SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

Re: Every member please check in here!

Hi All,

Well I've positively drowned the other Aussies in enthusiastic longer than long intro posts, so I'll keep this one short for anyone who doesn't want to wander over and read them.

I bought a '92 SVX ten days ago and am absolutely delighted with her. Thought of starting a thread titled 'You know you're obsessed when....'

- you spend nearly five hours and a bottle and a half of leather conditioner polishing your seats.

But hey they look great! Pretty much all of what I thought were going to remain light scuff marks have come up just fine.

This is such a great community site and many thanks to the owners and administrators of the site. Thanks also to all the information, knowledge and experience so many share. I found the site while looking for information to decide whether or not to buy and it was largely because of what I found here that I took the leap and bought my girl.

So much for short....

chickie
aka
Tania.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Hi Tania / chickie!

It's good to have you along. There are plenty of people on here who are both able and willing to help if you have a problem.

You have a good car in the SVX. Assuming it has been cared for it may well give you no trouble at all, hopefully.

A bottle and a half of leather conditioner, eh? Sounds about right. A bottle and a half of red wine softens me up, bigtime.

Joe

PS Post pics!
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

[QUOTE=svxistentialist;559756]
Thanks for the warm welcome, Joe.

Quote:
A bottle and a half of leather conditioner, eh? Sounds about right. A bottle and a half of red wine softens me up, bigtime.
Now that made me laugh... AND I was drinking red wine at the time.

I find the community and willingness to help each other out here amazing. Guess that's what shared passion does.

By her general condition, especially the interior, I think she has been looked after most of her life. The last owner was a bit rough on the paintwork, so she has a few scrapes/dings and isn't nearly as pretty of most I've seen here - yet. Guaranteed I'll be asking lots of questions!

Tania.

p.s. The mountain range you can't really see in the background was our destination.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Our first real outing2s.JPG (47.0 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg Our first real outing3s.JPG (33.4 KB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg Our first real outing_s.JPG (35.3 KB, 564 views)
Old 08-20-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDexler View Post
Hi, K Dub
I can't believe it. Another SVXer in the Valley. I'm in Chatsworth, and I work out of my house, so I'm home most of the time. I've had my SVX two weeks under a year now, and have seen only two others in that time. I'm keeping mine mechanically stock because I like the way it feels as a cruiser. Besides, I have two other cars that are 5-speed manual. We should try to get together.
Paul
Howdy all. A first post here for me. Small world, Paul - I grew up in the San Fernando Valley, living variously in Northridge, Canoga Park, and Chatsworth; went to Chatsworth High. Finally escaped to the Seattle area in '94. And I don't miss the heat and the smog one bit!

I have a '96 L, Polo Green, bought new and it's been my daily driver ever since. It just turned 120K today, as a matter of fact. I fell in love with the SVX from first sight, which was the initial article in Car and Driver, if I recall. Couldn't afford it at the time, but was able to once 1996 rolled around (knowing too by then that time was running out...).

Happy to join you all here and looking forward to reading interesting things about this wonderful car...
Old 08-22-2008, 11:30 PM

New here. Just picked up a 1 owner silver 121k '92 LS-L for $1200!!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Sunvalleyray here in SLC.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 AM
There is no charge for Awesome

Send a message via AIM to Chuckles
Registered SVX

I've been away, so I can't recall checking in on this one or not. Still drive my SVX, still get offers to buy her every time I stop for gas, and I still own her because people just don't get why I won't let her be driven into the ground. Mines a 91 (92 model year) with 110k miles, and while she gives me some problems we all have with our cars, she purrs like a Ferrari and gets similar looks.

Jason Griffin
U.S.C.G (Houston-Galveston)
Homestate: MA
Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
1992 SVX WHITEPEARL

my92svx bought in2002,importrom japan to new zealand,92,000km,5-6years on,now 133000km,running great,most impressive is the enjoyment of when u step on the pedal,it shoots like an rocket.,good feeling everytime u accelerate.....similar to subaru twin turbo...i just found out this site and join injuly08,cant belieive there are so many svx owners around in the states,not much in n.z though.,most of which import from japan secondhanded...
2003 TOYOTA PREVIA

Last edited by tigersvx; 09-06-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 AM

this reply tastes like burnt toast.....

Whats up all, my best friend and I just bought our first SVX's mine is a 96 Brillant Red with 60,000 miles on it. Aside from some faded paint in the same old places its in showroom shape! I am finally able to afford my dream car and can't wate to talk about it! :P

later
Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 AM

Its good to say I have an SVX

I have to confess that I have been lurking since the start of the year. Purchased my '92 SVX in April and then had a fair bit of work done on it. Love driving it. Look forward to participating more in the future rather than lurking.

Cheers
Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 PM

hi, i just got my red 96 svx on the road. my first car was a 87subaru brat and after that i had a 89bmw325ic, but i missed the fun subaru offered plus i was sure i would have killed myself in the little bimmer eventually. its different having such a heavy car but when it comes time to accelerate onto the highway or pass cars i can see why these are becoming popular.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Worth the trip

Just got my first svx- a 92 LS-L liquid silver/black with 102000 miles but only 30000 on the trans. Had to go out to Minnesota and trailer it back to the lake michigan shore but spending over $300 bucks on gas and a trailer and driving 700 miles round trip was definitely worth it.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile

Hi everyone!

Checking in after a very long time away.
Getting the info together to post my ebony '92 for sale. It had a bearing go after Reading 3 years ago, and then the driver side fixed glass was knocked out by a tree limb and the brakes failed. Financial problems reared their ugly head, and I have never gotten around to getting it repaired so I think I'll just post it on the "for sale" section soon. Probably be asking about $600 since it will have to be trailered or taken on a roll-back.

I sure miss the chats we used to have here...Randy, Larry, John, Harry, Ron ("The Snowshoe Gang") and our other friends.

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXphile View Post
Hi everyone!

Getting the info together to post my ebony '92 for sale. It had a bearing go after Reading 3 years ago, and then the driver side fixed glass was knocked out by a tree limb and the brakes failed. Financial problems reared their ugly head, and I have never gotten around to getting it repaired so I think I'll just post it on the "for sale" section soon. Probably be asking about $600 since it will have to be trailered or taken on a roll-back.

I sure miss the chats we used to have here...Randy, Larry, John, Harry, Ron ("The Snowshoe Gang") and our other friends.

Don
Damn, Don. I really hate this for you, 'cause I know how much you love the SVX - Jean too!!
I wish I had the space (and the money) to buy it from you. Even if I did have the funds, I would have to move Ruth's car out of the garage, and you KNOW that wouldn't work.

Hang tough guy!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXphile View Post
Hi everyone!

Don
Geez Don, how've you been??

I was beginning to think one of them windmills knocked you off your pony, or something.

Seems a pity to be selling it, but money is money, I know how it goes. Like Harry says, hang in there!

Great to hear from you.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl