Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Subaru_Newbie

several part questions

glow gauges from motorsport warehouse... they look anygood?
carbonfiber dash kits???
euro grills
diamond plate steel floormats?

any info on these would be great
... oh yeah i also just purchased a remote start/keyless entry system to install... i got it all to work except remote start... just wondering if anyone else got the DEI system i got and how thry installed... oh anopther one... how many audio amps can i run without need a new alternator, and what alt, should i get... i currently have 2 10's on a 1000 watt amp and my internal speakers on a 600 watt
Old 02-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Jimsbaby

hmm

glow gages i love but i didnt get mine from dayle but look the same...the 97 grill i would get but im low on $$$ but its nice looking check out some lockers for pics in your color...the carbon fiber layover kits this i saw on a mustang and i was not impressed with how much stuff they showed out the sides of the pieces and if your svx has fake wood in it i dont see it working for me...hope this helps if u want some pics of the gages i can take some but i do have some other blue lights in there too to help the effect but gages alone A+

Jim
Old 02-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
check "lee"'s locker, he has some wiring diagrams for the DEI kits. IMO the diamond floor mats are retarded... but thats just me, the euro gauges and grill are loved by many... although i'm personally not a fan of the euro gauges, or the layover kits... lots of others are. they are made really well from what i've heard, but i'm going to try and make a real wood dash, and after i fail at that, i'll look at those layover kits

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 02-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Subaru_Newbie

well ive got a 95 L awd so i got the clean looking grey dash not that woodgrain stuff... i was thinking about just painting it all but id prefer carbon fiber... plus whats with the hoods... they look like crap or something??? people talk about it shaking... well its light weight... as long as the hinges and latch will bolt on who cares... oh and does anyone have a strut tower bar??? i took my friends off his 240 sx and it fit except the hood wouldnt close...
Old 02-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
don't use a strut brace from another car... bad things usually result from stuff like that. I'd sand the dash pieces down and paint them to match your exterior, or black. And the use of hoodpins is recomended with ALL carbon fibre hoods. many people have avoided that, however, buy modifying the latch slightly(i know AFBeefcake was just doing something with that) They are made fine, just the nature of the beast from what i've heard on this and other cars. Also talk to Mychailo, or mtzblockzo (something like that), about strut braces. I'd suggest saving your money for springs, and possibly the koni shocks. It would be far more effective, although do talk to mychailo about that.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 02-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Subaru_Newbie

yeah im thinking about getting the drop springs and konis... how easy is the hood to bolt up to hinges and latch... i would definatly get hoodpins
Old 02-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
The hood will bolt on in about 10 minutes, but the OE hood lifter will not work with the carbon fiber hood.

Also you will need to install the OEM gaskets onto the carbon hood, and most like a strip of weather stripping along the back of the hood to help stop flecking when driving.

I got after market lifters and drilled some holes.

Here is my how to on the lifters.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/How-To/14533.doc
Old 02-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Jimsbaby

fiberglass hood?

well would u need to go to all that trouble if u only went to a fiberglass hood im sure its still lighter and has the same look but im thinking it should still work with all the stock svx lifters anyknow for sure? Just another idea if u dont want to pin and find different parts

Jim
Old 02-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Subaru_Newbie

sohow crappy does the carbon fiber hood look really? can someone take some close up pics?
Old 02-13-2004, 12:34 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

speakers souldn't be a problem as long as wou leave the car running. I'm running an 800 watt audiobahn amp with one audiobahn 12 inch sub. I've had no problems
Old 02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Fiberglass or carbon fiber the hood will still not could with the holes for the lifters.

Its not that the OEM hood lifters will not fit. It’s that there for a hood that is about 80 pounds. Each lifter can lift about 40 pounds. The carbon fiber hood is only 33 pounds.

I would think it would be hard to close the hood with less then haft the required force on the lifters, and if you closed the hood there would be a lot of force on the hood when closed. I tried compressing the OE lifters with my hand and it was not easy at all.

So that’s why I used other lifters. They only lift 20 pounds each so the hood will stay open but is easy to close.