, what if you forgot to disarm it?

Vandals do suck... so bad! I've had mine egged while driving... scared the SH*T out of me. My friend and I came back in his car and tried to catch the punks. We almost got them, but they got away (pitch black out, and they were in the woods).

Shot King, I've had the keying, tire slashing (tire on another car), bumper smashed with a fist sized dent, but never sugar in the gas tank... that must have really sucked. Who has gotten some anti-rice notes under their wipers? Mine told me that Japanese cars= small penises and cheap women... what the hell? Mine is stock (not riced) you can check locker pics.

Ryan, where did the paint chip and how big of chipping? Have you gotten the smell off? I found that to be the most lingering problem (weeks... even with immediate washing)!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-09-2003, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

I would think that would be a little difficult to do... and how much would the "skin" actually conduct... could start producing some serious heat with the resistance. It would be kinda cool, though. Just wouldn't want to be giving someone a ride... they grab the handle before disarming... oops! Also, what if you forgot to disarm it?

Vandals do suck... so bad! I've had mine egged while driving... scared the SH*T out of me. My friend and I came back in his car and tried to catch the punks. We almost got them, but they got away (pitch black out, and they were in the woods).

Shot King, I've had the keying, tire slashing (tire on another car), bumper smashed with a fist sized dent, but never sugar in the gas tank... that must have really sucked. Who has gotten some anti-rice notes under their wipers? Mine told me that Japanese cars= small penises and cheap women... what the hell? Mine is stock (not riced) you can check locker pics.

Ryan, where did the paint chip and how big of chipping? Have you gotten the smell off? I found that to be the most lingering problem (weeks... even with immediate washing)!
Well I can say I've been shocked by it in the past. Its not damaging. But its quite painful to say the least. Your arm will hurt for like 15 min. Obviously you would want a few extra led's on the car to remind you its armed. But there is still the issue of preventing damage to the car. The body would be a great conductor. Send all the current into the ground wire. But the current is very high frequency. So it might end up getting where it should not. that would be a problem. Contact points could be done. Like inside the handle. But it would require wire more thick than sparkplug wire to keep the current inside and from penitrating the rubber coating.

Another possible power source is one of those plasma globes from radio shack. They don't take much current in but the amount they put out will set a pencil on fire. I've never gotton shocked by one of those (if i did i could not feel it) and I dont think it would be pleasant. I messed with one using sparkplug wire to conduct the current. Some of the current got through the wire and arced to my hands but it was not enough to shock me. Just made my hands burn if I held it to long.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
I completely sympathize Ryan. Back when I was in highschool, I was visiting my girlfriend at her work (a grocery store) and got into a verbal argument about a guy in the produce department hitting on her. I told him to stay the f--- away and so forth. Anyway, his coworker decided to matters into his own hands and throw avacados at my car. I didn't have my SVX, but I had a white Probe with groundeffects (it looked wonderful). So, when I left, there was green mush all over the side of the car. I went into the store to complain to the manager but to little effect because the thrower's father was the manager.

In a bit of irony since then, I am now dating his exgirlfriend. I don't know what he thinks about me now, but I am sure that he doesn't care for me for whatever reason. Anyway, me and my girl are happy and my red rocket is avacado free!

When you get out of highschool, you'll look back and laugh at these idiots who get off on pulling childish pranks. Then, steal their ultra cool girlfriends.

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 11-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
I'd like to think of some way to charge the exterior of my car with a pulsing (to save battery power) high voltage low amp current to give any wanna be Vandels a nice shock. Make it activated by the alarm/remote. But I fear that would mess up the internal electronics. I was thinking of a small tesla coil. I have a 75000 volt one. But they can mess up computers.
I think you may have some liabilities if this is done. If the police come up and touch the car, you may be in for a little ride. I know it is the pits to have people do bad stuff to the car, but you don't want to get locked up either.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 11-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Directionally Challenged

Send a message via AIM to Shadowyng
Dog crud behind the door handle is a great way to say,..."gotch ya!!!!"

I had a roomate in college that we would always try an play pranks on each other. Needless to say that day my roomate got the stinky finger...

Last edited by Shadowyng; 11-09-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:05 PM
RCBrady85

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

Just 2 places that got chipped; on the spoiler and on the side of the trunk. They're fairly small chips, about the size of a very small pebble, in a spider-webbed, shattered-egg shape. the smell doesnt seem to be too bad at the moment, since most of its off. just need to clean the stuff underneath the trunk and in the little nooks and crannies. Thank God the lil' bastages didnt nail my USMC license plate holder.. <grumble> thanks for all of your posts, guys. peace out.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Green1995SVX

My car must have been egged by someone while the previous owner had it, as there were egg spatter shapped touch up marks all over the side of it. It looks like she just used some basic subaru touch up paint. Go to your local dealer. They should have your color in stock.

Mike
Old 11-11-2003, 11:00 AM

highschool kids like to brag...maybe the little F*^k3r5 will brag about what they did then you can beat their arses for what they did, then take some battery acid to their hoods...

i don't like ppl that don't respect other ppl property and purposefully mess something up...did you car do anything to them??? i think not

i am pissed for you

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.