Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-19-2004, 10:41 AM
alacrity024

Talking These cars are f'ing BULLETPROOF!!

EDIT: okay, so maybe the thread title is a little misleading. nowhere in this thread do i discuss shooting actual bullets at an SVX, nor do i EVER endorse doing so..

so my svx has been off the road since september with a bad tranny..

since there isn't sufficient garage space at my house, the 'X has been sitting outside at my parent's house all winter..

i'm not really able to get home to start it very frequently, and neither of my parents understand the importance of keeping the engine active, so the poor girl has probably been started once in the past three months..

well i've been appointed the housesitter while the rest of my family is out of town for the week, so i figured i'd take the oppurtunity to get the engine turning and maybe even take first and second gear for a spin down the road..

we've had record cold temperatures for two solid weeks, so i was anticipating some degree of difficulty in starting the motor.. well yesterday evening i went out and tried.. dead battery.. tried to jump it.. it would turn over, but wouldn't quite catch.. so i hooked it up to a slow-charger and left it overnight.. went out this morning, and it hooked right up on the first crank!! let it warm up, threw it in first gear and eased it out from behind the 2' snowbank it had gotten plowed behind..

a little tickle of the throttle and all four wheels hooked up and pulled the beast right out!! with SUMMER tires on!! hah!! these things are frigging AWESOME in the snow!!! i can't wait to get home tonight to take her for a "spin"

-adam

Last edited by alacrity024; 01-19-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:49 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hehehe, good on ya mate!!! You should have seen th look on the guys face of the Toyota Tacoma Prerunner that I pulled outta ditch about 2 years ago... He just stared and said, "That's awesome!!!"... I love how Subaru's are in the Snow!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
i had summer tires on my baby last year, and this year decided to go with some dedicated mud and snow tires (b/fgoodrich comp T/A KDWS) nice tires... with the summer tires i could break all 4 tires loose in the rain, and it was hard not too in the snow.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 01-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Superbeast

Re: These cars are f'ing BULLETPROOF!!

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
EDIT: okay, so maybe the thread title is a little misleading. nowhere in this thread do i discuss shooting actual bullets at an SVX, nor do i EVER endorse doing so..

so my svx has been off the road since september with a bad tranny..

since there isn't sufficient garage space at my house, the 'X has been sitting outside at my parent's house all winter..

i'm not really able to get home to start it very frequently, and neither of my parents understand the importance of keeping the engine active, so the poor girl has probably been started once in the past three months..

well i've been appointed the housesitter while the rest of my family is out of town for the week, so i figured i'd take the oppurtunity to get the engine turning and maybe even take first and second gear for a spin down the road..

we've had record cold temperatures for two solid weeks, so i was anticipating some degree of difficulty in starting the motor.. well yesterday evening i went out and tried.. dead battery.. tried to jump it.. it would turn over, but wouldn't quite catch.. so i hooked it up to a slow-charger and left it overnight.. went out this morning, and it hooked right up on the first crank!! let it warm up, threw it in first gear and eased it out from behind the 2' snowbank it had gotten plowed behind..

a little tickle of the throttle and all four wheels hooked up and pulled the beast right out!! with SUMMER tires on!! hah!! these things are frigging AWESOME in the snow!!! i can't wait to get home tonight to take her for a "spin"

-adam

If you head this way now you might be here by Sat to drop it off. I'll give a ride home. J/K
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 01-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I love to get the car in loose powder and stomp on it...then watch the rooster tail of snow rocketing out from behind the car...I swear it must go 25ft. in the air. My T/A does it too, but not as efficiently (RWD)...only thing I can say for the T/A is the soundtrack (exhaust) is infinetly better.