Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 08-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Subiechips group buy

I will offer a discount of $13 per person when purchasing as a group. You can organize yourselves into any size group that works for you. You can use this thread to do it. Say you want to buy a Subiechip...You can come in here and say "Hey I want to buy a Subiechip. Does anybody want to do a group buy with me?" If you get one other person to join you you will both get $26 off. If you get two people to join you all three of you will each get $39 off....so on and so on.

If an individual wants to buy a Subiechip but doesn't want to wait for someone else to join him or her they can still get a $13 discount. That will be our new network member discount. Just send me an email that says "Hey I'm on the subaru-svx.net SVX World Network. My paypal email address is nocupholder@svxguy.com please send me an invoice with the $13 discount."

Last edited by longassname; 08-25-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: updating group buy terms
Old 08-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Subiechips group buy

How about a maxed out Stage 1 chip? (Beyond v5) I'm about ready to put my Pearlie back on the Dyno (already baselined it on the same Dyno), so I'm willing to buy the chip and pay for the Dyno time. Engine is stock other than a true cold air pulling through a NACA duct in the side of the front bumper. The 4.44 trams behind it is controlled by one of your TCUs and has one if your custom valve bodies (installed by OT)

By maxed out, I mean full ignition advance, maxing out the stock injectors over the max torque rpm band, and allowing for at least a 7,000 rpm red line.

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Just some dude.

That sounds like current Subiechips tuning unless you are saying you want the fuel changed to spray all out whether the calculations from the air flow meter say it should or not.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:58 PM

Registered SVX

What are the discounts/group buy prices going to look like?
I currently have a stage 1 your latest version but am looking at z32 MAF and RB injectors
So would like stage 2
Old 08-16-2015, 05:04 PM

Registered SVX

Im interested, would this be z32 maf and injectors compatible or for stock hardware only?
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
Im interested, would this be z32 maf and injectors compatible or for stock hardware only?
With Subiechips I dropped the stage 1 / stage 2 / stage 3. The price is the same whether you ask for it for stock maf and injectors or for the z32 maf and 370cc injectors. The regular price is $329.

I was thinking if we could put together a group buy with 10 people I'd knock it all the way down to $199.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
What are the discounts/group buy prices going to look like?
I currently have a stage 1 your latest version but am looking at z32 MAF and RB injectors
So would like stage 2
You wouldn't need the group buy. You can buy an update ROM for $99.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:39 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
You wouldn't need the group buy. You can buy an update ROM for $99.
Good to know thank you.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:41 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
That sounds like current Subiechips tuning unless you are saying you want the fuel changed to spray all out whether the calculations from the air flow meter say it should or not.
Mike
No, the smell of unburnt gas coming out the tailpipes only works with all out race cars ;-)
What AF ratio is the v5 chip set up for across the max torque rpm band? What if it was tweaked to be close to 13:1 (I'm going out on a limb and figure you went richer with the v5 chip)
Thanks
Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 08-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Mike
No, the smell of unburnt gas coming out the tailpipes only works with all out race cars ;-)
What AF ratio is the v5 chip set up for across the max torque rpm band? What if it was tweaked to be close to 13:1 (I'm going out on a limb and figure you went richer with the v5 chip)
Thanks
Bill
Well 1v5 was ECUtune and very old ECUtune at that. The newer ECUtune Stage1av1 has tuning like what I use now for the Subiechips. Stage1av1 is where I started putting full performance ignition timing in the primary ignition table and foregoing the need to learn in ignition advance. Stage1av1 was much better than stage1v5. Subiechips tuning is like stage1av1 but is built on the JDM firmware instead of the US market firmware.

Current afr at wot is about 13 to 1.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Well 1v5 was ECUtune and very old ECUtune at that. The newer ECUtune Stage1av1 has tuning like what I use now for the Subiechips. Stage1av1 is where I started putting full performance ignition timing in the primary ignition table and foregoing the need to learn in ignition advance. Stage1av1 was much better than stage1v5. Subiechips tuning is like stage1av1 but is built on the JDM firmware instead of the US market firmware.

Current afr at wot is about 13 to 1.
Mike

what does going with the JDM firmware buy you in the way of greater Hp/Tq?

thanks

Bill

My Locker