Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

ENOUGH of the We Are Under Attack Thread!

I don't think there's any upside in continuing this thread. I received one demented pm and don't want any more. Danny should express this stuff on another web site. This is an SVX web site. The members of this site are at least 99 percent US citizens. I for one think the anti-US comments on this thread have gone too far and I'm offended by the level of bull expressed here. Furthermore the level of discussion has sunk so low as to be without any value. Everything that can be said on this topic has been said.

I hope Danny and his SVX stay safe, but enough already.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
I couldn't disagree with you more. This forum is set here for this specific purpose. This is the reason a thread like this isnt allowed in general and not even in off topic. Everything read here is by choice, no one is forcing you to read it, get involved, rather you have to go out of your way to get there.

A persons opinion is a very valuable thing; taking that away from someone, just because they disagree with you is never the correct thing to do. Sure, there may be conflicting views, but that is the spice of life.

The PM's HAVE to stop. I hope that the mods of the forum don't allow for them to continue.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I agree with Duckie here. While I want Danny to stay safe, I stopped reading the thread after the first day or two.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

I would agree with you guys if Danny's thread hadn't deteriorated to such a degree. Danny and a few others have made anti-US and anti-semetic statements. He has praised the terrorist group Hezbollah which is responsible for over 240 Marine deaths, and has killed many other Americans. Iran and Syria back Hezbollah, and both these countries are currently responsible for aiding the terrorists in Iraq that are killing many American soldiers.

A good friend of mine, a former Marine and a fire fighter was killed in 9/11. Terrorists groups like Hezbollah, Iran, etc are an enemy to the US and bear part of the responsibility for 9/11.

For these reasons and more I think enough is enough. Whether I read this thread or not, it's stench infects this site -- IMHO
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX94
A good friend of mine, a former Marine and a fire fighter was killed in 9/11. Terrorists groups like Hezbollah, Iran, etc are an enemy to the US and bear part of the responsibility for 9/11.
Ummm...how exactly does Hezbollah or Iran have ANYTHING to do with 9/11? Perhaps you're not up to date on current events, but Al Queda (maybe you've heard of them, most were from a country called Afghanistan) was responsible for 9/11. NOT Iraq, NOT Iran, NOT Hezbollah. Hezbollah and Iran have about as much to do with 9/11 as Mexico and Djibouti.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Network Design Administrator

This one time, at terrorist camp... I ate a shwarma.

Its true! I did in fact eat a shwarma, but I have never been to terrorist camp.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
I would agree with you guys if Danny's thread hadn't deteriorated to such a degree. Danny and a few others have made anti-US and anti-semetic statements.

If this is, in fact, true, then the mods should be diligent in their "editing" and/or lock the thread. This behavior has no place here.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I would agree that there have been a few statements that have crossed the line. In defense of Danny, on a daily basis, he is watching his country being dismantled by bombs, so some of his statements may be overwrought. I have been distressed by his unification of the Israeli nation with people of a particular religion. I have been intending to point out to him that he is being bombed by the Israeli nation. With respect to anti-US statements, criticism of US policy, both past and present, has always been not only allowable in, but also characteristic of, public discourse in this country. And, criticism of policy, in no way, should be construed to minimize the sacrifices of those who tried to implement that policy.

I also have received several PM's, a couple of which I publicized, but will publicize no more.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I am the ribbon holder for finding Hizbollah offensive. I was among the ones who dug up and put those 241 marines and sailors in bodybags. 4 or 5 were actually close friends, so it has the ability to even jerk a tear now and then. So I'm no fan of Hizbollah no matter how much Dan says they have... ah hem!... "changed".

But.

The flip side of Freedom is tolerance, and I'm a firm believer in Freedom. Therefore I must tolerate.

The best thing to do is just don't click on that link.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 08-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Guys... throughout my thread, I haven't attacked the US in any way, I attacked Israel but never the US. WHat I stated about your government is it is supporting Israel through its policy of killing our civilians. We have around 1000 killed so far (that is without the ones we don't know about), i have a feeling that the number will rise to 2000 civilians. 25 days, 2000 civilians... do the math to reach Kill/Day...

Most of the stuff is new to you all, culture is different from US to Middle East. We have a religious war going on here, no more no less...

Hizbullah never made attempts outside Lebanon. He is fighting a lebanese war on lebanese soil.
Sunnites and Shiites hate each other, you know the war between them in Iraq. Al Quaeda and Hamas are Sunnites, Hizbullah is Shiite... they are like water and oil...

RSVX, shawarma rocks man , how many kinds you have over there??? We have basic two here, Chicken Shawarma and Meat Shawarma

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
I don't think there's any upside in continuing this thread. I received one demented pm and don't want any more. Danny should express this stuff on another web site. This is an SVX web site. The members of this site are at least 99 percent US citizens. I for one think the anti-US comments on this thread have gone too far and I'm offended by the level of bull expressed here. Furthermore the level of discussion has sunk so low as to be without any value. Everything that can be said on this topic has been said.

I hope Danny and his SVX stay safe, but enough already.
Out of curiosity, does the 'ignore' function filter PM's as well as posts of whoever's being ignored?

If it does, I recommend 'ignoring' Lee and your problem would be solved.

+1 leave the thread as it is and do not read it if one can't handle it.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Hizbollah is trying to convince us that we have a religious war going on here, no more no less... That keeps us from realizing the huge mistake they made from crossing the border and attacking an Israeli tank 2 weeks ago. This way we can't blame them for giving Israel a free pass to destroy our country.
Fixored.......

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
This one time, at terrorist camp... I ate a shwarma.

Its true! I did in fact eat a shwarma, but I have never been to terrorist camp.
Snort!!

That was like a joke granade. You read it, and like 6 seconds later, it sinks in... and Snort!!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Set PM Record Straight

I want to definitely set the PM record straight. I have sent a few PMs and challenge anyone that I sent them to publish them openly if they think they are insulting, degrading, obscene or revolting. I know for sure that the PM that DanSVX94 is talking about receiving DID NOT come from me. Duckie is putting his mouth on the subject and I have never PMd him and have not intention of doing so. Some of mine have been published and I wish that publisher had revealed the only other PM I sent him. He did not because there were some points in it that he did not want published. Stop implying my PMs are totally inappropriate and should be reviewed by the MODS----PLEASE, MAKE THEM PUBLIC SO ALL CAN SEE. Like I said before, I say nothing in PMs that I would not say in open posting. I used the PMs in the other thread because I said I would not post there anymore because it was getting so ridiculous and Anti-American.

Lee
Old 08-07-2006, 04:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
Why can I not coment about PMs without recieving one. I said the PM thing needs to be cleared up. People should not be publishing PMs they should be sent to mods if they find them offensive and then dealt with accordingly. Im not saying your PMs are offensive to me...I am saying that this battle needs to be stopped.