Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Re: Re: Re: Re: Before you Vote in Nov, you should read this

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder
No. I didn't. The IAEA visited and sealed the bunkers in January but then visited the site again in March. They did not verify the explosives were there because the seals were intact.

Source (Associated Press--not those evil "liberal" news organizations): http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ons_timeline_1
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.as...3&Cr=iraq&Cr1=
"The IAEA last verified the presence of those stockpiles in January 2003."

The AP article says "_ March 9-15: Nuclear agency inspectors visit Al-Qaqaa for the last time but apparently don't examine the explosives because the seals aren't broken." It does not say UN weapons inspectors.

We were both right.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-28-2004, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
But a 9 for NPR? What program(s) do you listen to on NPR? I find Fresh Air to be reasonably balanced.
Fresh Air isn't bad. On Point, MediaTalk, and most of the recent issue call in shows have had opposing guests where neither guest walks much past the moderate line.

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 10-28-2004, 09:44 AM

Re: in your opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

Where is John Stewert on that scale ?
I like the guy, think hes cool as hell, did you happen to catch the episode of Crossfire he was on ?
Cant say I agree with his opinions, but I still enjoy his show.
I've never listened to John Stewert. Don't know why, just haven't caught him or bothered to look up the schedule.

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 10-28-2004, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
Thank you for being an arrogant liberal and assuming that if I'd rather have Kerry than Bush in office. .- Jim

PS: 2 party system= failure
Please be careful. This discussion has been very polite so far and I'd like to see it stay that way.

PS: I agree with you 100%

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 10-28-2004, 09:51 AM

Dick Gebhardt was my first choice for president, unfortunately he lost to Kerry for the Democratic seat.

John McCain was my first choice for the 2000 election, unfortunately he lost to Bush for the Republican seat.

Two perfect examples of how the two party system is messed up. Both candidates were moderates and didn't stand a chance in a two party system.

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 10-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
I finally decided today

NPR was doing a story on how the Japanese felt about the our election. Many said that they support Kerry

Who are they? I don't remember having an opinion or influence on their choice of Prime Minister!

I feel that the Al quida (sp?) also support a change and have and will ramp up their attacks to try to influence OUR democratic process.

Now, I don't think Bush is the smartest President that we have ever had. And I'm quite sure he has his own polictial agenda, but so does Kerry.

Up until today I was going to keep out of this and the other election forums, even though I have read all of what our fellow SVX members have been talking about.

I wish there was another choice. But I think we need to send these murderers and renegades a message. YES BUSH is a HAWK. Do I like that? Not on an everyday basis, but, when we have thugs and thieves that think they can bully an entire country into who to vote for... I want someone with an aggressive plan. Not someone that one day says he supports the efforts and then the next says we should pull out on an artificial time line.

I've given this a lot of thought and tried to put myself into a lot of different shoes to see what I would do or would have done.

For instance... what if I were taken hostage? I would (even though I doubt it would make it to the ARAB Website that airs the video) not plead for my life. I would ask that our government kill whoever they were asking the government to release in exchange for me, and hope that I didn't scream like a baby when they slit my throat.

They kill innocent people to further their cause. Let's kill a few of the people we have in custody in a like manner. I know that we will not and cannot do this…

But as of the NPR broadcast today I’ve made up my mind. I won’t respect myself in 4 years but I will vote for Bush this time. I think it’s our only chance to bring back the troops and secure our nation. After we have turned Iraq over to the Iraqis People and given them even the slightest chance to succeed. Then we can revert to the Isolationist Ideas that served us so well just before World War One.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 10-28-2004, 12:08 PM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95

When did I say I was a liberal? Actually, it's quite the opposite. The only reason third parties are there is to take votes from moderate liberals that would otherwise vote democrat. Hell, funding comes from the republican party.

You are throwing your vote away.
You didn't. But seeing as how you were being arrogant enough to ASSUME that I'd prefer Kerry over Bush, I thought I'd return the favor and ASSUME you're someone who thinks all votes for 3rd parties would have gone to Kerry if the 3rd party wasn't an option. By that rational, all people who vote for bush WOULD have voted for Kerry had Bush not been an option.

The third party exists because the two party system is FAILING. Instead of focusing on real issues they're both caught up in one big cluster**** of distractions, and neither represent the average joe. All of our nations founding forefathers were AGAINST the two party system! What is the minimum number of legs required for a table to stand? THREE. What's the strongest geometric shape that's used in architecture all over the world? Triangle. What's the minimum number of fins needed for a rocket to maintain stable flight? THREE.

The two party system is screwed, and today's world is evidence of it. We need CHANGE, and voting for either of the two main parties will just perpetuate the stagnation of our country.

- Jim

PS: Check your facts. When the democratic party tried to BLOCK nader from being on the ballots in 26 states, they did it so the Nader campaign would have to show up in 26 states on the SAME DAY. Boy. That's real fair. Anyway, the republicans offered to help finance the countersuit to get him back on, and guess what? They were told to screw off, and that they'd rather LOSE the law suit and not appear on any ballots instead of taking money from one of the two main parties.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:09 PM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by gsodonis

Whoa! Kerry only started showing his 'Christianity' when the polls showed that this might be an election issue. Bush has always worn his faith on his sleeve, good, bad or indifferent.
Exactly why I don't trust Kerry. I trust Bush's honesty and intentions, but I vehemently disagree with things like the "Patriot Act"- it's definition a complete oxymoron of it's actual name. Hence, neither of them are for me. :P

- Jim

Last edited by BoondockSVX; 10-28-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Easy there killer. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
Are you honestly trying to make a connection between the strength of a triangle and a third party? You have got to be kidding me.

I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. For the sake and respect of others, I don't want this to turn any uglier than it already has.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 10-28-2004, 01:29 PM

Georgia allows early voting, so I voted during my lunch break today. Glad that's done; now I just wish the whole affair was OVER. I fear the vote counting process will be ugly (and pray I'm wrong).

dcb
Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

The two party system is screwed, and today's world is evidence of it. We need CHANGE, and voting for either of the two main parties will just perpetuate the stagnation of our country.

- Jim

Change.....yes! It's about time we abolish ALL parties except those we have at birthdays & on the beach at Ft. Lauderdale, & find a benevolent dictator to run the show for a while.

On a heavier note, I've been pondering "What if" .....
What if the Al Queda Qrazies finally do what we all know they CAN do, & that is simultaneously nuke, gas or blow up 50 Wal-marts, the Brooklyn, Golden Gate & Huey Long Bridges, the Holland tunnel, the Big Dig, Yankee Stadium, & some properties owned by Donald Trump. All it takes is a fleet of old Mopar vans, some home brewed nitro, & a martyr's attitude (Show me them virgins now!)

The question. At what target(s) are we gonna' aim those old cold war (you KNOW we got 'em) ICBMs? Will we just take out all of Mesopotamia proper, or will we go for the whole taco, & do Krazy Kim as a bonus?

Just kidding.....You know day-um well President Kerry will consult with Kofe, the delegation from Luxemburg, & Larry King before doing anything rash.

What a country!

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 10-28-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Change.....yes! It's about time we abolish ALL parties except those we have at birthdays & on the beach at Ft. Lauderdale, & find a benevolent dictator to run the show for a while.
I like your thinking. Too bad I've already voted for Mr. Pockets. You'll have to run next time.

dcb
Old 10-28-2004, 09:06 PM

the thrid party candidate ralph nadar is going to affect kerry the most because he is extremely liberal wich is on the far "left wing" wile kerry is not as liberal but still on the "left wing" meaning that the votes that go to ralph nadar would have probably gone to kerry if nadar was not running, meaning less votes for kerry

as for me i stand with bush, being a student i appreciate the fact that since hes been in office government spending on education has increased 50%...as for kerry he believes that the tax cuts should only be for the middle class and poor people when as for bush wants the tax cuts for everyone both rich and poor wich is the way it is supposed to be since everyone is supposed to be treated equal the way our government was founded

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737

Last edited by Phoenix_3737; 10-28-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Certified Porschephile

Good job Phoenix, someone else finnaly understands this. If you make 3.6 million a year and pay 400,000 in taxes, and someone else makes 60,000 a year and pays 12,000 in taxes, and the government gives everyone a 8% tax cut, the guy who paid more will get more. It's simple math, but the kerry people play it up like some super right wing plan to keep the middle class poor. 8% is 8% to everyone but a democrat appearently.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:35 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: Re: in your opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

I've never listened to John Stewert. Don't know why, just haven't caught him or bothered to look up the schedule.

Doug
TiVo baby! :-)

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: