Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Post Oath Acceptance

On this day the 5th of November, 2004 I declare that I will no longer use strong and offensive language with my fellow members and I keep this SVX World Network as clean as possible, free of inflammatory, sexist, and racist comments. I also declare that disagreements be dealt with in a civil manner because we are a small family, and in a family disagreements should not occur not even for any reason possible. Lets make this community a unique and professional one, respect one another and stick and help one another for the benefit of all.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Oath Acceptance

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
On this day the 5th of November, 2004 I declare that I will no longer use strong and offensive language with my fellow members and I keep this SVX World Network as clean as possible, free of inflammatory, sexist, and racist comments. I also declare that disagreements be dealt with in a civil manner because we are a small family, and in a family disagreements should not occur not even for any reason possible. Lets make this community a unique and professional one, respect one another and stick and help one another for the benefit of all.
I agree on this oath stated above, and promise to interact with my fellow SVX'ers according to it, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE ARE ABOUT TO MAKE THIS GREAT CAR, A ROCKET TO SERIOUSLY ACCOUNT FOR !!!

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Re: Oath Acceptance

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
I agree on this oath stated above, and promise to interact with my fellow SVX'ers according to it, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE ARE ABOUT TO MAKE THIS GREAT CAR, A ROCKET TO SERIOUSLY ACCOUNT FOR !!!

I hope to see the acceptances of all of you guys. Don't let me down.

Old 11-05-2004, 01:27 AM
no limitation as limitation

i aggree with what your saying. but you have to understand the frequency of people that "troll" or post false material. this happens alot on forums like these and are very disruptive. further more no one here thinks of you as a "stupid man from a stupid country" this is a state of integration meaning that it is a community without race creed or origin. i, myself, am a shaolin laymon monk and probably the only one of my creed on this forum and i recieve no ill will. it is just hard for many people to believe what they cant see, and over the duration of the 'new gen svx' a long time past without proof of your mods so the natives became restless. the nature of your replys (until the pics) was that of someone trolling E.G. saying that you will only post pics of the rear section. this creat doubt in the community because if you had nothing to hide you would have to need for that remark. i am guilty of the same doubts, mostly of your turbo system, but i choose not to post till i have more info.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:09 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
I solemnly accept.

But can you read this post as well?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
I solemnly accept.

But can you read this post as well?
Thank you !!!! you are my big brother!!!

Old 11-05-2004, 02:18 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Well, I agree to be as cordial and positive as possible. Danny never said he had any of those mods done, but just that he was planning on them... so I don't know why anyone was confused (it was pretty clear). I try to be respectful of others, but I do have my own opinion which I usually bite my tongue on. However, I can't promise if someone has their facts wrong and/or is talking out of their arse, that I won't call them on the BS and talk a LITTLE trash (maybe). I mean, c'mon, people who know nothing about cars say some pretty outrageous crap and you simply must shake your head in disgust and call them on their crap...or they will continue to infect other naive people. That isn't pointed at anyone here, just in general... like people that say they have a 10 second N/A Civic that is stock... you gotta call people on that crap.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-05-2004, 02:39 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8
Well, I agree to be as cordial and positive as possible. Danny never said he had any of those mods done, but just that he was planning on them... so I don't know why anyone was confused (it was pretty clear). I try to be respectful of others, but I do have my own opinion which I usually bite my tongue on. However, I can't promise if someone has their facts wrong and/or is talking out of their arse, that I won't call them on the BS and talk a LITTLE trash (maybe). I mean, c'mon, people who know nothing about cars say some pretty outrageous crap and you simply must shake your head in disgust and call them on their crap...or they will continue to infect other naive people. That isn't pointed at anyone here, just in general... like people that say they have a 10 second N/A Civic that is stock... you gotta call people on that crap.
why calling names like BS and the like !!! even he is stating that he did something without proof ? just tell him : present us with evidence and we will believe you ! as simple as that ! no need for BS or declare war... or lyer.. or crap... just ignore the guy until evidence is presented ! I claimed that i have a 6 speed tranny but not installed yet ! i did all the customization on it, but waiting till I know how and what kind of turbo and Mods I will do, because i want to install everything at one time.. turbo(s) + chip + 6speed tranny

Old 11-05-2004, 03:41 AM

i can understand silverspear's point of view. i was at a party at a friends house. i was outside smoking a cig with this othe guy rather than standing in silence i sparke up an conversation. he said he drives a tow truck (ram commins turbo desil) i told him that i was an emploie of the maryland recovery beuro and that i use a tow truck on a regular basis. for some reason he asked me how much boost on a turbo sysem was alot. i told him. quote " the only car i have experience with turbo is a 90-94 legacy. the car comes stock with about 9 psi (i think) so with a moderate build i would think anyware from 20-25 would be alot. but t is a flat 4 and i imagine that varries from car to car" unquote. the man became irate and asked me if i thought he was stupid. i asked him what the hell he was talking about. appearently he was informed by one of my friends that im a student of the Shaolin temple and of Wang chun. he bagan to doubt me on my job, knowledge of cars, abd my ability in kung fu. this was verry annoying i have studied kung fu my entire life and for some slack jawed tornado bait white trash to say i dont know an art form that i didicate my life to is offensive. he asked me to show him some of my abilities and i told him that if he wanted to donate his body that i would show him the one inch punch. he flipped me off and went inside. later as i was hitting on this girl he came up behind me and hit me over the shoulder with the fat end of a pool stick. being well trained in chi gong (hard chi) the stick broke over my shoulder without injury. i turned and in a weakend state caused by alcahol and anger i grabed his right hand and proceeded to bring the smak down. i broke most of the bones in his hand before i cought my self and stoped. i, for the most part, am an enlightened person. i do not anger easily nor to i fight or cause harm unless i need to, to survive. i have to live with the guilt of unjustly mameing a weeker individual all because he didn't believe what i told him and he tried to call me out.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:50 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
i can understand silverspear's point of view. i was at a party at a friends house. i was outside smoking a cig with this othe guy rather than standing in silence i sparke up an conversation. he said he drives a tow truck (ram commins turbo desil) i told him that i was an emploie of the maryland recovery beuro and that i use a tow truck on a regular basis. for some reason he asked me how much boost on a turbo sysem was alot. i told him. quote " the only car i have experience with turbo is a 90-94 legacy. the car comes stock with about 9 psi (i think) so with a moderate build i would think anyware from 20-25 would be alot. but t is a flat 4 and i imagine that varries from car to car" unquote. the man became irate and asked me if i thought he was stupid. i asked him what the hell he was talking about. appearently he was informed by one of my friends that im a student of the Shaolin temple and of Wang chun. he bagan to doubt me on my job, knowledge of cars, abd my ability in kung fu. this was verry annoying i have studied kung fu my entire life and for some slack jawed tornado bait white trash to say i dont know an art form that i didicate my life to is offensive. he asked me to show him some of my abilities and i told him that if he wanted to donate his body that i would show him the one inch punch. he flipped me off and went inside. later as i was hitting on this girl he came up behind me and hit me over the shoulder with the fat end of a pool stick. being well trained in chi gong (hard chi) the stick broke over my shoulder without injury. i turned and in a weakend state caused by alcahol and anger i grabed his right hand and proceeded to bring the smak down. i broke most of the bones in his hand before i cought my self and stoped. i, for the most part, am an enlightened person. i do not anger easily nor to i fight or cause harm unless i need to, to survive. i have to live with the guilt of unjustly mameing a weeker individual all because he didn't believe what i told him and he tried to call me out.
so are you in favor of this oath???

Old 11-05-2004, 04:15 AM

well yeah i would take the time to post if i didn't
Old 11-05-2004, 04:22 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
1- SilverSpear
2- Matthewmongan
3- Weebitob
4- Pure_Insanity8

Come on guys !!! where are the others??

Old 11-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Phil & Belha

This site already has terms and conditions of membership. Didn't you read them when you joined?

It also has an administrator and a team of moderators who do a pretty good job of deciding what is appropriate here and what is not.

Furthermore if you feel somebody has said something inappropriate then you can report it to the moderators and they will take appropriate action.

In practice it works rather well.

I don't think we need your oath.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by b3lha
This site already has terms and conditions of membership. Didn't you read them when you joined?

It also has an administrator and a team of moderators who do a pretty good job of deciding what is appropriate here and what is not.

Furthermore if you feel somebody has said something inappropriate then you can report it to the moderators and they will take appropriate action.

I know that , but this is not my oath but rather our family's oath ! with all do respect to the moderators of this network, this is like a small agreement rather than an oath in order to make objectivity and confidence the basis of the community

Old 11-05-2004, 09:22 AM
THAWA

Quote:
Originally posted by b3lha

I agree, there is a reason there is a registration page that you have terms you must agree to. To be honest it's more complete than your oath. What do you propose to do about new members? Have them agree to this when they just agreed to the rules of the Admin? What about the old members, are you going to have them agree to this even those they already agreed to the rules of the Admin? Really Danny, as I stated before, I just don't see this as working.

So hows about we talk about your planned mods instead?

Also why is this in the MOD fourm?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: