Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-22-2006, 11:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
Well, I guess I was wrong...

I'd defiantly ditch the "look I'm a Pontiac" bumper in favor of what comes on the Holden Monaro:

And how about a nice twin turbo kit good for 600+ HP. And it's only $12k (AU I think).
I hope that nose becomes available here as an aftermarket piece. I really dont care for the front (or rear for that matter) of the goat, its just too plain for whats under the hood. if it werent yellow, no one would notice it.

I was conceived on the hood of the last Pontiac my parents owned. Needless to say, we have rules about what happens on the hoods of cars around here now days, lord knows we dont need anymore of me running around.

I want the new challenger thats not out yet. Its similar to the charger but longer and without the goofy body line (i think, i havent seen very many up close photos) I hope it comes in purple with a hemi They need to bring back the demon and stir up the bible thumpers again. (Built only in 71 and 72, bible thumpers were offended by the name and threatened to boycott dodge so the changed it to dodge dart sport. Not as cool IMO.)
Old 06-23-2006, 01:09 AM
One teal and One yellow

my fren had one 04 GTO V8 5.7 then he turbocharged it and got the dyno about more than 420wbhp. i loved his car. the interior is clean, simple and sporty. in my opinion, that's the best value for money you can get for a V8 sport coupe. it's a drag racing car more than an auto x car. he got one of the last for the autox rankings(too much power) i rode with him before, it rode so smooth, quiet. i told him his car was a king of the highway. 6spd crusing thru the west viginia mountain roads like a piece of cake. it was so easy and anytime get to 120, 130 till 160mph if you want ..

and, he traded his car for a lil slower but more luxurious performance SUV

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
my fren had one 04 GTO V8 5.7 then he turbocharged it and got the dyno about more than 420wbhp.
That's it
Old 06-23-2006, 04:26 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
That's it
hahaha the 04 GTO was a V8 5.7 with a stock of 350hp.....the about 420hp on the wheels from the dyno after turbocharged was pretty good. that's it yeah...hahaha if you put NOS on that will be quicker. he was the only GTO with 19" wheels in town, very cool-looking.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:44 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
Geeez, Ken...yer killin' me here!

I gotta forward this to my buds in South Daytona. They may have to re-write some lyrics - just for you.
it's true. my dad got a new car while my parents were dating. they didn't live together before they got married and i was born 7 months after the wedding. my mom was still in high school so what are the chances? besides, one of my parent's told me so about 20 years ago.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Certified Porschephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
So what was that, like last week?
I'm done now. But I'm captain of the exclusive 3 user names club. Rob/ca$h/chicane/whatever doesn't count. They were all new accounts.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Quote:
that's it yeah...hahaha if you put NOS on that will be quicker.
Will it run 9's with two of the big bottles?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
hahaha the 04 GTO was a V8 5.7 with a stock of 350hp.....the about 420hp on the wheels from the dyno after turbocharged was pretty good. that's it yeah...hahaha if you put NOS on that will be quicker. he was the only GTO with 19" wheels in town, very cool-looking.
It's 350hp at the crank though right? What's the stock whp?

The 600hp kit I posted made 493hp at the wheels @ 8psi and with the restrictive stock exhaust.

BTW, wasn't it Top Gear that praised the GTO for its handling? I can understand it being overpowered for a small auto-x course though.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 06-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
It's 350hp at the crank though right? What's the stock whp?

The 600hp kit I posted made 493hp at the wheels @ 8psi and with the restrictive stock exhaust.

BTW, wasn't it Top Gear that praised the GTO for its handling? I can understand it being overpowered for a small auto-x course though.
That turbo GTO that he mentioned was likely an STS kit. They are cheap and simple rear mounted kits that don't make big-turbo power (but also don't require a FMIC, huge injectors, or major tuning). LPE made a 900rwhp turbo kit for the LS2 GTO. Really all that does is make you a slave to TireRack.com.

The only problem the GTO really has in handling is it's weight. At about 3850lb's, it's too freakin heavy. Other than that, it handles quite well from my experience.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Oh and the 2004 GTO's dyno between 290-305rwhp.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:11 AM
One teal and One yellow

Yeah, my fren installed the turbo kit by himself. It's the less expensive type but still produced obvious horsepower different....

I ain't sure it will hit 9s or never (stop halfway ), ...but the turbo helped him to cut down about 1 sec.

the 04 was V8 5.7 came with 350hp....when 05' and up, is V8 6.0 with 400hp.....

I never got a chance to drive his car so I don't know how much different it handles from an SVX. He said the handling was average......it was not doing good in a small AutoX course. He started the car with 2nd gear, it was still spinning rear wheels ...

Old 06-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Certified Porschephile

I like the idea of the GTO, but not at $34k+. For that kind of money you can get a new 3 series BMW or a used M3 or M5. The rustang sells so well because of all the women who buy the $20k 6 cylinder version. Pontiac needs a $28k GTO and it needs better looks.

I also agree with Shadow on one thing, WAY to heavy.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:19 PM
TheSTig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
and now I want one. Badly. If you've ever felt 400hp under you foot while being wrapped into one of the most comfortable interiors ever made, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. My impressions on these cars were "it's just a grand am with 400hp" until last night when my buddy let me drive his. Such a nice car. All that power is delivered at any rpm, something you'll never find in a 4 or 6 cylinder.

By the way, he just sold his 400hp WRX for this and I drove that too.. imo he made a very good choice.
Heck yes. I love how unassumign they are too. I'd tear the badging off it and put on steelies and hubcaps, try to make it look more like an older lumina. Great car, great engine, tons of torque and RWD= a blast to drive. As long as it isn't snowing.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:21 PM
TheSTig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
I hope that nose becomes available here as an aftermarket piece. I really dont care for the front (or rear for that matter) of the goat, its just too plain for whats under the hood. if it werent yellow, no one would notice it.

I was conceived on the hood of the last Pontiac my parents owned. Needless to say, we have rules about what happens on the hoods of cars around here now days, lord knows we dont need anymore of me running around.

I want the new challenger thats not out yet. Its similar to the charger but longer and without the goofy body line (i think, i havent seen very many up close photos) I hope it comes in purple with a hemi They need to bring back the demon and stir up the bible thumpers again. (Built only in 71 and 72, bible thumpers were offended by the name and threatened to boycott dodge so the changed it to dodge dart sport. Not as cool IMO.)
Wasn't aware of the bit of demon trivia, that's great! HAHHA. Anyway, the SRT4 is kinda a demon.... I mean, demon= dodge's ****tiest little car with a big engine shoved in it, so, same idea in theory.

That new challenger is gorgeous. Too bad the current charger is so freaking awful looking.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I brought some ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSTig
As long as it isn't snowing.
no, that's when it gets really fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: