How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Kamaleon

Lightbulb Wheels And Rims ....

Im currently considenring changing the stock rims and tires and would like to know from experienced or knowledged people if this would any impact in the tranny? what sizes are recomended and what to avoid?!?

If i do that, then i will possibly have the spare original wheels for sale later on.

I need as much info as i can get.. i want to do it the right way one time one expense..

thank you!
Old 05-10-2002, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Do a search

with the keywords of aftermarket wheels, custom wheels 17" wheels, etc. You'll get a lot of info. I myself have posted info as have others. I have 17" as do many others here. Some have 18" and one has 19".

Couple of key points; centerbore (56mm), offset (stock is 53mm), and bolt pattern (5 x 114.3 mm or 4.5"). We cannot use any other Subaru wheels.

Happy hunting!
Old 05-11-2002, 07:18 PM
casper150

no other subaru rims?! damn, i was just about to get rims from a relatives impreza...you sure?!
Old 05-12-2002, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by casper150
no other subaru rims?! damn, i was just about to get rims from a relatives impreza...you sure?!
Positive. They will not bolt on.

Todd
Old 05-13-2002, 12:08 PM
SVXDriver

Yeah, there are very few rims out there that will fit the SVX and I am one that has to agree on it because I had to special order my rims for my SVX. Check my locker to see the rims that I have on my SVX.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:38 PM
Lowered SVX

what???

there are tons of rims that will fit your svx. my rims are 17 x 7.5 with a 38mm offset. i have 225 bridgestone potenza tires and i have had only the normal amount of bearing problems. what i am saying is that my bearing problems are not related to my oversized wheels. i have owned my car since 98 and have only had to replace the rear wheel bearings once.

i really wish people would stop saying that there are only a few wheels that will fit. i mean dayle is putting 19" rims on that SVX. stay away from 17 x 8 or greater and try to stay above 38mm on the offset. you dont want to go below that number. stick to those few rules and you should have no problems.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 05-13-2002, 07:44 PM
squiggy

mr kameleon
may I please be the first in line for your original rims please?
Old 05-13-2002, 07:47 PM
squiggy

ooops--didn't finish my post--may i please be first in line?
I have 3 passenger side rims and 1 driver side rim and I'm having a b!tch of a time getting this problem resolved without losing an arm or leg .