Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-13-2006, 11:53 AM

Ebay Caught up to Blueclaretsvx?

Looks like Ebay finally caught up to Blueclaretsvx aka "jdm_sti_typer" as he is no longer a registered user. User being the key word. looks like we may have seen the last of him here as well as he has been MIA the past week, thank goodness. If anyone is still on the hook with this guy I will have his phone number when my cell phone bill shows up at the end of the month. Happy to share PM me.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
He'll be back. Just give him a month or 2.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
And a new name
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Sorry but I have to butt in here.

Yes, he did try to scam many people and got away with it with a few people.

Yes, he keeps comming back after numerous times of asking moderaters to perminantly block his IP adress.

No, do not share his phone #. I am not sure that is even legal and it is not the way I would like to see things carried out by members on this board. It is not fair to anyone to share personal information regardless of how bad someone got shafted. If he is harassed he can and probobly will call the police and that will end up with both parties having to go to court and the harasser getting fined and having it on their record. It is much wiser just to keep your eyes open for stuff like this and make sure any new members check out before making purchases from them.

Tom
Old 07-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Yes, he keeps comming back after numerous times of asking moderaters to perminantly block his IP adress.

No, do not share his phone #. I am not sure that is even legal and it is not the way I would like to see things carried out by members on this board. It is not fair to anyone to share personal information regardless of how bad someone got shafted. If he is harassed he can and probobly will call the police and that will end up with both parties having to go to court and the harasser getting fined and having it on their record. It is much wiser just to keep your eyes open for stuff like this and make sure any new members check out before making purchases from them.

Tom
Couldn't have put it any better...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-13-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Yes, he keeps coming back after numerous times of asking moderaters to perminantly block his IP adress.

Tom
Makes sense and seams to be the proper thing to do, but what about the member that did get taken advantage of? Should they not have the opportunity to contact the guy to resolve the situation? Blueclaretsvx was very secretive about who he was, resfused to meet at his place, never gave out his number, and always asked for yours so he could call . Even then he had his number blocked. I not saying lets post his number in a public place and harass him. I'm saying if you have outstanding issues with him, I can get you his number. Think of it as 411. I will not release this number to anyone till more people way in on this issue. Should he really be protected from the people he took advantage of??
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
One teal and One yellow

scam watch

Perhaps moderators or some can keep an eye on those new members(watch their first 10 posts or more..) especially once they registered and their first few posts are selling stuff.....

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 07-13-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Tom
Tom:

I am really confused now, in another post on the same topic you asked if anyone could PM you his phone number so you could compare it to the one you had before. How is this any differnt??
Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
IfYouRead,TomAldredyHASTheNumber.HeWantsToKnowIfIt 'sTheSameto
MakeYetAnotherPositiveIdentificaionThatItIsWhoWeTh inkItIs
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 07-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
If I had the money for shipping, I'd send you a friggin keyboard.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Eric:

Don't take this the wrong way and maybe I am just playing Devils Advocate, but I don't see the difference. Either it is ethical to share a number when you have been scammed or it isn't. Just because Tom says he has the number for a scammer that appeared last year, why is it okay for me to send him The new scammers phone number so he can compare? Then anyone could say "send me the number so I can see if it is the same guy". Now I realize Tom has been on this forum for some time and appears to be a very trusted guy. So do we change the rules and make it ok to PM him a phone number and no one else that may have been burned? And by chance lets say it is the same guy - so what - do we start sharing the number then?

I am really confused on what the RIGHT thing is to do. I see Tom's point of not sharing, but then I don't see why its okay to share when he asks. (nothing personal Tom - just a good example of when is it OK)

Still looking for more feedback from members.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Why not send the last 5 digets of the number to compare? It takes 10 to complete the call, but likley if the 5 match then it is the same guy, and perhaps no ethics were broken
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Perhaps moderators or some can keep an eye on those new members(watch their first 10 posts or more..) especially once they registered and their first few posts are selling stuff.....
We already do that.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
We do check the IP address (believe me that's the first thing I checked on Blue) but his has been different every time. Close in area but different enough that it isn't a definite that it is him. It was even a different part of town when I mapped it. If we IP ban the domain we could lose other members.

The mods and admins try to keep a watch on this but we gotta have some common sense around here. People have to be careful buying from new members. It would also be unfair for us to jump on every single person who shows up with 2 posts and is parting out a car. The vast majority of them are legit.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

I pestered ebay with multiple emails until they banned the guy. What a hassle. But I thought it was worth my time to go through the process so other people do not get screwed.

Eventually ebay also gave me the name/address/phone number he registered under. It may or may not be correct. I know the info they have on me is for my old apartment. Phone number is no longer even correct.

I do agree with Getndrty in that I will share his contact info with others if they need it. People who may have been shafted by this guy may not be able to get in contact with him and they should be provided the data necessary to get their money back. I know that I would have appreciated it. As of right now, the only punishment this guy has had is to have his little used ebay account banned. Big whoop. Probably has very little affect on a guy like that. He is tool and a few calls to remind him of that may not be bad thing.

-Matt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: