Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 06:10 PM
ChronicSVX

Talons DO NOT have twin turbo engines! it's just a turbo'd 4cyl,
plus awd and they do weigh 550 lbs less. HP is 195 or 210 if its a 1st gen or 2nd gen.
oh and here's my fun 4th of july related idea to get rid of tailgaters. As they really ride you like cheap hooker and flash thier lights non-stop, here is your plan of action.
1. go the speed limit
2. light a romancandle** (preferebly one that shoot clusters of tnt)
3.pull to the side to let them pass
4.dont let them pass and blast away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*instead, you could just chuck one of the large mortar shells out your window.(sorry mortars are only sold in packs 6 or more.)
((and I only have 2 left!))
Old 07-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Superbeast

I did that with road flares wile going 125mph down the highway. my buddy was chucking out the window at another freinds Beretta GT. One of them got sucked up into the front spoiler, I thought the whole car was going to catch fire, but fortunatly it fell out.

BTW. Don't do 125mph wile looking in the rear veiws the whole time, I came very close to driving right under a Trailer truck.
Ahh the young and stupid days, It's a wonder I'm still alive.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-06-2003, 08:01 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Re: Responces for all

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Bwana-I would have thought it was a former SVX owner, had it not been at 11:30 at night. Talon TSI's have like 230hp(?) twin turbo, AWD, and weigh about 500 lbs less, you didnt stand a chance.
Oh, I know i didnt stand a chance...but he asked for it...he flew past me, then slowed down for me to pass him, then flew past me again on the highway for like 30 miles.

I'm pretty sure he didnt have the stock turbo either...
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 07-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Marissa

Talon TSi vs SVX

I just sold a '93 Talon TSi last Tuesday and bought my "92 SVX on Thursday.
The SVX is definitely faster, smoother and more powerful.
My Talon was a single Turbo 4 cyl. It was fast and I had alot of fun in it but it is not even in the same category as the SVX......I do believe I am in love! Twitterpated even!
Old 07-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Talon TSi vs SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Marissa
I just sold a '93 Talon TSi last Tuesday and bought my "92 SVX on Thursday.
The SVX is definitely faster, smoother and more powerful.
My Talon was a single Turbo 4 cyl. It was fast and I had alot of fun in it but it is not even in the same category as the SVX......I do believe I am in love! Twitterpated even!
What would Bambi and Thumper say?
-Bill (finally realizing the benefits of reading to his 3 kids...)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-07-2003, 05:50 PM
ChronicSVX

ya know, i've never gotten hold of a road flare. Talon/eclipse/lazer turbo triplets are fast, but I used to have a non-turbo talon and that car kicked a$$ for not being very fast.
(oddly enough, the old talon sported the very same paintjob as my new SVX) both were even spoiler-less!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:13 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by ChronicSVX
*instead, you could just chuck one of the large mortar shells out your window.(sorry mortars are only sold in packs 6 or more.)
((and I only have 2 left!))
Luckly I am the resident Marine and have access to all that good trash.... Let me know what ya want!!!! Personally I would just prefer the hand full of pennys trick... Throw that out your window and speed off

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-08-2003, 07:51 PM
ChronicSVX

hell yeah! my "mortars" are just the medium multiblast ones(two or three pretty colored explosions) commonly used by cities for thier big shows. GreenMarineSVX do you have any mortars that blow up on contact?not the land to air stuff thats generally just sold to the public. ha ha I'm just kidding.sorta
Old 07-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Luckly I am the resident Marine and have access to all that good trash.... Let me know what ya want!!!! Personally I would just prefer the hand full of pennys trick... Throw that out your window and speed off

Ya, you have all the good fireworks.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:53 AM
svxmofo

numerous encounters

numerous times i have had hondas riding behind me....so close i cant see there headlights..one time at a light..they got so close and it looked like he was trying to read the back of my car to see what it was..anyways..they always get close..so i slam on the brakes and scare the **** out of them..and then hit the gas real quick...just in time..so they dont hit me..other times..im going ten over in a single lane road and a honda is behind me and then the road goes to two lanes and i hear the ****ty sound of their exhaust screaming trying to pull up next to me.but they get killed everytime..i love this car..especially when people try to **** with me in the snow..there is no competition..but i guess when people dont know what it is...they cant help it but be stupid..haha
Old 07-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Man... you people don't know how to handle tailgaters.

1. Friendly wave. If they back off, cool. If not, proceed to step 2.

2. Keep your wheel straight, and YANK the emergency brake. This slows down your rear wheels, so don't do this while going around a corner. The cool thing is that it doesn't put on your brake lights. >evil grin< Which means they need to change their pants. And if they hit you, COOL! You just got a lawsuit... and... doesn't your neck hurt?

- Rob
Old 07-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Man... you people don't know how to handle tailgaters.

1. Friendly wave. If they back off, cool. If not, proceed to step 2.

2. Keep your wheel straight, and YANK the emergency brake. This slows down your rear wheels, so don't do this while going around a corner. The cool thing is that it doesn't put on your brake lights. >evil grin< Which means they need to change their pants. And if they hit you, COOL! You just got a lawsuit... and... doesn't your neck hurt?

- Rob
That's mean Rob. I hope you don't do this in your SVX as I'm sure their insurance (if they have any) will total out another great car.

Coming back to work from lunch today I almost got sideswiped by F350 in my XT6. He apparently didn't care that the light had changed and mine had turned green. Me seeing him coming managed to get the vital part (where I was forward of him then slammed the brakes. OFFICER I SAW HIM COMING AND HIT THE BRAKE!!!) He had to swerve to avoid hitting me. When he swerved he went right into the one light pole. HEEEE HAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got one!!!!!!!!! It was great. The guy was so pissed he just wrecked his $45000 truck and of course he had no one to blame but his dumb a$$ self who couldn't wait the 2 minutes for the light!
Old 07-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Registered Abuser

Everyone that blatantly runs red lights deserves that to happen to them. Nice work. I honk at them everytime. One time I got the attention of a cop and they got nabbed.

Stephen
94 Barcelona - FWD SOLD
92 Ebony - 3.90 SOLD
94 Laguna ROLLING w/4.44s/Ecutune ECU +TCU/STI springs/Infiniti M45 rims
Old 07-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Keep your wheel straight, and YANK the emergency brake. This slows down your rear wheels, so don't do this while going around a corner. The cool thing is that it doesn't put on your brake lights. >evil grin< Which means they need to change their pants. And if they hit you, COOL! You just got a lawsuit... and... doesn't your neck hurt?

- Rob
That only works once each lifetime. Every accident you are involved in goes on your permanent insurance record. Even if it wasn't your fault.

If you are the victim and you sue the guilty party, you are considered a higher risk to the insurance industry and you will pay higher rates.

Plus after you're first vehicular law suit, you are considered a habitual litigator or something like that, making the second lawsuit easy to get thrown out based on suspicion of your voluntary involvement for financial gain.

Doesn't life just suck??

That's why I bought the metal louvers for the license plates. I just hit a button and no visible plates. Then I pull out the grenade launcher

No witnesses, no problem

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 07-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

That's mean Rob. I hope you don't do this in your SVX as I'm sure their insurance (if they have any) will total out another great car.

Coming back to work from lunch today I almost got sideswiped by F350 in my XT6. He apparently didn't care that the light had changed and mine had turned green. Me seeing him coming managed to get the vital part (where I was forward of him then slammed the brakes. OFFICER I SAW HIM COMING AND HIT THE BRAKE!!!) He had to swerve to avoid hitting me. When he swerved he went right into the one light pole. HEEEE HAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got one!!!!!!!!! It was great. The guy was so pissed he just wrecked his $45000 truck and of course he had no one to blame but his dumb a$$ self who couldn't wait the 2 minutes for the light!
Benebob,

You call Rob mean, and in the next paragraph you send some poor deluded bad-drivin' SOB up a pole!!??

Keep up the good work man, and be careful the b's don't hit your Subaru.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl