How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-06-2002, 03:59 AM

Thumbs up GT3

Thanx for the answers!

I once played GT2 and it's a really good game.
But then I played GT3 and I didn't want to go back anymore to the GT2 game.

It's still a great game (gampleay, a lot of common cars), but the graphics in GT3 are sweets for my eyes.
I often watch my replies, only cause of the graphics

I hope GT4 will be what it promises!

mfg hrc
Old 12-06-2002, 09:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
Moving along the sub-thread that got started re: xbox..

my uncle bought an xbox last year and i finally got the chance to play it.. i must say that i wasn't terribly impressed. I played two games: Halo and Project Gotham Racing.. After GT3, I've been jaded to the point where sometimes driving a REAL car isn't even enough fun. So needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with Proj. Gotham..

I seriously don't see the big fuss everyone made about Halo when it first came out. It's a first-person shooter, and XBox's graphics capabilities leave a lot to be desired.. the game seemed difficult to make out, plus the XBox's controller sucks a pair of.. wheel bearings.. so it was really tough to control. I'll take a mouse & keyboard over a stupid controller for an FPC any day.

In fact, the XBox's weakest point seems to lie in its unusually-shaped controller. It's big, akward, and stupid-looking with those sort-of-transparent colored buttons.. I dunno, I think that Sony really has got the right idea with their stock PS2 controllers.. they fit very nicely in the hand and everything is nice and reachable.

okay I'm done.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how it came as NO surprise to me that a good number of XBox's had to be sent back to Microsoft because they weren't booting properly! HAH!!

=A-Dogg
You're mistaking actual graphics capabilities with the uses that those capabilities have been put towards. While it's not the only reason to buy a console, I assure you that the XBox's 'graphics capabilities' are quite substantial. It is not 'weak' in this area by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with you - I don't care for the XBox's controller, either. The Controller S is an improvement, but only slightly.

As for the XBox's launch titles, I agree that the library was a little weak. Halo is a fantastic game, though, for the most part. I don't like Project Gotham Racing, either. Anyway, there are plenty of 'must-have' XBox titles now. I waited to buy an XBox, too - but I got one eventually because the library is really strong now.

Sorry. I didn't mean this to be a sales pitch. This is just a topic I know a little bit about.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Kolombian013X

That was funny
Old 12-06-2002, 01:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Kolombian013X