Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
sweet, I have been a little distracted lately and haven't been in tune with this thread. Good news just let us know when u do Phil

Tom
Old 04-26-2005, 06:17 PM

Update on my hose-exploding incident: ran an autocross on saturday, got about 12 30 second runs in at speed with no further hose explosion incidents. I think the two hoses I had blow out were just old (probably original hoses on '92s...) and that they were just work hardened to the OEM radiator's form factor. The car performed wonderfully, although it was only ~50 degrees F out that day, so no heat issues manifested themselves.

This was my first time ever at an autocross and I had a ton of fun. My last run of the day was 33.9 seconds, better than some of the WRX STIs running . The best time of the day set by a rookie was 31.7 in a porsche 914, best time by an instructor was 30.9 in an acura nsx. I learned a lot and still managed to pull out a good time; I hope to hit another autocross soon.

I should also mentioned that when I signed up for numbers with the MAC (minnesota autocross) sanctioning body, the number 555 just happened to be open. Score one for me!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:00 PM

Phil, Any Clue When Are They Going To Have Any More Radiator Available???? Since They Already Know You... Please Let Me Know If You Get The Chance To Taqlk To Them Again... Thak You
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknite
Phil, Any Clue When Are They Going To Have Any More Radiator Available???? Since They Already Know You... Please Let Me Know If You Get The Chance To Taqlk To Them Again... Thak You
They were suppose to call me back today, but didn't... I'm calling them back tomorrow morning, and find out.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-26-2005, 07:23 PM

Please Let Me Know. I May Have $$$ On Weekend...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:41 PM

PWR radiator install update

I installed my radiator last weekend and can confirm the following:

The Good:
- The rad fits the car well and cools very well.
- Install time was less than an hour (including flushing the old coolant.

The Bad:
- The tabs at the bottom to hold the cooling fan shrouds are welded too low (around 1/2" - 5/8"). I had to tweak them with a rubber mallet.
- The upper inlet tube is about 1" too long. My top silicone hose from dayle is crammed tight against the plastic shroud that cover the accesory belts. I am going to trim it to a shorter length sometime this summer.
- I had to cut one ear off of the radiator cap to get it to close and not contact my hood. In fact, the hood won't close at all unless you leave the cap loose or cut the ear.

I'll post pics later. I'm a bit disappointed that they got the tabs and the inlet wrong, but otherwise, it's a nice radiator
Old 04-26-2005, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsodonis
I installed my radiator last weekend and can confirm the following:

The Good:
- The rad fits the car well and cools very well.
- Install time was less than an hour (including flushing the old coolant.

The Bad:
- The tabs at the bottom to hold the cooling fan shrouds are welded too low (around 1/2" - 5/8"). I had to tweak them with a rubber mallet.
- The upper inlet tube is about 1" too long. My top silicone hose from dayle is crammed tight against the plastic shroud that cover the accesory belts. I am going to trim it to a shorter length sometime this summer.
- I had to cut one ear off of the radiator cap to get it to close and not contact my hood. In fact, the hood won't close at all unless you leave the cap loose or cut the ear.

I'll post pics later. I'm a bit disappointed that they got the tabs and the inlet wrong, but otherwise, it's a nice radiator
I'm originally from Knoxville. My whole family is there. How many SVX's have you seen there?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:14 AM

Only seen one other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
I'm originally from Knoxville. My whole family is there. How many SVX's have you seen there?
I know that his is OT, but to answer the Q:
I've only seen one other in Knoxvegas in a year. I commute to Rockwood each day and there's a red 95 that parks at the company down the street (he obeys the speed laws so I pass him on I40 often), but I haven't had a chance to stick a SVX world network invite card under his wiper yet. There's one more that I know of in Crossvile, so we're pretty lean in TN.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Maniac modifier

Update!!

UPDATE!!!

I called Josh earlier today and aske dhim for an update on things. He said he has a few caps and is waiting for the rest. he will post pictures asap. Anyway, it should not be much longer.

TOm
Old 04-27-2005, 07:00 PM

Excellent! (Left early this morning, just got home.. couldn't call back)

Old 04-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Josh_PWR

Caps

Sorry that its taken so long for me to post, we finally got the caps in today, We are printing up all SVX invoices right now, we have 45 caps, we will be sending them out today and tomarrow. I have attached a picture of the cap, I am sorry if its not the best picture, but it will atleast show you what the caps look like, they are billet caps, witha smoth cap surface, and the sides have notches machined out to make it easy to take the cap on and off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap top.jpg (70.7 KB, 649 views)
File Type: jpg cap side.jpg (92.1 KB, 593 views)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Maniac modifier

frickin sweet!!!!! those looke awsome thanks Josh!!!

Tom
Old 04-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Welcome to the site Josh, those caps look good. I didn't buy a radiator as I just replaced mine. It's good to see your radiator fit as good as it did compared to when I had someone attempt to make me a brass/copper radiator.

Some people complain your radiator is not a perfect fit but they may not realise how form fitting the OEM radiator actually is.

I say good job guys.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Josh_PWR

Thanks Earthworm
Glad to hear that you guys think the caps look good, most likely we are going to start stocking them. I think it would be a great addition to a polished radiator. We are currently working on changes to the SVX radiator so that there is never an issue like this again. I have been reading back through the posts and know that the top inlet is to long and must be shortened an inch, the lower fan mounting brackets are to low and must be brought up a half in or so. And of course the cap clearance problem, which we are thinking of solving by trimming a fraction off of the top tank, and just extending the top pins for mounting a fraction. And we are going to look into machining the filler necks down alittle bit more. We realize now though, that all radiators should be test fit by our company, not an outside person, this will insure there are no problems and there is no guessing where the blame should fall if something doesnt fit/work. We do apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused anyone. We have a few SVX radiators that are not assembled sitting in our shop, and we have an order of some, not sure the exact number coming in from PWR Australia, if anyone is interested in buying one contact me at 877-656-9256.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:43 PM

will this ones are going to be modify. or they just will be like every one else???