Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Car wont start, fuel pump will not run?

Ok yesterday I was working on a starter problem, so i diconected my batter and dived into my sterring colom to get at the igntion switch. So any way my cousin and I had to drive it to pick some stuff up. So i put the conected the battery and cranked the car over with the ignition switch diconected from the key lock. The car turned over for about 5 secs with out any thing, so i turned it off then tried it again, the car fired in about 2 secs. Right then i just asumened that it was from the ecu being reset. Later tring to come home, i tried to start the car , nothing, it would just turn over. So my cousin wanted to see if he could hear the fuel pump running, when ever I turned the car the key on the fuel pump made a gurgle noise for about 3 secs then turned off. After tring to start it for about 10 mins, the car fired and I drove home. The car ran perfectley the whole way back, with what seemened to be the same amount of power as normal. Today I tried to start it just to see if it would run and it cranks but i cant even here the gurgle from the fuel pump any more. Any ideas. I have a stage 1 V4 ecutune ecu if this is a common problem.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Any updates?

Has the check engine light ever come on?