How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-27-2002, 10:10 AM

Please think... this holiday

this is o/t/s.

i got a call last night at 1:30 in the morning from my best friend (i'm going to be her maid of honor in september) she had just gotten into a bad accident. her and her fiance were on their way home from the store cruising at 55 (normally 65) on rt 80( she is one of those really careful drivers at night). she said that she saw one head light and thought that it was a motor cycle coming up really fast. she moved over to the slow lane to let her pass...well, it turned out to be a car. the drunk B***H hit her bumper and sent her into flips. she flipped her Jeep Cher.. 4 times. then other cars began slaming into the girl who hit her in the first place. there was 5 car total..

her and her fiance got out of the truck with minor injuries but the girl who hit them was flown to a near by trama center and she will probably not live.

just the other day my friend's fiance, Jeff, was driving home from work when a Bronco hit his Military Truck and totaled it. so this is the second time in 1 week that this guy has been in an accident that wasn't his fault.

i hope that everyone will drink responcibly..there are others on the road you have to consider. one of the victims in this accident was a 5 year old who is now in cridical condition. one of those victims could be one of your friends..i have lost a few friends and family members due to drunk drivers. if you drink, stay...what is the problem????

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I agree. I posted a little story on another thread last week regarding street racing and an accident here on the night before mother's day. Nice that a few moms have something to look forward to each year. The kids involved were friends of my g/f's son. The one girl that survived called her mom from the back seat of the car where it took several hours to extricate her. She'll live, but she won't live the life she could have had it not happened.

Make your plans ahead of time. You won't have the capacity to make an intelligent decision when you're drunk. Look out for each other, be a jerk if that's what it takes to keep a friend from driving.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beav
[B]I agree. I posted a little story on another thread last week regarding street racing and an accident here on the night before mother's day. Nice that a few moms have something to look forward to each year. The kids involved were friends of my g/f's son. The one girl that survived called her mom from the back seat of the car where it took several hours to extricate her. She'll live, but she won't live the life she could have had it not happened.

my b/f had to extricate the body a friend of his from high school out of a car a few months ago. this kid had just got engaged. an emt, my b/f has seen many accidents caused by stupid people. this kid wasn't stupid, he just slid on the wet roads.

a guy a new from a town over was street racing and the car crashed and caught on fire. there was one kid that was stuck. he screamed for what seemed like hours from the burns. people were running back and forth to the near by store with gallons of milk, trying to get the flames to die down. nobody could get to him. he died in that car all alone because his friend thought that it would be a good idea to race.

i'll be honest, i floor it when the light turns green and there is some hot head next to me.. but i only go to the speed limit or 5 over. especially in areas where there is other cars and people. i don't need the ticket or the heart ache.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.

Last edited by SHISVX; 05-27-2002 at 11:42 AM.