Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-19-2019, 07:21 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagtowner34 View Post
Think that junked NS SVX has high pressure ac hoses intact?
A phone call may be best. http://www.coveys.com/
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:23 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagtowner34 View Post
Think that junked NS SVX has high pressure ac hoses intact? Been searching for years! Have acquired 2 on line- 1 leaked and the other didn’t fit. Apparently the ‘92 has a different fitting than later years.
The LSi /LS-Tour had a different fitting then the L
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-28-2019, 09:03 AM

Registered SVX

I bought a 99 Forester S over the weekend, and had to fix the inside door handle on the passenger door, turned out the rod had slipped out, cruise control wasn't working vacuum line had come loose, and still have to replace or fix a leaking a/c condenser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-05-26 19.48.54.jpg (978.5 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-05-26 21.42.19.jpg (818.3 KB, 433 views)
Old 06-04-2019, 04:14 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Changed the fuel filter to an OEM one.

Got a quote to get a full paint job on the car. The shop was rated well but they were not interested in removing panels, which for nearly $5k I was surprised to hear.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflystyle View Post
Changed the fuel filter to an OEM one.

they were not interested in removing panels, which for nearly $5k I was surprised to hear.
I would think so.
When mine was painted the one place there was any rust was under the plastic panels.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:19 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

picked up all the door & trunk seals from the wreck I mentioned earlier plus a sunroof motor and the evaporator. Looks like the high pressure hoses are still there.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Registered SVX

So the 94 Emerald green "car for parts" is a good running entity again. Salvaged her from a Washington state auction for 750. oo with a claimed head gasket leak. Trailered home and leakage of coolant was bad radiator / hose clamp deterioration. new battery needed also. Replaced radiator with an aluminum version & hoses, water pump, thermostat, plugs, air filter, new belt rollers, nice Acura whls / tires, all belts and of course oil / coolant. Replaced head and front side-lights - both sides & found a set with PIAA lamps in them / polished before sent to me. Lucky there as I accidentally tossed the not-as-nice originals out with a dump run. I swear I tossed a busted set ? Anyway, hit key and bingo, test drives confirmed her new life. Interior next, had some water intrusion thru a bad sunroof seal. but no complaints on the driving factors and it's a looker. Another one that didn't bite the dust.

Last edited by Snooze2me; 06-13-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:41 PM

Registered SVX
?

So the 94 Emerald green "car for parts" is a good running entity again. Salvaged her from a Washington state auction for 750. oo with a claimed head gasket leak. Trailered home and leakage of coolant was bad radiator / hose clamp deterioration. new battery needed also. Replaced radiator with an aluminum version and hoses, water pump, thermostat, plugs, air filter, new belt rollers, nice Acura whls / tires, all belts and of course oil / coolant. Hit key and bingo, test drives confirmed her new life. Interior next, had some water intrusion thru a bad sunroof seal. but no complaints on the driving factors and it's a looker. Another one that didn't bite the dust.

Last edited by Snooze2me; 06-13-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: adding clarification
Old 06-13-2019, 05:15 PM

Great job!

Thanks for saving it!
Old 06-25-2019, 01:35 PM

Registered SVX

As I tore into the sunroof leak issue with my green "94", I discovered that the tray itself has rusted through in several locations. Ohio winters can be hard on metal and residual water / road salt collected in there and rotted the thin metal. Once everything is exposed I'll assess whether a repair would be possible. Bad enough that I'm thinking about leaving the frame assembly out and button down and seal up the roof component. Anyone ever encounter a sunroof frame rusting issue? And if so, how did you fix it short of buying a not-so-bad tray assembly? Thanks for any input you've got!
Old 07-05-2019, 09:05 PM

Registered SVX

I gingerly put back the sunroof knowing there was a serious rot / deterioration issue, Didn't think about the window roll-down at around 100 and son of a gun, the sunroof ripped out the remaining rust crap and went airborne, only saw a small object hit the road behind me but it's toast. Too damn funny to cry about, runs so good...damn. That was a defining moment, she's a convertible with no top now. But alas I'm onto a 5 years garage stored, 96. Current owner has had it 19 years but needing a radiator (maybe my AMR pushing the parts car around?). Not far from home and I'll gladly de-commission current project for this sweetie.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:55 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

If I remember correctly, one of the glass sunroofs from a similar vintage Subbie will fit the SVX.
Glad the old roof didn't cause any collateral damage!
Old 07-06-2019, 07:49 AM
dances with roads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooze2me View Post
I gingerly put back the sunroof knowing there was a serious rot / deterioration issue, Didn't think about the window roll-down at around 100 and son of a gun, the sunroof ripped out the remaining rust crap and went airborne, only saw a small object hit the road behind me but it's toast. Too damn funny to cry about, runs so good...damn. That was a defining moment, she's a convertible with no top now. But alas I'm onto a 5 years garage stored, 96. Current owner has had it 19 years but needing a radiator (maybe my AMR pushing the parts car around?). Not far from home and I'll gladly de-commission current project for this sweetie.
Flying sunroof -- that's a new one!
2012 Tacoma 4wd v6 Access Cab
2013 Mercedes E350 4Matic Wagon
2005 STi - totaled after 10 great years
1994 SVX LSi 5spd - sold but not forgotten
2000 Legacy GT 5spd sedan - gone after 150K miles of bliss
Old 07-08-2019, 04:08 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooze2me View Post
Wow, that is something.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:40 AM

Registered SVX

Installed Yellow LED fog bulbs and 4300K HID kit into the headlights