SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Sold my soul to Subaru

Unhappy 2 Trannys in 2 Months WTF?!

Ok here's my dilemma. Back in Nov. My tranny went out. I got on the freeway accelerated to around 65 or 70...wasn't speeding or driving crazy just cruising along. I was daydreaming and got behind a slow car for a while then I went to lightly hit the gas and get around it when my RPMs skyrocketed and my speedometer said I was going like 30. I limped the car home because even though ti did this everytime I hit the gas I couldn't hear any slipping or grinding noises till I got off the freeway right by my house. I had it towed the next day and my mechanic said it was so torn up it could not be rebuilt. Well I happen to own 2 96 LSi's I am in San Diego and my other SVX is in Tennessee. So after 2 monthes my dad finally mails me my other tranny which has around 140,000 miles on it. My tranny that died had 113,000 miles on it. So I had the other tranny rebuilt anyways because it was older and sure eniugh the mech said the clutch in my other tranny was burnt up. He put a soft kit on it and 2 weeks ago I finally get my car back. Lat night though my tranny went out again in the exact same way...on the freeway cruising and suddenly RPMs go nuts and it says I'm only doing 20 mph. This time however when I was trying to get to the shoulder of the road everytime I hit the gas my steering wheel would pull really hard to the left. I thought it was a flat, but my tires were fine. I thought it was wierd this happened the same time my tranny went out and wonder what it is and what could cause it. Also I was reading another thread about tranny problems and the guy was talking about his tps senser. Do these have an effect on the tranny cause mine has been bad for a few monthes now, but has appeared to have no effect on the operation of my car. Well I am lost and pissed off so any helpful info will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
~Amanda