How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 04-20-2008, 12:06 AM

Sweet Meet!!

Haha meat..

Anyways, coming from a generally non-SVX or Subaru guy for that matter I really enjoyed this weekend, you guys rock! It was great to see there are people out there of all ages that care about these cars like their literally a part of their family, I saw some engine bays that had almost 100,000 miles and looked like they just rolled off the showroom floor. Kudos to you guys that keep your rides so well maintained, I know I could NEVER do that as well as some of you do. Also I've never met such a friendly group of car owners in my life, no one was snooty or holier-than-thou and everyone was willing to help each other with whatever. I saw one member helping another clean his MAF, one member donated Paladinwkh (my "in" to Reading) a resistor to help his tranny shift better on our near 400 mile ride back to his house. I saw TomSVX installing an intake on a members car like it was cake, SVXFiles was helping people nonstop with his knowledge and scan tool, got to ride in his half supercharged car but it was a great change from a plain jane SVX, the gears and exhaust are definitely a must for anyone who doesn't have them! Dr SUS was a badass whip, definitely my cup of tea, saw some colors I've never seen before like Emerald and Polo and saw more rim combinations then I've ever seen before. The B9 Tribeca wheels looked surprisingly good, whoever you are...

Hell it's 2am Saturday night and there is still a group of people under the tent chatting and drinking the night away, now that's dedication! Earl flew in from what, Washington or Oregon?? That's serious man, and your collection is impressive as hell, keep up the good work!

I'm sure this is all old hat to you guys but coming from a first timer Reading IX was pretty badass and I'm looking forward to Reading X, I should have a car ready to compete with TomSVX and SVXfiles by then so it should be fun times!

I'll be posting up all my pictures tomorrow or Monday when I get home and have some free time, I took about 150 pictures I think, nothing special but it's something!

I'm noticing more and more spelling and grammatical errors as I proof-read but I haven't slept much in the past couple days and am posting while watching Mythbusters so cut me some slack!

-Chris
(Yankees hat + NASTE Northeast Assosciation of Syclone and Typhoon Enthusiasts black shirt for those who can't put a name to the ugly face)
1994 Oldsmobile Bravada - 93 GMC Typhoon Drivetrain, 3" TBE, Catco HF Cat, Magnaflow Muffler, 38mm Tial Wastegate, ATR Pitbull Chip, Walbro 255, Kenne Bell Cold Air, Kenne Bell AFPR, GReddy Profec 2, Apexi Turbo Timer, E-Fan, WS6 Wheels. Launch-O-Matic
2007 Mazdaspeed6 - 13.9 @ 96.98mph Bone Stock. Totalled In A Head-On Collision 12/10/07
1993 Chevy S10 Blazer - 4 door, 5 speed, 4.3 V6. BALLIN!

Last edited by KFC_Or_Bust; 04-20-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:10 AM

Registered SVX
Arrow Great Meet.

Did you see my96 Polo? Im from Waterbury, CT. My wife and I got there around 7:15PM Sat. night. We left around 9:45PM I left it with Earl, and he is driving it down to SVXfiles house to be worked on. It was parked next to Svxcess, john hoffmans 96 Polo.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:12 AM

I'm sure I did see it, I really like the Polo color, I didn't even know they made a green shade other than teal but now I know better!
1994 Oldsmobile Bravada - 93 GMC Typhoon Drivetrain, 3" TBE, Catco HF Cat, Magnaflow Muffler, 38mm Tial Wastegate, ATR Pitbull Chip, Walbro 255, Kenne Bell Cold Air, Kenne Bell AFPR, GReddy Profec 2, Apexi Turbo Timer, E-Fan, WS6 Wheels. Launch-O-Matic
2007 Mazdaspeed6 - 13.9 @ 96.98mph Bone Stock. Totalled In A Head-On Collision 12/10/07
Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 AM

Registered SVX
KFC or Bust, are planning on gettina an SVX? Whats with your username?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:46 AM

Planning, no, not in the near future with limited funds and other projects on my plate. If I happen to get un-poor I'd love to snag one with a blown engine or tranny and shoehorn an lsx in there...Just pipe dreams right now though.

Username...It's an old running joke from my freshman year in high school.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:55 AM
One teal and One yellow

Definitely feel everything of what you said.

Because of this car, I've met lot of nice people.

It's one of the best vacations if you can make it...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust View Post
...-Chris
(Yankees hat + NASTE Northeast Assosciation of Syclone and Typhoon Enthusiasts black shirt for those who can't put a name to the ugly face)
Are you the guy that drove one of Will's cars down? And ran his Legacy out at Maple Grove??
Old 04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust View Post
Haha meat..

Anyways, coming from a generally non-SVX or Subaru guy for that matter I really enjoyed this weekend, you guys rock! It was great to see there are people out there of all ages that care about these cars like their literally a part of their family, I saw some engine bays that had almost 100,000 miles and looked like they just rolled off the showroom floor. Kudos to you guys that keep your rides so well maintained, I know I could NEVER do that as well as some of you do. Also I've never met such a friendly group of car owners in my life, no one was snooty or holier-than-thou and everyone was willing to help each other with whatever. I saw one member helping another clean his MAF, one member donated Paladinwkh (my "in" to Reading) a resistor to help his tranny shift better on our near 400 mile ride back to his house. I saw TomSVX installing an intake on a members car like it was cake, SVXFiles was helping people nonstop with his knowledge and scan tool, got to ride in his half supercharged car but it was a great change from a plain jane SVX, the gears and exhaust are definitely a must for anyone who doesn't have them! Dr SUS was a badass whip, definitely my cup of tea, saw some colors I've never seen before like Emerald and Polo and saw more rim combinations then I've ever seen before. The B9 Tribeca wheels looked surprisingly good, whoever you are...

Hell it's 2am Saturday night and there is still a group of people under the tent chatting and drinking the night away, now that's dedication! Earl flew in from what, Washington or Oregon?? That's serious man, and your collection is impressive as hell, keep up the good work!

I'm sure this is all old hat to you guys but coming from a first timer Reading IX was pretty badass and I'm looking forward to Reading X, I should have a car ready to compete with TomSVX and SVXfiles by then so it should be fun times!

I'll be posting up all my pictures tomorrow or Monday when I get home and have some free time, I took about 150 pictures I think, nothing special but it's something!

I'm noticing more and more spelling and grammatical errors as I proof-read but I haven't slept much in the past couple days and am posting while watching Mythbusters so cut me some slack!

-Chris

I'm so far behind that it might take me a year to catch up! I will do my best to have the ol' 92 silver rockin' before Reading X!! I really wanted to go this year.... I've met a lot of these people!! Met none that I wouldn't walk up to and shake hands in public.. Great people!! fun cars!!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
Are you the guy that drove one of Will's cars down? And ran his Legacy out at Maple Grove??
Yup that'd be me! With a blistering time of 17.2 might I add, didn't launch it just rolled out of the clutch and cut an amazing 2.4 60ft and missed notchy 3rd and crossed the traps at a whole 79mph. Fun times though besides Maple Grove being lame with bracket racing instead of test n tune.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: