Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-31-2001, 08:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Congratulations Randy! You got the jacket

Hi.

Congratulations Randy on winning the SVX jacket....I won the SVX 23A planning manual so will scan and upload as soon as I can.

It would look great with a yellow crevat!!

Jamsvx

PS: going to see a 1996 SVX, burgandy with 30,000km on it....they want $39,950 - it is a dealer and they bought it yesterday from a wholesaler who had it advertised for $31,950 - turns out the buyer for the dealer paid more than $31,950!!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 08-31-2001, 10:28 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Congratulations Randy! You got the jacket

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
Hi.

Congratulations Randy on winning the SVX jacket....I won the SVX 23A planning manual so will scan and upload as soon as I can.

It would look great with a yellow crevat!!

Jamsvx

PS: going to see a 1996 SVX, burgandy with 30,000km on it....they want $39,950 - it is a dealer and they bought it yesterday from a wholesaler who had it advertised for $31,950 - turns out the buyer for the dealer paid more than $31,950!!!
Thank you James. I'm just hoping the color on the collar is a little off in the Photos (I don't look good in Hot Pink). Turned out to be one EXPENSIVE JACKET (thank you Dan! aka lordlobosvx ) I didn't pay that much for my brand new full length leather trench coat (well, with shipping, maybe I did -- the darned thing was heavy!) Don't expect any YELLOW crevats, though.

Congratulations on getting the planning guide, I look forward to seeing the scans. And, best of luck on your continued quest for an SVX (oh, and tell the dealer you're not responsible for their buyer's screw up. You'll give the 30K, even!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-01-2001, 06:24 PM

We went and had a look at the car.....the burgandy is a different burgandy to any other that I have seen, looks almost like a 'wine' colour.

It was in immaculate condition and the interior hardly looked like it was sat in. We did not drive it (two reasons: 1) not much point and 2) it rattled the salesguy that we did not!) and they seem to be falling overthemselves to sell it:

"We had another guy see it this morning"
"Uh huh"
"He's coming back tomorrow with his son"
"Right...."
"He wants to buy the SVX for his son....he collects SVX's and has 5"
"Of course".
"Here's his card"
"Thats nice"

What a load of ^%&^%&^%......collects SVX's my ^%!!!! If he has 5, he has to service 5.....and since I have spoken to most of the service departments in Sydney, and been told various things, I have never heard of a guy collecting SVX's......and something like that would be bound to pop up!

You hit the mark Randy....my offer, when they inevitably ring, will be $30,000 - take it or leave it.

Regards

James

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 09-01-2001, 11:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
We went and had a look at the car.....the burgandy is a different burgandy to any other that I have seen, looks almost like a 'wine' colour.
DUH! Why do you think the color . . . oops, colour designations are "Claret" ('92) and "Bordeaux" (Later Models)? Sheesh! And here I thought you'd become expert in all your studies.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-02-2001, 06:20 AM

Oh Master, but they do seek to confuse us here in

Oz:http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/ozcat2back.html (its a post update sales sheet)

The term 'crimson mica' has been the only one that I have heard dealers here use in reference to the burgandy colour of both the one that I looked at (the 1996) and the pre 1994 (ie, black roofed ones).

Incidentially, coincidentally and bizarrely, I saw one on the way home today - the same one that I went to see about 4 months ago when it was for sale (asking too much!) - and it was the burgandy/black - I tried to ignore the black and concentrate on the lower half - it could be the same colour but silly me never thought it relevant to take the paint codes!!!

Ah well, something else for my studies!!! On a related point, re: different colours, I did see one for sale that was a anthracite grey bottom half and black roof - I have never seen that colour listed anywhere in the world - It was a Subaru Australia car so perhaps a special order??

Regards

James the Studious!

Old 09-02-2001, 12:10 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Oh Master, but they do seek to confuse us here in

Oz:http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/ozcat2back.html (its a post update sales sheet)

The term 'crimson mica' has been the only one that I have heard dealers here use in reference to the burgandy colour of both the one that I looked at (the 1996) and the pre 1994 (ie, black roofed ones).

Incidentially, coincidentally and bizarrely, I saw one on the way home today - the same one that I went to see about 4 months ago when it was for sale (asking too much!) - and it was the burgandy/black - I tried to ignore the black and concentrate on the lower half - it could be the same colour but silly me never thought it relevant to take the paint codes!!!

Ah well, something else for my studies!!! On a related point, re: different colours, I did see one for sale that was a anthracite grey bottom half and black roof - I have never seen that colour listed anywhere in the world - It was a Subaru Australia car so perhaps a special order??

Regards

James the Studious!
Yes, they serve to confuse us all. In the 1992 shop manuals, they refer to the "Teal" as "Peacock Blue Metallic," the white as "White Mica" the "Liquid Silver" is referred to simply as "Silver Metallic," the "Claret" referred to as "Dark Red Mica," and the "Ebony Pearl" is referred to as "Black Mica." It's a testament to what happens when "Marketing" overrides engineering.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-04-2001, 07:30 AM

Cool Master SVXoda Is Correct....as always!

Randy.....right as usual!!!

Thanks to Blake and Harvey, the Australian cars had the following paint codes on the burgady-ish coloured SVX's of the 1992-94 and 1995-97 series:

1992-1994: (black roofed model) - 947
1995-1997: (monotone model) -487

How does this correlate with the US and overseas markets??

Thanks

Jamsvx

*a true sign of obsession - comparing paint codes!*

Old 09-04-2001, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Congrats to randy and JamSVX

Congratulations on the jacket, Aredub. I wonder how many color combinations Subaru made and how many types. My jade green and navy is a light-middle weight jacket and yoursl ooks to be a little heavier.

Congratulations to you as well JamSVX. I almost stole it away from you but at the last possible moment (2 minutes +) my server went down and the network was unavailable. I use the mobile web and it lets me bid instantaneously. (I have won on ebay with a margin of only 4 seconds)

My collection of SVX literature continues to grow larger and larger, thanks to some Subaru contacts in Japan and Europe. If you ever want to sell your planning guide, you know where to find me. (I was prepared to go $160.00 on ebay)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 05-25-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:36 AM

Re: Congrats to randy and JamSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess

Congratulations to you as well JamSVX. I almost stole it away from you but at the last possible moment (2 minutes +) my server went down and the network was unavailable. I use the mobile web and it lets me bid instantaneously. (I have won on ebay with a margin of only 4 seconds)

My collection of SVX literature continues to grow larger and larger, thanks to some Subaru contacts in Japan and Europe. If you ever want to sell your planning guide, you know where to find me. (I was prepared to go $160.00 on ebay)
Hmm.....I don't know exactly what to say considering you had designs on it and were only thwarted by evil mechanical gremlins!!

$160US.......you would get sick if I told you what I was prepared to go to!! I missed out on the Dealer Delivery Pack about a year ago and I swore, never again. Mobile web....cheater!! *joking*

Anyways, I plan to scan the whole lot in and upload it so everyone can see it...I don't (yet) have to face the running costs of an SVX as many on here do so I figure that its the least that I can do.

Any chance of scans of your Japanese and European literature??? I know of a particular site that has designs on becoming a virtual library on the SVX......and benefactors are welcomed!!!

Regards

James

Old 09-04-2001, 09:44 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Master SVXoda Is Correct....as always!

Quote:
Randy.....right as usual!!!

Thanks to Blake and Harvey, the Australian cars had the following paint codes on the burgady-ish coloured SVX's of the 1992-94 and 1995-97 series:

1992-1994: (black roofed model) - 947
1995-1997: (monotone model) -487

How does this correlate with the US and overseas markets??

Thanks

Jamsvx

*a true sign of obsession - comparing paint codes!*

James, the only year that the black top was offered was '92, except for the 94 Pearl/Black. Europe actually got a Deep Crimson Red (not a burgandy) with a black top that I'd love to see in person (they have shots of this color -- uh, colour -- in someone's Yahoo UK site briefcase). I think it's quite stunning.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-04-2001, 09:50 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Congrats to randy and JamSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess
Congratulations on the jacket, Aredub. I wonder how many color combinations Subaru made and how many types. My jade green and navy is a ligyht-middle weight jacket and yourslooks to be a little heavier.

Thank you, John. I've been in contact with Mark. He was surprised at the high bid (as was I -- damn! I've got it bad). They're putting together "shipping" information and I should have to part with my dollars today and get the Jacket (hopefully) by the end of the week (I've asked for USPS prio over UPS which takes five days from WA). I can't wait!!!!

Thanks to all who restrained themselves from bidding against me. I know how tough that is! And, a pox upon those who couldn't.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-04-2001, 10:08 PM

Re: Re: Master SVXoda Is Correct....as always!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

James, the only year that the black top was offered was '92, except for the 94 Pearl/Black. Europe actually got a Deep Crimson Red (not a burgandy) with a black top that I'd love to see in person (they have shots of this color -- uh, colour -- in someone's Yahoo UK site briefcase). I think it's quite stunning.
What about the triple tone silver? My understanding is that Oz saw the 1992-94 series as all black-roofed...

various silver ones I have seen;
the one-off anthracite coloured one with the black roof;
the white/black and
the burgandy.

I will have to double check.

As for the European red one, I am pretty sure that it what Oz called "Bright Red". I have two European catalogues that show exactly the same picture - but one with a black roof and one with red.
The one with the red roof is here:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/eurocat07.html

and the black roofed one is here:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/germansvx3.html

with the mirror shot here:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/germansvx12.html

Is this the one you are thinking of?

James

Old 09-05-2001, 09:33 AM
LordLobo

Smile

Randy: you're lucky I was extra busy last friday, becuase I was ready to take that sucker to 150 or even 200.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:38 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Master SVXoda Is Correct....as always!

Quote:

What about the triple tone silver? My understanding is that Oz saw the 1992-94 series as all black-roofed...

various silver ones I have seen;
the one-off anthracite coloured one with the black roof;
the white/black and
the burgandy.

I will have to double check.

As for the European red one, I am pretty sure that it what Oz called "Bright Red". I have two European catalogues that show exactly the same picture - but one with a black roof and one with red.
The one with the red roof is here:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/eurocat07.html

and the black roofed one is here:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/germansvx3.html

with the mirror shot here:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/germansvx12.html

Is this the one you are thinking of?

James
Yes. That's the one. I think that combo is great. Of course, we had two "solid reds" here in the states: Barcelona Red (93 Anniversary Edition) and "Brilliant Red" for the latter models.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-05-2001, 09:42 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LordLobo
Randy: you're lucky I was extra busy last friday, becuase I was ready to take that sucker to 150 or even 200.
Well, I'm glad you were busy. I'd proxied at 150, so, above that, it was yours. I'm still a little raw at having to spend over a hundred on a windbreaker, but, scheise geschieht.

Hmmmmmm. 200, huh? Wanna buy a jacket?
Subaru Ambassador