SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-10-2002, 05:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Sightings & Misc. Ramblings.

2 sightings.

Tues. (5/7/02) morning 6:00 AM at the stop light on Rte 202 N and Foulk Rd. (rte 261) in DE. Spotted a pearl SVX with a woman driving.

Thurs. (5/09/02) evening 6:00 PM spotted a red SVX travelling north on the "Blue Route" (I-476) around exit 5. I was in the southbound lanes travelling (crawling) home from work at the time in my '92 pearly, which has become my daily driver.

Misc. Ramblins'

I hate fuzzy logic! After about 1 month of driving back and forth to work my '92's TCU learned how I drive. Initially the tranny could not decide when to shi'F't or if to shift on trailing throttle.

The guy who owned the car before me must have driven hard on the gas and hard on the brakes; no in between. Partial throttle confused the TCU. Now its A-OK.

My new boss, restored his XKE to concours condition. It's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Plus, a fellow I work with has a white XKE convertible.
There is a black '92 SVX in the bld'g across the street from where I work. The driver has a definite British accent. I gave him both Network and Y-Club cards. He did not know about the SVX clubs.

I have the Beautiful Naviguesser working on the menu choices for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet banquet. She likes to eat so the food should be good.

Later !!!

Larry III

Last edited by LarryIII; 05-14-2002 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-10-2002, 07:11 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

You didn't try the disconnect the battery thing? or does it not reset when that is done? 1 month to retrain?

Larry I know it is a typo. I hope it never knows when to sh*t.

John
Old 05-10-2002, 08:24 AM
srmifer

Re: Sightings & Misc. Ramblings.

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Initially the tranny could not decide when to **** or if to shift on trailingthrottle.
for some odd reason, this made my morning (i found it strangely hilarious)...thanks! not to get my hopes up...but i may be getting the car back today (monday at the latest)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2002, 08:50 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
From what I've read, most 92 transmissions sh!t at around 65K.

Meanwhile, another way to clear the TCU (according to the service manual), is to remove fuse #14 for "more than a minute."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-10-2002, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
larryIII

mine was the same way whene i bought mine a 90 year old reired rich doctor owned it, the first couple of weeks, it drove like crap i hit the gas it would just die even the check engine light came on when i boughbt it after a few month of nice driving, some runs at the track and hiting 130 mph to tampa cleared it up LOL it runs a lot better i dont think even went over 40 mph in or 3,000 rpm,, LOL poor, car,, 90 year old car abuse i bought the car in perfect condion, 70k miles on it, for a 92 well good luck ,, break it in
Old 05-13-2002, 08:46 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
I was cruising how from Hew Hampshire on sun afternoon with my girlfriend. My mom and dad, (who I have convinced that my car is one of the greatest ever made) were in front of me. The rain was so bad that I just drove with the windshield wipers off cause they wern't helping. About 20 mins after the boarder and into mass on I-93, I took a little peek into my rearview and couldn't believe my eyes. The whole ride I was saying to myself "I wonder what the laguna blue looks like up close" and guess what. Yep, there she was. I let it pass me so that I could come up on his rear. As he drove by I was not surprised to see a man all dressed up in army cloths and a Semper Fi bumper sticker. He passed my dad, and continued on down the highway. Sorry dad, but I know my place on the highway. The rest of the drive home all the way to the 495 exit, I stayed with him. Even though I couldn't see it to well due to the rain, it was still great cruising down the highway with him. Dam I love these cars!!!!
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:56 AM

Registered SVX
Boomin'

I know the feeling. It was raining cats & dogs last night driving home on the "Blue Route".
The SVX is great in the rain. and so are the Yoko AVS dB tires. I hope it snows in July in Lafayette, Indiana. Is the qny chance of all the Canadian & Alaskan SVXers bringing about 8 tons of snow to the Meet?

Larry III
Old 05-14-2002, 01:58 PM
0260N4

Not likely, after much hesitation it is finally sunny as 60° outside and I would just as soon prefer that it stays that way thanks. BTW what hotel are most of our meetings going to happen in for the 10th meet? Need to make reservations.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Do a search on "Homewood Suites" or "Hampton Inn." That'll bring up the info on the hotels. They're side by side.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-14-2002, 07:42 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 0260N4
BTW what hotel are most of our meetings going to happen in for the 10th meet? Need to make reservations.
The main Hotels are the Homewood Suites & Hampton Inn in Lafayette Ind. Contact Mr. Patrick Circle at 765-446-0376 ext. 4 .
Mention the Subaru SVX Meet and or my name.

Of course, if you mention my name, Patrick will probably want more money.

Larry III
PS: Having 2 SVXes is twice as good as having one.
Hmmmmm, I just started thinking threepeat.