Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 07:07 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Angry Mechanic problems Help! What would you do

I got my SVX back tonight from getting a tranny cooler, the pan dropped, a new external filter put on and new front tires and stuts done. Problem is the power light is flashing. The code reads that it is the Duty Solenoid C (you gotta drop the tranny to get to it). Yes I do now know what binding is from the drive home too! I have two questions: 1. Do you think it just happened or the place was the cause? 2. How liable would the mechanic be anyway? It is one of the first few times I've gone there but I've dealt with the place through work and have tons of friends who swear by him. What should I do? I don't want this to *^%^ up the 10th anniversary meet but it'll surly cost the $500 bucks I was planning to save for the trip.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:32 PM
The Road Less Traveled

I don't know how possible it could be, but from what you had done on the car I would think it's unrelated.

It's a $65 part, and 3.5 hours labour (plus 1 hour if they want to "charge" you for diagnostic).

VK
Old 06-24-2002, 10:24 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
I don't know how possible it could be, but from what you had done on the car I would think it's unrelated.

It's a $65 part, and 3.5 hours labour (plus 1 hour if they want to "charge" you for diagnostic).

VK
Question is how do do take that flashing light out of your memory...

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-25-2002, 07:09 AM
The Road Less Traveled

You take the light from the memory by fixing the problem. It'll go away from the car as soon as it's fixed, and it'll go away from the owner's memory as soon as the joy of driving an X overrides it.

With the binding that he's experiencing, I'd definitely have it fixed soon. Just make sure it's not wiring or TCU problem (that's where the 1 hour diag charge comes in...)

VK
Old 06-25-2002, 07:14 AM

What's this TCU???

That would be the transmission control unit right? Where might that be located???
Old 06-26-2002, 04:08 PM

Talked to 2 dealers today

Both the Subaru dealers said the same thing. That it sounds like they crimped the wire going through the pan area to the transfer case. That is a good thing i think. Bad news is Lanc County Motors can't look at it til Friday, Cuberland Valley Motors til next Tues. The car has a better history w/ CVM so I guess I'll take it there. Besides, it'll get washed real nice!
Old 06-26-2002, 07:33 PM
Green1995SVX

LCM always washes my car

hehe - i guess they like me better, Ben!!!

-Mike