Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-15-2007, 07:24 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Anybody have Sirius/XM in their SVX?

Where did you run the antenna wire? Turns out the trunk isn't magnetic, so I was thinking of mounting it right in front of the sunroof.. Anybody have a better idea? Routing the wire for that would be a big pita but I don't know of anywhere else.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

I have it on the roof above the center of windshield. I heard it can also work between the rear speakers and thereby stay inside car. I also have the $20 fm modulator so I get much better reception. You can plug this in at the driver's side right front where the double antenna connection is. The down side is the stereo can't choose the best internal vs external antenna.

I have my sirius cradle mounted right in front of emergency parking brake with some velcro.
Used to have: 1994 Pearlie, 40,945 miles, PWR Radiator, Motorsports Aluminum Crank Pulley, Raceconcepts Stainless Brake Lines, Axxis Ceramic Brake Pads, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, BBS STi 17 Silver Wheels, Toyo Proxe4 225/45/17 tires, New Dekka Battery, Unauthordox Racing Oil Cap -- adds 3.14 hp, OEM Coin Holder FFTDS aka Force Field Theft Deterent System. Magnetic oil drain plug, Purolator larger oil filter. Now she's in good caring hands at Earls place.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I'll try putting the antenna mount in the rear window. Where did you run the wires for that? I'll probably fab something to fit the face thing where my ashtray is since I don't smoke anymore.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I have the magnet mount antenna on the speaker grill on the rear deck, I have the antenna line running up the side of the car, under the door sill and across under the dash.

I have the radio sitting in front of the DIN pocket under the stereo. I have the power chord hard wired in, down below the radio cage. The wires sneak up under the DIN pocket and have about 6" coiled up so I can pull it out like a remote. When I want, I can tuck it in the pocket and close the door.

I also wired up a switch to disable the power antenna for the stereo
Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
I ran my antenna wire through the hole in the firewall and put the antenna at the windshield edge of my hood, in the center, assuming you have the small xm antenna, it looks fine there. The bonus is no exposed wires, or pressure of windows/doors/sunroof closing on the wire.

Skip

also, I bought a mounting kit at best buy, that is basically just a bent piece of flat metal, with some mounting attachments, I stuck it in the dash on the right side of the the steering wheel, I'll try to snap some pix of it tomorrow if you are interested in seeing it. An extra note, the radio mounting kit is the exact same as the ipod mounting kit, except that the ipod kit has white plastic parts and is about 10 dollars cheaper, or at least it was when I bought it.

Last edited by Dengue; 05-16-2007 at 07:54 PM.