IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2005, 11:26 PM
kmin

Angry warning re. forum member ilsegretosvx

Dear fellow forum members,

I regret that it has come to this, but I would like to warn fellow SVX forum members against dealing with ilsegretosvx (real name Stefano Miraglia) - he is not to be trusted.

I sold him my '92 SVX in Los Angeles, on October 30 2004. At the time, he asked me to let him keep the NJ license plates on the car until he could drive back to San Diego that same day. He promised to send me the plates (REP32J) once he got back to San Diego. I waited.

In December 2004, I received a letter from the City of San Diego, informing me that I had not paid a parking ticket issued on November 12, 2004, for a 1992 SVX, license plate REP32J. I called Stefano immediately. He apologized and promised to send me the plates and take care of the ticket.

In January 2005, I received another letter from the City of San Diego. Ticket still not paid, and my license plates were still nowhere to be seen. I called Stefano, but his number had changed. On January 14, 2005, he replied to a PM on the forum, and wrote:

Quote:
Hey, sorry about the delay in replying but Im stuck in Chico now. the State of CA took the plates after the smog and they had everything messed up. It cost $200 to reg the thing. I got hit with every fee in the world. Please send the tickets to me so I can take care of them. Sorry about the mix up. The car has been reged in my name they (DMV) had everything f ed up with the out of state thing. Either address will do.
4750 Hall rd Corning CA and yes that is Corning CA not NY
I trusted him again (don't ask me why) and sent him the letter. Never heard from him.

Last week, I got a letter from the City of San Francisco, informing me that I had not paid a parking ticket issued for (you guessed it) a '92 SVX, REP32J, issued on January 29, 2005. That's 15 days after Stefano said the California DMV had confiscated the plates.

This week, I received a letter from the City of San Diego, informing me that if I did not pay the outstanding parking ticket (yes the one from November 2004 that Stefano promised to pay, twice), they would report my citation to various credit reporting agencies, and lower my credit rating!

Six months after selling him my SVX, six months after he asked me to let him keep the plates for his drive back to San Diego as a favor, six months after he promised to send them back to me immediately, he has kept none of his promises, and left me to handle all his parking tickets. He has also lied to me repeatedly, and to the best of my knowledge is still using those license plates (despite claiming that the California DMV had confiscated them) and driving a car that is registered in my name without my permission. To top it off, his lying and irresponsibility are threatening to lower my credit rating.

I have begun taking legal action to rectify the matter, but to all fellow forum members: DON'T TRUST STEFANO MIRAGLIA (ILSEGRETOSVX).

I regret having to introduce a sour note to the otherwise polite and cheerful tone of this forum - I thought long and hard about it. Ultimately, I felt that I should warn other members of the forum, in case their goodwill (of which there's a lot around here) got taken advantage of by an untrustworthy forum member. Please beware.

PS - Stefano, when you read this, give me a call. I would LOVE to talk to you.

Last edited by kmin; 03-26-2005 at 11:29 PM.