Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcat55371
I hope to have it on the road next summer.
Then you can do some of this!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tow truck burn out.JPG (249.8 KB, 234 views)

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 07-11-2006, 07:42 PM

Heres an update

Project is going to have to slow down now because of the cost to replace the trans in the SVX. Lost a great friend over the weekend and funeral is tomorrow. Needed to keep my mind busy tonight so I messed with the car frame. Ron would have loved to see this finished.

You will be missed Ron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dframe4.jpg (55.9 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg dframe5.jpg (62.1 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg dframe6.jpg (68.9 KB, 230 views)
Old 07-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Project is going to have to slow down now because of the cost to replace the trans in the SVX. Lost a great friend over the weekend and funeral is tomorrow. Needed to keep my mind busy tonight so I messed with the car frame. Ron would have loved to see this finished.

You will be missed Ron.
I have recently lost a friend, and know what it feels like!! ( IT SUCKS!!)
Sometimes a set of wrenches and a welder can put the world 'on hold' for a while!!

As for the SVX ( 4:44's!!!!)

Jerry
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Locker Link Solution

Sorry to hear that. Just lost the brother in law to be. I wasn't close to him, but it has been horrible to watch my sister through all this. She is getting a memorial tatoo on Sat. I hope it helps her, but I'm afraid it may just hurt more. We lost a few family members this year, so it makes it that much worse.

Hope you are doing well. Good luck with the tranny issues too.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Now with more color

Quote:

You will be missed Ron.

As for the project. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!!!
I have been watching this post for too long without an update!!!

Inform us of the progress, or come for a sholder to cry on!!!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Locker Link Solution

Yeah, I even got excited thinking there was an update when I saw this thread just now.

Jerry, do you have pics of the "xt40"?
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
Yeah, I even got excited thinking there was an update when I saw this thread just now.

Jerry, do you have pics of the "xt40"?
I have pics of (2) houses that were/are being painted, (4) garages that are being finished, a street rod that is going to the Labor Day Round Up in primer, and fenderless,( My baby is going to the prom naked), and a time card that shows "vacation, DENIED".
My Middle-aged a$$ is starting to drag!!
I just ordered ANOTHER $1,200 worth of tin roofing, have smeared 47 gallons of paint, and really would like to go fishing ONCE this year!!

I did actually get a chance to put a coat of rust-proof paint on the frame of the 47 Dodge on sunday, ( the wife was out of town)
I have every intention of doing this GT40/ Subi, but the timing has been pushed back by 'what I GOTTA do first'!!

It will be worth the wait!! The most recent pic is my avatare, but the GARAGE looks a lot different!

I also bought a 52 plymouth unfinished street rod project the other day.

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 08-29-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
I hope to have it on the road next summer.
WAZZZZUP W the project???
While I was building the carport for the 85 XT sat, the guy that inherited the 4 BAY GARAGE that sits 6 FEET from my new carport stopped by to mow the grass.
We had a discussion about the 'worth' of said garage, and came to an agreement!!!!
I called my banker on Monday AM, and asked what we could DO about this!!
He is supposed to call me thursday AM, with a CLOSING DATE!!! I haven't talked to the banker since 3:00 today, and everything was "going well"!!!!! The garage comes with a house that I don't really need, but I guess I can store Subaru parts in it!
This latest 'deal', gives me 7 bays on the same alley, plus the carport, and 9 bays and 2 carports at the 'Planet MRAF', ( farm backwards)

God LIKES ME!!!! HE really, really LIKES ME!!!

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 09-20-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:57 PM

So what are You gonna do with all tht space?
maybe build a short track?

My Locker

Bart
Old 09-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXBart
So what are You gonna do with all tht space?
maybe build a short track?
I already have an 1/4 mile oval, and a 100 ft concrete pad for BURN-OUTS! I just needed more space to keep finished stuff out of the rain!
My NEXT carport will resemble a '40's style ' gas station, so I can display all the antique gas station stuff I have put into the 'archives', ( which includes a 1929 vintage American Oil gas pump I stashed about 15 years ago). Since the alley that all this stuff is on is listed on my deed as," boardering on Huckleberry Alley, in Bealls's first addition", The name of my 'fictional gas station will be " Huckleberry's Place". I am building a 'cornerstone' for my house that has 1856, which is the year this house was built, and will have a sign that goes on the side of the house that says " Huckleberry Alley", so the locals can get a history lesson.
I will 'rotate' the 47 Dodge pick-up, and 1930 Willys Knight 'at the pump', and park all the other antiques and street rods nearby for a photo op!
At Planet MRAF, the former office will be a 60's style soda fountain 'mock-up', and I might try to find a 'deal' on one of those digital projectors, and build my own 'Drive-in' theater! If anyone has any stuff in their 'archives' that will work in my 'big plan', pm me , or post on this thread!
My 'Legacy', other than the ones I drive , will be, that I PRESERVED HISTORY!!! And was willing to share! I am constructing a History of the automobile, and the changes that resulted from them.
The Lord has opened MANY doors for me this year! I have been Blessed beyond my WILDEST DREAMS! I wish all of you the same degree of sucess that I have recieved!
Sorry for hi-jacking your thread ,Tcat.. The title just fit like a glove!

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 09-21-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
WAZZZZUP W the project???
I saw him post the other day.

Wow, I didn't even see your other post
You sound like me... start a project before you've even got around to yout "next" project.
My svx has been my "next" for quite a while now.
I had intended on restoring my bike this summer after doing a few things to the SVX... guess what got done... niether! and my new situation isn't going to help.

Right now I at least have "two" garage bays loaded with tools... but soon I'm not even going to have a driveway I will however have a shop to work in after hours in the next town over.

Lucky Marylanders!
Up the street a guy did his garage like you plan... 'cept he has VWs out front. Sounds great. You could host the first SVX movie night!

Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Now with more color

Butt First!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
I saw him post the other day.

Wow, I didn't even see your other post
You sound like me... start a project before you've even got around to yout "next" project.
My svx has been my "next" for quite a while now.
I had intended on restoring my bike this summer after doing a few things to the SVX... guess what got done... niether! and my new situation isn't going to help.

Right now I at least have "two" garage bays loaded with tools... but soon I'm not even going to have a driveway I will however have a shop to work in after hours in the next town over.

Lucky Marylanders!
Up the street a guy did his garage like you plan... 'cept he has VWs out front. Sounds great. You could host the first SVX movie night!
I'm going to do this, BUTT FIRST, I have to do THAT!! Story of my LIFE!!
I have done 300% of the things that didn't happen for me over the last 30 years in the last 6 months!!!
The only difference is that WE did so WELL with the first money that was offered, that people are falling all over themselves to be a 'PART' of what comes NEXT!
We haven't even cleared the rubble from the 'last' project before the next one is 50% DONE!! People that I didn't even KNOW 6 months ago are offering $5,000. lines of credit, because they SEE RESULTS!!!
This thing is going to be REALLY BIGGGG!

I am a 'thinking' person and have VOLUMES of sketches that have never been seen. Now I have people that WANT to see them, and make them happen!

The biggest problem I have is that 4 hours is NOT enough sleep!, But that is what my average is! It's a good thing that I drew those pictures! ( I might forget what we are building)

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 09-22-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Jerry's projects sounds extremely interesting to me. He seems to have a bunch going on right now. But I'm sitting here biting my tongue to reply, cause of Hijacking Tcat's thread. Can we move the last few entries to a new thread?

But lock out the exclamation point. Jerry is a member of Exclamation point annonymous. He's not allowed to use them anymore.

Translation in Jerry speak (j/k)

Jerry's projects sounds extremely interesting to me!! He seems to have a bunch going on right now!!! But I'm sitting here biting my tongue to reply! Cause of Hijacking Tcat's thread! Can we move the last few entries to a new thread?!?

(Jerry's keyboard is on Crystal Meth.)

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Now with more color

'Croc Hunter' of the auto world.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Jerry's projects sounds extremely interesting to me. He seems to have a bunch going on right now. But I'm sitting here biting my tongue to reply, cause of Hijacking Tcat's thread. Can we move the last few entries to a new thread?

But lock out the exclamation point. Jerry is a member of Exclamation point annonymous. He's not allowed to use them anymore.

Translation in Jerry speak (j/k)

Jerry's projects sounds extremely interesting to me!! He seems to have a bunch going on right now!!! But I'm sitting here biting my tongue to reply! Cause of Hijacking Tcat's thread! Can we move the last few entries to a new thread?!?

(Jerry's keyboard is on Crystal Meth.)
I am so gung -ho to make progress that it carries over to the 'puter

Jerry
Old 09-22-2006, 01:11 PM

Wellllll

I'm like the rest of you guys it looks like. Started another project, well it kinda started on it's own but it's cool anyway. My neighbor down the road that I bought my welder from bought this big Miller welder. He has a machine shop in his pole barn and works out of it on small jobs. Well his welder was to hot for this job he has so he borrowed mine back. Anyway since I could not work on the Bucket project I started in on the Harley. My 96 Springer now has a foot clutch and a Tank side shifter. I just sent that out to be chromed. I will post pictures when it comes back but it looks pretty cool.

The Bucket frame is all spotted together right now and it's ready to weld solid I guess. Everything lines up pretty well. I'm fighting the weather right now with rain and cold. They are talking snow showers in Northern Minn now...
I'm not ready for winter yet.....