How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Breck SVX

Bulletproof SVX?

I was filling up my car the other morning and i went in to pre-pay. The cashier asked me if my windows were bulletproof. Apperantly her boyfriend had told her that SVXs have the windows like they do because they're bulletproof. "Hell yeah," I told her. Just thought that was interesting, never heard that before.

-Alex
Old 02-23-2003, 03:09 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
There are companies that will turn your car into a light armored vehicle for 20 grand. They put these cloth sheets called Impack that will make your car bulletproof. They also change out your windshield and windows as well as put in run flats. There was a special on the travel channel
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 02-23-2003, 05:59 PM

He'd say anything impressive to get into her pants....!
Old 02-23-2003, 06:00 PM
SVXdriver_007

Of course it adds some weight so you'll have to take that into consideration when it comes to out-manuevering the bad guy. Oh and of course since it is heavier it is also slower meaning it may be bulletproof but won't save you when they catch up in their H2 and run your A$$ of the road.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:20 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Bot atleast you'll have AWD!!! If I didn't care about my SVX I'd go down a gravel road if bad guys where chasing me... Whooo hooo!!!!! Look out Colin McRea!!!!! I love gravel rallying, that's all we would do for fun in Australia.... My dad had an old Suby that he let me drive.... The weekends my buddies turned the dirt woads around the small town that I lived in (Willunga) into our own Rally corses!!!!! What a Blast..... I never wrecked yet, maybe I should contact Subaru and try to get in on thier Rally Program!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Bot atleast you'll have AWD!!! If I didn't care about my SVX I'd go down a gravel road if bad guys where chasing me... Whooo hooo!!!!! Look out Colin McRea!!!!! I love gravel rallying, that's all we would do for fun in Australia.... My dad had an old Suby that he let me drive.... The weekends my buddies turned the dirt woads around the small town that I lived in (Willunga) into our own Rally corses!!!!! What a Blast..... I never wrecked yet, maybe I should contact Subaru and try to get in on thier Rally Program!!!
Wow, green... dont break your "!" key.

Mike
Old 02-24-2003, 09:54 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by TE1221
There are companies that will turn your car into a light armored vehicle for 20 grand. They put these cloth sheets called Impack that will make your car bulletproof. They also change out your windshield and windows as well as put in run flats. There was a special on the travel channel

SVX has too many curved windows. That replacement can never happen because of that. Also, they put in a second alternator as well as a second battery. I can think of a room in the trunk for the second battery but do we even have room for a second alternator?

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Bulletproof SVX?

Quote:
Originally posted by Breck SVX
I was filling up my car the other morning and i went in to pre-pay. The cashier asked me if my windows were bulletproof. Apperantly her boyfriend had told her that SVXs have the windows like they do because they're bulletproof. "Hell yeah," I told her. Just thought that was interesting, never heard that before.

-Alex
I think a more likely explanation is that her boyfriend didn't know the answer, so he made one up.

Bulletproof...I have to say that's the first time I've heard that one. But I bet it's not the last time we'll be asked about it. Look at the '30 extra hp' BS.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-24-2003, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
Of course it adds some weight so you'll have to take that into consideration when it comes to out-manuevering the bad guy. Oh and of course since it is heavier it is also slower meaning it may be bulletproof but won't save you when they catch up in their H2 and run your A$$ of the road.
I'll run H2 off the road. But Hummers, I'd ran away from them. Having sat in one when driving in the middle of the desert, all I can say is that Humvees rule! I assume civilian Hummers are nearly as good. But H2??? push them in the water and they'll sink.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 02-24-2003, 06:05 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I'll run H2 off the road. But Hummers, I'd ran away from them. Having sat in one when driving in the middle of the desert, all I can say is that Humvees rule! I assume civilian Hummers are nearly as good. But H2??? push them in the water and they'll sink.

L
Well maybe not the H2 but this one here has got your number, weather your bullet proof or not.
http://web2.airmail.net/bcunning/losat2.mpg
Old 02-24-2003, 06:22 PM
svxtremist2001

Bulletproof! ha that is a good one they come up with these new ones every day no doubt! Big gun kick the hell out of you, know what I mean?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Well maybe not the H2 but this one here has got your number, weather your bullet proof or not.
Thats the regular Humvee. I love the hummer/humvee. That I'd own. I'd have to shoot myself before buying an H2 though.

L
Old 02-24-2003, 08:25 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Thats the regular Humvee. I love the hummer/humvee. That I'd own. I'd have to shoot myself before buying an H2 though.

L
Call me immature but watching the tank blow up makes me happy
Old 02-25-2003, 06:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:

Quite satisfying to watch. I LOVE that "whump" sound as the missile slams into that tank!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
The H2 is nothing but a rebodied GMC pickup. Hummer is marketing it well but the fact that it is a worthless turd off road will go unnoticed by most of it's owners as it will never see anything worst than the occasional snow storm. They need to come up with a more refined vehicle with the same suspension that made the original Hummer so great and special.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.