SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-06-2001, 03:08 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Picture time

I have posted a couple of more pictures. I wanted to take them after the car was washed but that bloody bleeding rain screwed up my photo moment.

Anyways, I took a shot of the oil leak, and a shot of where I put my SVX tag on the side of my car.

Further more, I have also posted images of my new video monitor as well. Enjoy and comments are welcome. I am thinking of moving the monitor down a little bit...

What do you think?

Lwin

oh. the pictures are in my locker at:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Seraphim
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-06-2001, 03:22 PM
oneothefewproud

What do you think?

Lwin,

Looks pretty good. But who is that for you or your passangers? Nice the way you ran the wires through the vent as to NOT cut holes.

BTW what are all the little green switches below the stereo for?

Very curios.
Thanx and great job

Wayne
Old 09-06-2001, 09:33 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
VCD? Does it play DVD's? I thought that video cd's got wiped out along with my 3D0...maybe I was wrong.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 09-06-2001, 10:21 PM

To answer the questions...

Well, in theory, the player is for the passengers. But I will be using it as a GPS and my computer (yes) screen when I have time to hook them up (one of these days).

The little green lights (now they are blue -- I switch them to blue just to match the colours), are for all the lights and sounds and AV system.

The first from the left -- front strobes, back strobes, sirens, blank, Celc/Fer (temp) changer, and Monitor screen switch.

The front strobes are not working so I am going to take them out later tonight (before the wisconsin cook out) -- and I don't need to pull over cars anyways and don't need to piss off cops. The back strobes are lovely. I used them once on the road when this guy in the SUV was tailing me. He pull back like there is no tomorrow. (BTW, the back strobes are in my backup lighs)

VCDs are over and out and this player can not pay DVDs. But I can rip them from DVD or tape and burn them. They are still popular in ASIA and they fit about the same amount of songs on VCD as a regular music CD so why just listen when you can listen and watch?

Just my thoughts

Lwin

VCDs are a pain in the butt to convert though.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k

Last edited by Seraph; 09-06-2001 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
DAMMIT LWIN!!

Now you're gettin me all excited, and makin me want to spend more money hat I don't have!!!

Like the "re"placement of the decal
Old 09-07-2001, 11:02 AM

thanks for the reply.

Kev, the screen is not that expensive now. I got mine replaced under warranty but the new one costs 250 for 5.6 inch. for 5 inch, you can get it for around 200 or even cheaper (online).

I hate online shopping. I like to have the goods in my hands as soon as the money left my pocket.

Anyway, I will put more pics as I just switched the position of the monitor. Now, the cops can't see.

Lwin
Old 09-07-2001, 11:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Does that monitor take RCA inputs, or COAX or something else?

Does it get the power from the VCD player, STEREO, or is it hardwired in?

Can't wait to see where you moved it to
Old 09-07-2001, 11:14 AM

Another question....are you still looking into the GPS idea? That would be interesting.

Ryan

Old 09-07-2001, 11:21 AM

How would you run the GPS, I think the Japanese guys are doing something on DVD, is there something on VCD?
Old 09-07-2001, 11:30 AM

Most portable GPS's have an output (rca or s-video) that will hook up to an external monitor. Originally a few months back when we were talking about this he said he was going that route, or possibly using a laptop for it.

Ryan

Old 09-07-2001, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100
Most portable GPS's have an output (rca or s-video) that will hook up to an external monitor. Originally a few months back when we were talking about this he said he was going that route, or possibly using a laptop for it.

Ryan
I see.

Guess I'll have to get to work on my little Play station project, this winter!
Old 09-07-2001, 12:33 PM

I mean for a monitor, buy it as my annual gift to myself with our tax return. My wife pooped a brick when I told her i bought the portable play station thingy this year.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:49 PM

Registered SVX
black strobes

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Well, in theory, the player is for the passengers. But I will be using it as a GPS and my computer (yes) screen when I have time to hook them up (one of these days).

The little green lights (now they are blue -- I switch them to blue just to match the colours), are for all the lights and sounds and AV system.

The first from the left -- front strobes, back strobes, sirens, blank, Celc/Fer (temp) changer, and Monitor screen switch.

The front strobes are not working so I am going to take them out later tonight (before the wisconsin cook out) -- and I don't need to pull over cars anyways and don't need to piss off cops. The back strobes are lovely. I used them once on the road when this guy in the SUV was tailing me. He pull back like there is no tomorrow. (BTW, the back strobes are in my backup lighs)

VCDs are over and out and this player can not pay DVDs. But I can rip them from DVD or tape and burn them. They are still popular in ASIA and they fit about the same amount of songs on VCD as a regular music CD so why just listen when you can listen and watch?

Just my thoughts

Lwin

VCDs are a pain in the butt to convert though.
Lwin, tell us more about the black strobes. Where did you buy them, how much, did you install them. Sounds fun & interesting, I can't deal with drivers that follow me at arms length, this sounds like a fine solution.
David
Old 09-09-2001, 01:55 AM

Re: black strobes

Quote:
Originally posted by dromano
Lwin, tell us more about the black strobes. Where did you buy them, how much, did you install them. Sounds fun & interesting, I can't deal with drivers that follow me at arms length, this sounds like a fine solution.
David
The back strobes goes into the backup (reverse) lights. They are nothing fancy like the wig-wags on the cop cars. Just strobes that flashes on and off and create great attention and you can buy them at your local pepboys for around 15/piece.

What I did is I push the strobes in the light and remounted the original light into the caseing (sqishing the strobe wires). Then connect the ground to ground and red to +12 volt (and a switch).

When the annoying guy gets too close, I switch it on. According to the federal law, you can not have flashing reverse lights. You can not have flashing blue/red lights at the front but nothing about flashing lights at the back of your car. Blue is strictly reserved for law enforcement and red for emergency vehicles. I used the white (no law) and put it in the reverse lights (illegal).

I talked to the CPD officer about having strobe lights on the car. He said they are all right as long as you do not cause accident. I use the strobes as a warning signal and they are at the back so I can not get into that much trouble (if I ever do get into trouble).

Lwin

Colin and Doug (MWM and WI cookout) saw the strobes in action today as well as my monitor.
Old 09-09-2001, 01:57 AM

I have been thinking of oil slicks and nails or broken bottles for the idiots following me that closely. But I do not want to be at fault for their death at this time...

Lwin