Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-30-2004, 09:04 PM

Wow guys, I really had thought that this was the supreme car. I'm glad you fellow SVXer's took notice to this. I never saw the FWD light in the picture, does this mean the car isn't all wheel drive? I actually called the dealer, Mike, he said that the old lady kept it garaged and that there was no rust on it. But why would the wheels be on backwards when I thought it had 50% tread left in the original tires? Also I don't see any rust, maybe you guys could have a lil too much suspicion, but nonetheless im gonna wait and see how high the price goes just for curiousity, it's no fun paying shipping and buying a car without first seeing it in person.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
Enlarge the pic of the motor...then look at the wiper arms....AFULLY rusty for a 19k car.....
Agreed. A definite bogus auction...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-31-2004, 03:21 AM
One teal and One yellow

more

for 19K,

there're some rust on the body...?

the window scratches problems...?

the hood is also not lined up very well with the fender....

the wheels has been hit by curb lot of times...?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 10-31-2004, 05:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Well, I WAS going to ask what was up with MD and SVXii. I bought my 94 last year in MD with only 20k, and now a 92 w/19k. But I guess fraud doesnt count.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:05 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Drivers seat looks cracked.
Rust on the fender mount bolts and battery tie down.
Low and pretty dark brake fluid for 19k.
Headlight and mocklight would be crystal clear at 19k on a garaged car, wouldn't they?

Car is in good shape though - I'd bid on it with the thought it had 119k on it.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxthc
Wow guys, I really had thought that this was the supreme car. I'm glad you fellow SVXer's took notice to this. I never saw the FWD light in the picture, does this mean the car isn't all wheel drive? I actually called the dealer, Mike, he said that the old lady kept it garaged and that there was no rust on it. But why would the wheels be on backwards when I thought it had 50% tread left in the original tires? Also I don't see any rust, maybe you guys could have a lil too much suspicion, but nonetheless im gonna wait and see how high the price goes just for curiousity, it's no fun paying shipping and buying a car without first seeing it in person.
They're not bstone re930s. 1/2 gone on replacement tires reveals the truth.

Hey, would you go check iut an svx for me in Napa for say, an Outback dinner certificate? Are you close to wino country?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
The original equipment tires on the SVX was the Bridgestone RE95. The original owner I bought my 92 pearlie from had the tires replaced at 82,000 miles. She said that although they gave a lot of mileage, she didn't want to spend 200 apiece to replace them.

What happened to the "OE" Bridgestone that they would have to be replaced at 19K? The tread pattern in the photo is not the RE95. Check the Road and Track Guide to the SVX for the great photo of that tire on the SVX wheel.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 10-31-2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:19 AM

That's true-our re95s went to about 66k before the fl sun delaminated the belts. Replaced with 940s and they were just as good.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
the tires could have been changed due to dry rot, i would think after 14 years. However still doesn't explain only 50% tread left......
Old 10-31-2004, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffN

They're not bstone re930s. 1/2 gone on replacement tires reveals the truth.

Hey, would you go check iut an svx for me in Napa for say, an Outback dinner certificate? Are you close to wino country?
Well, I guess Redding it's fairly close, maybe 3 hours, but it'd be worth it if you could snag it for $7500. I don't have the money to buy it but I might go check it out in a couple weeks, I'm sure it's not going anywhere. I'll give you the lowdown, I'll be in sactown in two weeks which is closer to napa, from there I'll check it out. Car looks pretty sweet for a grandma car As for that outback dinner..I might have to take you up on that.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
SEA Sleeper

FWD

Quote:
Originally posted by svxthc
.... I never saw the FWD light in the picture, does this mean the car isn't all wheel drive?
All '92's were AWD. I believe the first FWD SVX's came about in '94, I may be incorrect.

There is a place to install a 15A Fuse in the engine bay to disable the viscous coupling from engaging the rear differential while vehichle service requires the front wheels to be able to spin.

You definately would not want to drive the SVX w/ this fuse installed, it's designed for service / maintenance needs only.