How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 02-26-2003, 02:24 PM
knight'92

Smile Midwest Meet

Would anyone want to have a Midwest Meet..
say in Springfield/Branson Missouri..

let me know if anyone is interested.. I think there are several people from KC and St Louis that would probably like to have a meet in this area.. !
Old 03-04-2003, 11:59 AM
scottheaney

Midwest Meet

Sorry I took so long to post. I would be interested, maybe something mid to late summer? I was going to go to Reading, but injured my knee badly. Can't drive until late spring. It's very hard looking at the SVX in the gargage every morning before my wife takes me to work.

Location sounds good, that is a nice easy drive for me from Omaha. Lots to see and do down there too.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:06 PM
svxstl

i'd be interested. springfield's got fewer potholes than up here in st. louis.

summer would also be best for me--at least then the weather will be more "predictable".
Old 04-11-2003, 11:58 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

I'd be in on this for sure. Wife is just aching to go to Branson.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Scottsubarus

Going to Branson? take sack fulls of $$$$ it's VERY expensive
Old 04-29-2003, 11:33 AM
scottheaney

Quote:
Originally posted by scottsubarus
Going to Branson? take sack fulls of $$$$ it's VERY expensive
WOW! Another live SVXer in Omaha, and a Scott too! I was wondering whether I would ever see one in this forum. I know there are a few around town (I think 5 total) but I never/rarely see others except mine. What color and year are you? Mine is a Red, 1996 Lsi. I will keep my eye out for you.

Great to see you on the board here!
Old 04-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Scottsubarus

It is my 18yr old sons car. It is a Black 92. (he has 4 Subarus. Impreza, XT6, and a XT Turbo as well) We live 1/2 way between Omaha and Blair off hwy 133. Son just got the car 2 weeks ago from a guy in Bellevue (had 2 for sale) but coulden't drive it due to a bad Radiator leak. Radiator had to be ordered, came in yesterday and installed last night. We need to get all the SVXers together here in Omaha!

Is your car the one with a bra on the front????

Did you know Bellevue Nissan sold a Black 97 for $8,900!!!! they said they had it on the lot over 120days!! salesman said it got lots of looks, but people were leary of the car (subaru sportscar)
Old 04-29-2003, 11:53 AM
scottheaney

Quote:
It is my 18yr old sons car. It is a Black 92. (he has 4 Subarus. Impreza, XT6, and a XT Turbo as well) We live 1/2 way between Omaha and Blair off hwy 133. Son just got the car 2 weeks ago from a guy in Bellevue (had 2 for sale) but coulden't drive it due to a bad Radiator leak. Radiator had to be ordered, came in yesterday and installed last night. We need to get all the SVXers together here in Omaha!

Is your car the one with a bra on the front????

Did you know Bellevue Nissan sold a Black 97 for $8,900!!!! they said they had it on the lot over 120days!! salesman said it got lots of looks, but people were leary of the car (subaru sportscar)
Nope. No bra on mine.

Wow, four subarus...he must really love them. Does he do alot of his own work? I do as much as I can on mine as time and knowledge allows. I am getting more familiar with it everyday. I just bought a Stebro exhaust system a month ago and hope to get in on soon. Maybe when I get it installed I can give you guys a look at it.

I bought my SVX 1-1/2 years ago at Auto USA on 114th and Dodge Street. It was on the lot for a week when I found it, and bought it right away.

I live in West Omaha. I know of another Red similar to mine owned by a girl at Millard North Highschool. Another Red (I think '93 or '94) is owned by a gentleman I met at Stan Olsen Subaru one morning during service. Didn't catch his name. I had seen a dark green down in Bellevue a few times. I believe there is a really beat up looking silver in the Millard area also. Those are the only sightings I have had and it has been awhile.

I would love to get everyone together some time, but it might just have to be us for now.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Scottsubarus

Humm, will have to tell my son about the girl that has one in Millard LOL.

The guy Jim bought his black one from has another one for sale..a Moroon color (92) There was a girl that worked at Stan Olsen Metro store (next to pont/subaru) that drove a silver one.
I asked about the bra, becasue I saw one at the maple street KMart of few months ago...absolutley perfect car. My wife thought I was checking out some other girl.....no honey just that cool Subaru.."thats a Subaru?" she said. and now there is one in the family.

Jim works on all his cars. He is very mechanically inclined...his dad is not It would be great to hear your exhaust!!! give us a call or e-mail when ever you want to meet up...even just to ck out the cars.
my e-mail SAShaeffer@hotmail.com
Jim's Impostor555@hotmail.com
Home# 426-8456
Old 04-29-2003, 12:17 PM
scottheaney

Quote:
Humm, will have to tell my son about the girl that has one in Millard LOL.

The guy Jim bought his black one from has another one for sale..a Moroon color (92) There was a girl that worked at Stan Olsen Metro store (next to pont/subaru) that drove a silver one.
I asked about the bra, becasue I saw one at the maple street KMart of few months ago...absolutley perfect car. My wife thought I was checking out some other girl.....no honey just that cool Subaru.."thats a Subaru?" she said. and now there is one in the family.

Jim works on all his cars. He is very mechanically inclined...his dad is not It would be great to hear your exhaust!!! give us a call or e-mail when ever you want to meet up...even just to ck out the cars.
my e-mail SAShaeffer@hotmail.com
Jim's Impostor555@hotmail.com
Home# 426-8456
Will do

You guys do the same...

email: scott.heaney@davisdesign.com
Home# 391-6880
Old 04-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
You know there's one already in the works so-to-speak in Rockford, IL?? Yeah, I know it's not in MO, but it's not a million miles from STL. I plan to go... though SVXless
Old 04-29-2003, 08:31 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by thumper_svx
You know there's one already in the works so-to-speak in Rockford, IL?? Yeah, I know it's not in MO, but it's not a million miles from STL. I plan to go... though SVXless
And all Omahanians are cordially invited.

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

And all Omahanians are cordially invited.

Ooh... that sounds nasty... is it contagious?

<ducks for cover>
Old 04-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Lemme see . . . scottheaney . . . scottsubarus . . . my stepson's name is scott and he's from Omaha (Now living in MOVALLEY, IA -- works for Cargill). I see a disturbing pattern here.

I met my wife in Omaha in 76. I lived there from Jan, 76 to Aug '76. Worked at a Disco in Council Bluffs (The Joker. Remember it? ).

I always loved the names of places in Omaha. Went to the bicentenneal fireworks show at Rosenblatt Stadium (home of the College world series). I remember they had a "pot is legal day" within the gates of Peony Park, while I was there. I didn't attend. Didn't have to.

I worked at KOIL radio on Dodge for a while. Used to frequent Lippett's bottle shop and shopped for groceries at the Hinky Dinky at the Crossroads.

Youse guys are causing me to flash back to some heavy duty memories.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-30-2003, 02:42 PM
scottheaney

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay Dinky at the Crossroads.

Youse guys are causing me to flash back to some heavy duty memories. [/B]
As one of the SCOTTS I agree it is more than a little strange. Maybe this Omaha thing is contagious. Just talked to scottsubarus on the board yesterday for the first time. Sounds like he lives about fifteen minutes from me. Omaha is not a huge town, but I have only seen the other SVXers once or twice. At least his son's name is Jim (he is the actual owner of the SVX) which gives a little bit of "SCOTT separation".

These are definitely odd developments, but that is what is so fun about this network! We are a small SVX contingent here, but maybe as this rep grows we will rival the PA and Illinois folks.

Glad we could furnish the flash backs. Unfortunately most of these places you speak of are long gone. Crossroads is still kicking, but went through a very slow time 5 years ago. I don't know about the Joker, that very well could still be there. Council Bluffs still has a way of hanging on to those kind of places (major flash back atmosphere there for sure).