SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2004, 03:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Miffed. Cavalier!?

Yes, I know there are a million and one Posts on being confused with the Probe, and with the Talon/Eclipse..But a few days ago I was playing a concert up in Canada.... an extremely annoying person that I know up there (she treats me like I'm her 9 yr old brother), but hadn't seen in around 3 years was catching up w/ me on where life has led. And eventually it gets to cars. And she's telling me of her beatiful marvelous delightful luxurious....rio Her not being much of a car person (or person in general..) I let her babble on about what an insane nice car she had. planning to eventually stroll out the parking lot afterwards while she was, and calmly get in my just detailed SVX.

So we get outside, and she pulls me over to her car, and shows it over to me. and I fein interest for a while, still self amused and self satisfied of what I knew the look on her face would be when she saw the SVX. So I finally calmly interjected that I had gotten a new vehicle since we last met as well. She looks around the parking lot and asks "which one's yours?" , so I pressed the remote and made her beep "That one", I said pointing to her. It was beautiful rear angle view of the car too. And to my disbelief I got the reply "Mmm, yea, Cavaliers are a nice stable little cars when your first starting out I guess".

There were not even any Cavaliers in the parking lot. I couldn't continue the conversation......

Guess some people are just not car people. I mean, I really don't take huge offense to being confused w/ the probe or eclipse. But cavalier? quite depressing.

Last edited by zavikan; 12-29-2004 at 03:10 PM.