Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2003, 02:34 AM
tuzem

Talking Got pulled over on a bike + SVX Sighting on a Car Auction ?!

Guess what happened to me just now hehe! I've rented this Buell X1 Lightning and I've been speeding around all day ( you can't imagine the feeling of a HD V-twin pulling a 400lb bike + a 225 ride with it's 100HP!) It's the mussle car of motorcycles! So, I have my sister and I'm showing her 0-60mph on this small street one block from home. She really licked the acceleration and asked me to do it again but I thought I shouldn't becauseI've been speeding too much today and that can't be good! So, instead we decide to try zig-zag on the yellow line on my street... next thing I know THERE IS A DAMN COP BEHIND ME!!! heheh Guy pulls me over right infront of my house!

Cop: "A Buell, huh? You wanna get one! I like them to. When I clocked you you were doing 39mph (limit's 25) --- that's when you were already slowing down! But I understand. Buell makes great bikes! I see you were testing it's cornering there also. That's OK though. Slow down for me if you would. "

I was nice of the guy to let me go I even asked him to turn off his blue lights because all the neighbours probably woke up ( I live on this circle with 4 outher houses and the acton took place around midnight). He said he couldn't turn them off (against procedure) but dimmed them instead.

How cool is that!!! I wish we had more SVX enthusiast police officers

Something else REALLY COOL:

I went to a public car auction today (where I got my SVX in June) and there was a Barcelona Red SVX for sale! 18-inch Enkei rims and new tires. Some kind of kick-ass exhaust and and a huge cone air intake. The guy had cut a hole in the quarter pannel (on the inside of course) to fit the sucker inthere (intake filter). The car had 155K miles on it. The bids got up to $2700 but the car didn't sell. I think the owner wanted around $5K...

and the BEST PART!!!:
On the front license plate holder there was a message:
"I can survive any crisis! I have an SVX!"

Must have been a forum member or some enthusiast.

-Nick