Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports

Old 10-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschekiller View Post
if you wanna use the same size tires on 17" wheels then 235/50-17 off the new cayman would be ideal and they would look better without the fender gap. the new 235/50zr17 falken ziex ze912 $88 at tires-easy.com.
Please stop with the tire size recommendations for me OK? You've not seen my car (I have a lowered coilover suspension), you have never autocrossed, the Porsche tires are irrelevant, and the Falken's you mentioned have one only one thing going for them-they're cheap. Falken does make some good autocross tires, but the Ziex is not the tire. I have two sets of summer UHP tires and a set of all-seasons for this winter already. No more tires are needed.

kthxby,
Todd
Old 10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
Please stop with the tire size recommendations for me OK? You've not seen my car (I have a lowered coilover suspension), you have never autocrossed, the Porsche tires are irrelevant, and the Falken's you mentioned have one only one thing going for them-they're cheap. Falken does make some good autocross tires, but the Ziex is not the tire. I have two sets of summer UHP tires and a set of all-seasons for this winter already. No more tires are needed.

kthxby,
Todd
Ditto.... get some experience and stop with the F40 comparisons... I have bridgestone 225/45/17 on my STi rims and with a shot rear suspension I have thrown it around a little while breaking in the built motor and blower. For street tires they are great. Nice stiff sidewall and decent grip. I am getting a set of 255/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615's for street tires. Those should be about as big/wide as anything that ANYONE needs. If there is anyone on here that should be offering tire advice it is the guys that are racing frequently (benebob, hocrest, shotgunslade, svxride and forgive me if I forget anyone) and guys who are starting to make nice power, (Tomssvx, svxfiles, LAN, I won't count myself because I have not had the experience yet to make a lot of recommendations)
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
I am getting a set of 255/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615's for street tires. Those should be about as big/wide as anything that ANYONE needs.
Too small brother, too small, actually I now think our 23x10s are too small. The 23x12s with a 14inch turning footprint would be so much nicer Only time you can really have too much tire is in the rain and snow.

That said, the 255 azenis should do nicely although they've become a little pricey these days. Might want to look at the Nitto comparable tire as well from what I've read it matches up pretty well with the Azenis. Wish they still sold the 215 personally!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
nitto 555's are a very good tire... brother mans just got s set of 275's rear and 245 front for the Z. On a more on topic note, Sicksubie is getting those tires for a well..... sicksubie deal so.... thats all i have to say

Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned

Exclamation autocross

i'm going to ask tom to take my car to an event with the stock suspension and all season tires to show you all how much time you've wasted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Ditto.... get some experience and stop with the F40 comparisons... I have bridgestone 225/45/17 on my STi rims and with a shot rear suspension I have thrown it around a little while breaking in the built motor and blower. For street tires they are great. Nice stiff sidewall and decent grip. I am getting a set of 255/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615's for street tires. Those should be about as big/wide as anything that ANYONE needs. If there is anyone on here that should be offering tire advice it is the guys that are racing frequently (benebob, hocrest, shotgunslade, svxride and forgive me if I forget anyone) and guys who are starting to make nice power, (Tomssvx, svxfiles, LAN, I won't count myself because I have not had the experience yet to make a lot of recommendations)
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Question bias ply

isnt that for drag racing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Naw, the fastest track SVX uses 23x10 Bias Ply Hoosiers. 22.5 inches in overall height baby! Sidewall. Yeah it does have a little.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
isnt that for drag racing?
Road racing, hill climbing and autoxing and we can still break all four loose after warming 'em up, with a 4.11 auto and a stock SVX engine in there.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
i'm going to ask tom to take my car to an event with the stock suspension and all season tires to show you all how much time you've wasted.
You do know that I will not put unequal tires on your car right? Literally, I refuse to do it unless they are measured to be the exact same rolling diameter. I don't need to be replacing a center diff anytime soon

Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Tom, remember the magic phrase!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Tom, you've now been elevated to the rank of Professional Driver. Question for you though. How do you feel about all the money and time you've "wasted" on YOUR suspension, you know the coilovers you installed, now that Porschekiller's car will whip all of our, and your, modded cars?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I think if ANYONE would be able to chime in with usefull info here, it'd be jerry or harry. I think theese guys have been autocrossing since before some members here could drive
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
I think if ANYONE would be able to chime in with usefull info here, it'd be jerry or harry. I think theese guys have been autocrossing since before some members here could drive
I am getting better!!!!

Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
nitto 555's are a very good tire... brother mans just got s set of 275's rear and 245 front for the Z. On a more on topic note, Sicksubie is getting those tires for a well..... sicksubie deal so.... thats all i have to say

Tom
LOL..... They actually didnt end up being TOTALLY free. I am getting them in exchange for a few STi parts that I have laying around.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

Wink not to worry

i prefer looks over performance: either 255 or 245/50-16s on all 4 with 16x7.5 enkei's
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
You do know that I will not put unequal tires on your car right? Literally, I refuse to do it unless they are measured to be the exact same rolling diameter. I don't need to be replacing a center diff anytime soon

Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Maniac modifier

you can chose whatever tire size you want. As long as they are the same on all 4 corners

Tom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: